Back to The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2) by Wesleyan University

This course examines how the idea of "the modern" develops at the end of the 18th century in European philosophy and literature, and how being modern (or progressive, or hip) became one of the crucial criteria for understanding and evaluating cultural change. Are we still in modernity, or have we moved beyond the modern to the postmodern?...

CM
Mar 11, 2016

Sad to see it end. I loved this course. I thought Professor Roth was a great guide. As I've completed Part 2 I am tempted to go listen to the lectures all over again. This hooked me on MOOCs. 6 stars.

SC
Oct 24, 2015

The course is great . I am not a humanities student and english is not my first language , so I find writing essays difficult. I wish there were some easier tests along side the essays. Thank you.

26 - 50 of 85 Reviews for The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2)

By Fogan A

Oct 4, 2019

A very good course for everyone whowould like to understand our today society and the last generations behaviors... Thanks to Coursera & President Roth Michael!

By James C

Oct 25, 2016

I can't get enough of Michael Roth's courses! I've retaken this course and the other two. I get more insight each time! No attitude, just insight and learing!

By Olga M

Aug 16, 2018

Thank you for this inspiring diving into modern and postmodern philosophy. It helped a lot with filling gaps and providing new leads to develop and research

By Alisha M

Feb 23, 2016

My favourite MOOC of all time! Changed the way I viewed the world and introduced me to the wonderful new world of philosophy. Thank you Micheal S. Roth! :)

By Teresa F

Feb 1, 2016

I want more. It grew in me like when you manage to bring out a splendid salad.Everything connects and relates but what really matters is the chewing.

By luciana a a

Sep 30, 2020

A very good way to start thinking about our times. I learned a lot about authors and reflected much during the course. Was really worth every class!

By Everardo G

Mar 19, 2016

This is an amazing course. I´m really happy. I had a really good time with the bibliography, the topics, and the teacher. ¡THAKS A LOT!

By Peter A B

Aug 6, 2020

really enjoyed the course. When are they going to d a course on late existentialist thinkers? Some of the readings were unavailable.

By Andrew G

Feb 9, 2016

Excellent course. Well constructed and well presented. Really enjoyed learning about a subject I previously only knew the name of!

By Peter F

Dec 16, 2018

Excellent course from an accomplished scholar, presents insights about his subject matter from all different points of view.

By Rebecca R

Nov 16, 2015

I loved this course. Michael Roth was superb in repacking the challenging content in an engaging and enthralling manner.

By Bergthor S

Oct 1, 2015

THE most interesting lecturer I have found in recent times.

Wonderfully enlightening approach to the subjec.

By Cristina D

Jul 11, 2017

Excellent! Looking forward for more classes like this one, and if they are with the same Professor, even better.

By David V G

Jul 14, 2016

Great Course. Enjoying it, expanding my knowledge and thinking. Taking my time and repeat most of the lectures.

By LilGuz

Oct 26, 2015

Excellent course, the best context to read and understand very good writers and important ideas. Thank you.

By Rahul R

Apr 22, 2016

Very well presented and planned.

Lot of learning opportunity . Interest generating to learn more.

By Mary L R

Mar 19, 2016

What is Western Pilosophy? Here's an answer that also helps you understand the ways people behave.

By Clarissa P

Nov 17, 2015

brilliant and illuminating course, covering complex ideas in a friendly and understandable manner.

By Sankar V

Jan 7, 2018

A very enlightening approach showering rich content through diverse methodologies. Thanks a lot

By Ernesto B

Sep 30, 2020

Excelente, es un curso muy ameno, lleno de lecturas de los propios autores. Es muy orientador.

By penn w

Apr 11, 2016

This class is wonderful and i'm looking forward to taking it again when it becomes available.

By amanda m

May 28, 2018

amazing lectures and challenging essay topics that really help you absorb the material.

By Gloria J M

Feb 9, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. It change the way I see the world and our place in it.

By Miriam P S

Jan 29, 2016

Excellent choice of material, ample reading support, clear expositions.

By Ni N

Aug 24, 2020

A very excellent course, the course I enjoy the most in Coursera!