Back to The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910 by University of Virginia

This is a survey of modern history from a global perspective. Part One begins with the political and economic revolutions of the late 1700s and tracks the transformation of the world during the 1800s. Part One concludes as these bewildering changes seem to be running beyond the capacity of older institutions to handle them. Throughout the course we try to grasp what is happening and ask: Why? And the answers often turn on very human choices....

MC
Nov 5, 2018

Dear Professor,\n\nI am fascinated with week one, even though I work in the scientific side, also like history, nothing more rewarding than visiting and ancient place and know what happened... Thanks

HH
Jan 24, 2021

Very interesting and fun course\n\nDr. Zelikow really captivates the attention of the students and brilliantly explains complex situations to the layman audience.\n\nLook forward to Part II !\n\n:)

176 - 200 of 587 Reviews for The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910

By Jane B

Apr 3, 2020

Excellent course. Provides a wonderful and thorough road map to the modern world. The professor's friendly tone, pace and visuals enhance the learning.

By Aleksandr K

Jun 13, 2018

This course extended my knowledge of history. I have not found any political propaganda and I really enjoyed it! Week's quizzes are challenging enough.

By 孙洁琪

Mar 17, 2016

I am eager to kown what happened between 1760 to 1910,several years.as you said,I am also eager to know how those things take place,thanks this course!

By Anthony C C W

Aug 23, 2020

Great course if you are interested in history and want to have a general view of the period. The professor could not be better. I highly recommend it.

By SARITA S

Feb 25, 2021

It was fantastic ,knowledgable and a beautiful learning journey I enjoyed every bit of it looking forward for part -2 Global History.

sir

By Ahmet F G

Oct 31, 2017

Systematicly perfect and Lecturer Mr. Zelikov is a good and sympatic teacher for me. Good course! I'm really enjoying learning Modern World History.

By James G

Feb 6, 2016

Excellent insight, clearly understood broad presentation of ideas. Excellent communicator, this was by far the best course I have taken in Coursera.

By stuart s

Apr 10, 2018

Elegantly composed, clearly articulated, brilliant analysis of modern world history from a primarily political aka "diplomatic history" perspective.

By Denisse M

Oct 5, 2015

I love this course. History is my nemesis, but right now I hold my breath in every lecture and my mind winds up with thousands of questions! Thanks.

By Yu Q

Sep 14, 2020

I really feel comfortable taking this class! Learnt a lot and felt the strong intrinsic motivation to read more book!! Thank you Professor Zelikow!

By Marek S

Oct 6, 2017

Very fresh, comprehensive and compelling course. It was much more interesting to listen to professor Zelikow than learning about this at my school.

By Vanessa T W Q

Aug 21, 2019

Informative, engaging and amusing at times, terrific content!! Crash course to Modern history. I understand colonial and imperial rule better now.

By Christian W

Oct 24, 2016

Very nice global perspectives with focus on why and not what! Could be a little less material on America and more global, but still recommendable!

By Antonios K

May 26, 2016

Excellent Professor!!! Not the same old boring history course! Prof. Zelikow really digs into history and poses the fundamental question "Why?"

By Sean F

Nov 8, 2017

Offers an in depth look into our modern history and at many of the factors that got us to where we are today. Very compelling and interesting.

By María F n M

Oct 18, 2020

es un curso que nos lleva a travez de la historia de la humanidad y nos ayuda a dar una vista de adonde hemos llegado a traves de estos años

By Tavleen K B

Oct 6, 2018

Great Presentation Professor, You are a great historian and a wonderful story teller. I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Thank you so much.

By Janique M

Jan 5, 2017

I really enjoyed this course - although I wish the big weekly quizzes were available to everyone, not only those who purchased the course.

By Anna Z

Oct 6, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you. The professor is a great public speaker and very knowledgeable. I wish he was teaching another course.

By Sepand M B

Sep 7, 2016

Great course.

I only wish Coursera would offer history courses on major revolutions that shaped the world as well, i.e Russia, Iran...etc.

By Ramez T

Nov 16, 2018

Professor is clear and goes at a great pace. I like how he tackles the deeper things in history; ie, the how and why, not just the what.

By Cassandra C

Dec 9, 2015

I absolutely love this professor! He makes the topic and class as a whole extremely engaging! I would take any class he teaches any day!

By Thashreefa S C

Dec 2, 2020

This course is very informative. It helped me to prepare an outline about the history of modern world from 1760 to 1910. Thank you sir.

By Arpit

Jun 18, 2020

Great Course. I always wished to read World History. This gives details of the events and the reason behind them in much-required need.

By Roberto L

Jun 23, 2017

After doing this course I have a better picture of how the world we live in was formed, and what are the forces driving the human race.