Back to Modern Art & Ideas

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Modern Art & Ideas by The Museum of Modern Art

Welcome to Modern Art & Ideas! This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about modern and contemporary art. Over the next five weeks, you will look at art through a variety of themes: Places & Spaces, Art & Identity, Transforming Everyday Objects, and Art & Society. Each week kicks off with a video that connects works of art from The Museum of Modern Art’s collection to the theme. You will hear audio interviews with artists, designers, and curators and learn more about selected works in the additional readings and resources. Throughout this course you will discover how artists: -- represent place and take inspiration from their environment, -- create works of art to express, explore, and question identity, -- use everyday objects to challenge assumptions about what constitutes a work of art and how it should be made, -- and respond to the social, cultural, and political issues of their time through works of art. Through the discussion forum prompts and peer review assignment, you will also have the opportunity to connect with other learners and explore how these themes resonate with your own life and experience....

AM
Jan 14, 2018

It has been a very wonderful course. I love the museum as a cultural space and now I love it more for its commitment to online education and giving us the opportunity to learn in different countries.

TT
Jun 7, 2020

Really enjoyed this course! Well organized/developed, and even for a museum buff, like me, offered great ideas, and perspectives in ‘looking’ and ‘understanding’ art, and particular artist’s process.

576 - 600 of 1,417 Reviews for Modern Art & Ideas

By karina n z

Feb 10, 2021

Great course, thank you for all the interesting information, I really enjoyed all the tools

By Irina G

Nov 7, 2019

Useful and interesting course. A lot of information to develop the potential of the artist.

By Thamires S d B

Oct 22, 2019

I learned very much from this course! I'd like to thank everyone who prepared this for us.

By Candelaria S

Jul 25, 2019

Un curso muy completo! Donde uno puede aprender y adentrarse en el mundo del arte moderno.

By Rishnitt H

May 23, 2016

Great understanding on themes and how to see art and various ideas that it permeates from.

By José P

Apr 4, 2016

Excelente curso, algunos problemas con el tiempo para realizarlo pero está bastante bueno!

By paola c

Dec 20, 2020

the course is amazing, learned a lot, cant' wait for the next one on this specialization!

By Katie H

Apr 19, 2020

I really enjoyed using my brain and seeing a little bit of the amazing collection at MoMA

By Angélica T R

Aug 27, 2019

Me encantó!!! me abrió la puerta a ver el arte de tantas otras perspectivas. Gracias MoMa

By Maria d l A P R

Nov 20, 2018

It's very inspirational. All the examples and texts made me want to create something new.

By Ana P B

Nov 16, 2016

It was very nice to understand some concepts and also to know deeply about some artworks.

By Anastasia W

Jul 14, 2020

Great course!! I learnt so many valuable skills which I know will help me in my studies.

By Crista Q

Jul 7, 2020

Great course! Got me really Into Art History and I'll definitely be doing more of these!

By Akhilesh

Dec 24, 2018

It was a really great course - loved doing it, learnt a lot from it, a great experience.

By Sandra A M G

Feb 26, 2017

Es un gran curso para conocer y comprender la expresión artística es diferentes facetas.

By Luis I N R

Nov 12, 2020

Muy buen curso para los que queremos enfocarnos más en el arte moderno y contemporaneo!

By ADRIANA J R A

Jul 13, 2020

A complete and entertaining course. I learned to observe and analyze the artist's work.

By Kathy P

Mar 27, 2020

Another great course from MoMA, in which I learned a great deal and thoroughly enjoyed.

By Deniss G V

Jan 4, 2019

Wonderful and very complete, a lot of extra readings and stuff to complemet the course.

By Cathy K

Nov 29, 2020

The subject matter and choice of artwork is very inspirational and thought provokinig.

By Prateeksha S

Sep 4, 2020

I learnt so much from this course! It felt like a guided museum tour (in a good way!)

By Linna W

Apr 26, 2020

I am grateful for the opportunity to expand my knowledge of Modern Art, thank you MOMA

By Luciana S P

Feb 23, 2020

Just wonderful; i enjoyed it very much. Perfectly organized and high-quality material.

By Veronica R

Feb 22, 2020

Excellent course! I learned so much and really liked the recommended readings as well.

By Nadezhda M

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you for showing Modern art and all the wonderful short videos and presenations!