Back to The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910 by University of Virginia

This is a survey of modern history from a global perspective. Part One begins with the political and economic revolutions of the late 1700s and tracks the transformation of the world during the 1800s. Part One concludes as these bewildering changes seem to be running beyond the capacity of older institutions to handle them. Throughout the course we try to grasp what is happening and ask: Why? And the answers often turn on very human choices....

MC
Nov 5, 2018

Dear Professor,\n\nI am fascinated with week one, even though I work in the scientific side, also like history, nothing more rewarding than visiting and ancient place and know what happened... Thanks

GW
Apr 15, 2017

Such an informative course, and it linked together different regions & events; that's something only top-level sources of education does. I will no doubt continue on with the course to Part 2.

151 - 175 of 562 Reviews for The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910

By Anastasia X

Mar 4, 2017

Great calm organized instructor who helps put previous knowledge into logical perspective. Strongly advise this course for anyone who wants an overview of the time period.

By Md. R H

Jul 19, 2020

It was a fantastic course that helped to get to know a lot about the great divergence and the aftermaths. Thanks to the professor also for making this course interesting.

By Murielle H

Feb 9, 2020

Wonderful professor, interesting, eloquent and able to keep our interest high with the right rhythm, mix of information and facts. Highly stimulating course. Thank you.

By Renee K

Aug 30, 2019

I haven't particularly finished all the lessons, but the overall course is quite good, especially when you're able to highlight your notes after or during the lesson.

By Olga V

Aug 24, 2020

Easy to follow, very clear on the basics with in depth explanations on key topics. I have amuch broader understanding of World Events and what to pay attention to.

By Norman I

Feb 2, 2018

My first course completed at coursera. And i really would like to recommend it to others. The informations are delivered in such an informative and interessing way.

By mike R

Oct 19, 2015

Great course. Professor Zelikow takes the entire world and gives us a clear and sometimes surprising story of the modern world. Amazing. So glad I took this course.

By Anukalp M

Sep 22, 2020

I wondered after starting this course that history can be make enough interesting. This course made me more aware about world history with a global perspective .

By Michael H

Sep 11, 2020

This was an excellent course. The teacher was very good and took an interesting and different approach to presenting a history of a significant period of time.

By Keyla K R P

Oct 14, 2016

Excelent course! Quality in knowledge and presentation. Plenty of visual materials, helpful maps and global connections to the history covering the whole world.

By Jacqueline Y

Jun 26, 2020

If only History had been taught this way at school. Its been an incredibly insightful course. I didnt realise how relevant it was to current global situations.

By Uma J

Aug 16, 2020

Am not able to do the last quiz to complete the course

can you help me?

I missed the deadline

when i try to reset the deadline it says sorry something went wrong

By HASKAR B U

Aug 7, 2020

It helped to improve the knowledge about global history from 1760 to 1910 with unique academic input from a great university and vibrant academic counsellor

By Kai H

Nov 19, 2015

The professor is very comfortable on screen, which makes it easy to listen to what he is explaining and take it all in. I'm learning a lot from this course!

By James T

Oct 25, 2016

A different approach to world history. It's not about dates and events, and not even about famous conquerors. More about social and technological trends.

By Germán K

Nov 26, 2019

Un gran análisis de la historia moderna que nos lleva a volver a verla de manera global. Muy interesante para ampliar lecturas sobre los distintos temas.

By Alex Y

Jan 20, 2020

This course went straight to the point, but did well including relevant stories, names, and even art. I greatly appreciated this course being available.

By Grazyna R

Mar 9, 2018

Very interesting course! But despite the fact that I have completed this course still I am waiting for the certificate. I hope to receive some news .

By Beth G P

Jun 27, 2016

One of the single most interesting and useful courses I've ever taken. It definitely gave me a greater context for both history and for current events.

By Jane B

Apr 3, 2020

Excellent course. Provides a wonderful and thorough road map to the modern world. The professor's friendly tone, pace and visuals enhance the learning.

By Aleksandr K

Jun 13, 2018

This course extended my knowledge of history. I have not found any political propaganda and I really enjoyed it! Week's quizzes are challenging enough.

By 孙洁琪

Mar 17, 2016

I am eager to kown what happened between 1760 to 1910,several years.as you said,I am also eager to know how those things take place,thanks this course!

By Anthony C C W

Aug 23, 2020

Great course if you are interested in history and want to have a general view of the period. The professor could not be better. I highly recommend it.

By Ahmet F G

Oct 31, 2017

Systematicly perfect and Lecturer Mr. Zelikov is a good and sympatic teacher for me. Good course! I'm really enjoying learning Modern World History.

By James G

Feb 6, 2016

Excellent insight, clearly understood broad presentation of ideas. Excellent communicator, this was by far the best course I have taken in Coursera.