Back to The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910 by University of Virginia

This is a survey of modern history from a global perspective. Part Two begins early in the twentieth century, as older ways of doing things and habits of thought give way. What follows is an era of cataclysmic struggles over what ideas and institutions will take their place. The course concludes in the present day, as communities everywhere are transitioning into a new era of world history. Again we work hard to grasp what is happening and ask: Why? Again we are drawn to pivotal choices made at key moments by individuals and communities....

MN
Sep 23, 2017

excellent course for those who have not studied history as part of their academic curriculum. Course is slightly from American(USA) perspective of world events but nevertheless is highly informative.

SK
Nov 20, 2020

The Professor was really passionate and took you throug the miniscule details of modern history that made the world the way they are. this is truly a global history course and i enjoyed it very much

126 - 150 of 319 Reviews for The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910

By Peter R

Mar 15, 2016

Exhaustive, clear, excellent presentation with very helpful diagrams. I have enjoyed every lecture. But where is the book covering all this

By Michal F

Oct 29, 2017

Very interesting take on the last 2 centuries - put in a holistic form, very well thought trough. Excellent course and a great instructor.

By n.atalie

Oct 11, 2017

I enjoyed this course so much as it provides great videos and the quizzes are great instruments in order to revise my learning progress.

By Drew F

Jul 17, 2016

Professor Zelikow always does a phenomenal job. By far the best lecturer I have watched on Coursera. Thanks for the class, professor.

By Audrey R M

Oct 22, 2020

I learned a lot about world history. I also enjoyed listening to the lectures so much I finished the entire course in about two weeks.

By Mateo N S

Thank you professor and UVA! Both courses were incredible. I learned a lot. It's a *must* for everyone interested in history. 10/10

By Remington C

Jan 12, 2016

Brilliant teacher, wonderful course. This course allows you to not just have a knowledge, but an understanding of the modern world.

By Lazaros A

Nov 8, 2018

An excellent, thought provoking course. It has helped me form an understanding of how things work and how we got to where we are.

By Chavarria G

Sep 4, 2019

Thank you very much to Mr. Philip Zelikow. I fully enjoy his teaching and points of view. I absolutely recommend this teaching.

By Rashi S R

Apr 15, 2020

a really well structured course providing great insights from around the globe and quite an unbiased understanding of the world

By Oscar T

Dec 30, 2018

Master in the use of the "why?" in history. Very pedagogical presentations with profound historical insight. ¡Mejor imposible!

By JOHN Q

Dec 7, 2015

As good as Part One....I have thoroughly enjoyed both parts of this course. Thanks for the wonderful lectures! John Quincy

By Art S

Aug 6, 2019

Excellent big picture objective overview of how the world got to where it is and some insights on where it may go from here.

By Vishal K

Jun 30, 2020

The way of presenting situations is just brilliant sir, I loved each and every lecture, the way you analyse things, awesome

By Roger C P

Jan 21, 2016

A short course but with a great vision of the Global History of the 20th century. Philip Zelikou is an excellent professor.

By Arseniy N

Dec 6, 2020

Very interesting course and the professor was pretty objective when classifying some of the event as positive or negative

By James B

Jun 17, 2016

Interesting, well-presented. Instructor was congenial and the presentations were well-illustrated, including some humor.

By Shashank K

Sep 12, 2020

What a fantastic course that tells the story of the modern world! Excellent delivery of presentations by the professor.

By Trevor W

Aug 13, 2017

Excellent. One of the best courses on world history I've taken. Truly engaging and packed full of interesting facts.

By David S

Sep 5, 2016

A great course. I learned a tremendous amount and found the professor to be extremely knowledgeable and thoughtful.

By thomas l

Dec 26, 2020

I learned a lot in this course. Kudos to the professor for making the course both understandable and enlightening.

By G. C D A L J

Aug 19, 2020

An exceptional journey in time. Clear and focused explanation. A great professor that makes it easy to understand.

By James W S

Jun 25, 2016

This is the second course taken by me from Philip Zelikow. He is an excellent instruction whom I thoroughly enjoy.

By Fabricio B

Jun 7, 2016

Invites to be analytic and critical about historical events. Excellent approach: situation+decisions+consequences.

By Antoine B

Mar 13, 2017

Le professeur est très sympathique, et on apprend beaucoup, y compris sur des sujets que l'on pensait connaître.