Back to The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910 by University of Virginia

This is a survey of modern history from a global perspective. Part Two begins early in the twentieth century, as older ways of doing things and habits of thought give way. What follows is an era of cataclysmic struggles over what ideas and institutions will take their place. The course concludes in the present day, as communities everywhere are transitioning into a new era of world history. Again we work hard to grasp what is happening and ask: Why? Again we are drawn to pivotal choices made at key moments by individuals and communities....

MN
Sep 23, 2017

excellent course for those who have not studied history as part of their academic curriculum. Course is slightly from American(USA) perspective of world events but nevertheless is highly informative.

SK
Nov 20, 2020

The Professor was really passionate and took you throug the miniscule details of modern history that made the world the way they are. this is truly a global history course and i enjoyed it very much

101 - 125 of 338 Reviews for The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910

By Carole A

Feb 28, 2016

Great course!

I particularly appreciated that the emphasis was not on what happened and dates as much as on explaining the why and discussing the circumstances leading to it.

By Michal S

Jan 31, 2016

Perfect follow-up of the previous course, really informative with very good explanations. I really recommend to take the course, it doesn't matter what's your specialization.

By Aleksandr Z

Dec 24, 2020

Perfect course for decomposiiton of the Global politics, development and our path towards future with a drill down to Why? happened everything through the course of History.

By Eva L

Jun 20, 2016

I am a lifelong learner older adult. I found this course to be well put together and well executed. Professor Zelokow is well spoken, thoughtful, and thought provoking.

By XIAOJUAN P

Oct 23, 2020

Great course, great instructor! I'm so excited that Prof. Zelikow is giving a talk at my university next week, on zoom, of course! Still! Really good content. Recommend!

By Clarisse S O

Jul 24, 2020

I truly enjoyed the online course, so educative and well presented.

This was purely for my own knowledge. I am glad I chose that course over any other.

Thank you again.

By Akash S

Sep 27, 2020

I can't express my experience in words how it was beneficial for me in these tough days . Really the teacher is one of the best teacher in this world . Thank you sir .

By Ryan D

Mar 29, 2017

Simply amazing. I feel ready to plunge into any part of of politics, economy, history, and diplomacy with a solid understanding of the broad scope of the modern world.

By Jakub D

Nov 11, 2016

Just finnished this course and I enjoyed it very much. Would like to thank prof. Zelikow for wonderful and very insightfull presentations! Would recommend to everyone

By MAURICIO B M

Dec 27, 2020

A concise view of the modern world, makes you think about what decisions were conducted to current ambient. I think it's very useful to understand global mechanics.

By Santiago M

Nov 17, 2015

El profesor es muy bueno, aprendí demasiadas cosas acerca de historia moderna, además incita a seguir estudiando y profundizando en temas muy interesantes.

Gracias.

By Akhilesh S

Aug 16, 2018

A wonderful and indulging course. The knowledge and the course materials presented by Prof is absolutely stunning and insightful. Everyone should take this course.

By ana b

Nov 2, 2015

Really enjoyed following this course, which has capture my attention from day 1. I learned a lot. Congratulations for putting together such a well balanced course.

By Lewis P

Jul 16, 2019

Great professor, great overview with a mix of super minute details and big picture narrative that makes this history of the 20th century fascinating and engaging.

By Kelvin L

Jan 10, 2019

This is a very informative and inspiring course. I have recommended it to my wife and my son. Also I googled the professor's profile and my impression was: WOW!!!

By Guilherme G

Grande matéria e grande mestre. Indico para todos que desejam ter uma visão ampliada da história global nesse período, com discussão e apresentação impecáveis.

By Nicola F

May 27, 2017

I have really enjoyed this course. It has made me think, understand more of the issues that have happened in my lifetime & before & made me keen to learn more.

By Peter J R J

Jun 17, 2020

I enjoyed the course immensely. Professor Zelikow was a superb teacher, excellent presentation style and a master of the information. Well done Professor!

By Jonathan S B

Apr 11, 2021

Un curso realmente maravilloso. Permite conocer muchos detalles del mundo actual. Agradezco la información y el carisma del profesor. Saludos desde Chile.

By Pradyut S

Aug 28, 2020

It was an exceptional course dealing with the world at large focusing on some of the major events that shapes the world today.

A lot to learn from it...

By Evelina P

Dec 8, 2020

Amazing course, amazing job by the professor. The quizes are to the point and the language used is very easy for foreign students as myself. Thank you!

By Darcy R J

Dec 18, 2015

Great 2 part course.

I highly recommend it if you're wanting to gain some more knowledge on what major events took place over the last 250 years or so.

By Daniel R M

Sep 6, 2020

Exceptional, higly recommend for everybody! Gives you a completly different way to understand everything in a engaging view. It's worth every second!

By Etore S

Sep 11, 2017

A fantastic jorney. An opportunity to reflect the historical choices and consequences of humankind since the industrial revolution. Excelent course.

By Gordon M

Dec 27, 2016

Excellent - thoroughly enjoyable, interesting and very well presented. It helped me to place so many isolated events in context and helped to compl