Back to Modern Art & Ideas

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Modern Art & Ideas by The Museum of Modern Art

Welcome to Modern Art & Ideas! This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about modern and contemporary art. Over the next five weeks, you will look at art through a variety of themes: Places & Spaces, Art & Identity, Transforming Everyday Objects, and Art & Society. Each week kicks off with a video that connects works of art from The Museum of Modern Art’s collection to the theme. You will hear audio interviews with artists, designers, and curators and learn more about selected works in the additional readings and resources. Throughout this course you will discover how artists: -- represent place and take inspiration from their environment, -- create works of art to express, explore, and question identity, -- use everyday objects to challenge assumptions about what constitutes a work of art and how it should be made, -- and respond to the social, cultural, and political issues of their time through works of art. Through the discussion forum prompts and peer review assignment, you will also have the opportunity to connect with other learners and explore how these themes resonate with your own life and experience....

AM
Jan 14, 2018

It has been a very wonderful course. I love the museum as a cultural space and now I love it more for its commitment to online education and giving us the opportunity to learn in different countries.

TT
Jun 7, 2020

Really enjoyed this course! Well organized/developed, and even for a museum buff, like me, offered great ideas, and perspectives in ‘looking’ and ‘understanding’ art, and particular artist’s process.

926 - 950 of 1,335 Reviews for Modern Art & Ideas

By Kevin E

Mar 4, 2018

A great course, thank you MOMA

By Khokhlova A

Mar 2, 2018

Visual part is simply perfect!

By Mai M A E L

Aug 6, 2017

I love it I love it I love it!

By Amulya J

Aug 12, 2020

It really changed my outlook!

By Chris S

I really enjoyed this course.

By Georgina J

Apr 27, 2020

I LOVED IT. I LEARNED SO MUCH

By Jorge A M

Nov 9, 2017

Very pleasant and interesting

By Iris C

Sep 21, 2017

I love this excellent course.

By Maria P

Jun 17, 2016

Compact, consistent and cool.

By Abhijit G

Its an exceptional learning.

By Scott H

May 5, 2020

I truly enjoyed this class!!

By Marco P P F

Apr 11, 2020

I learn much in this course.

By Bart B

Oct 29, 2019

Interesting set of lectures!

By Maria T

Aug 30, 2018

Very good course. Thank you.

By Erick C

Jan 7, 2018

Didáctico y muy informativo.

Jan 19, 2017

good for art teacher/critics

By Jhonatan O O F

Mar 1, 2021

I love it. Thanks everyone!

By ALFONSO B

Jan 13, 2021

Better than what I expected

By Grace H U

Sep 1, 2020

It was instructive and fun.

By Mona M

Jan 28, 2020

Very effective and organize

By Kimiya R

Jan 27, 2020

Great course. I enjoyed it.

By Megan B

Oct 17, 2019

This was an amazing course!

By Tony T

Jan 13, 2019

MOMA biased but still good.

By Ruby

Mar 6, 2018

介绍了主要的现代艺术家及其画作,补充资料丰富,解读到位

By Yulia L

Aug 11, 2016

Keeps your interest! Great!