Back to Moralities of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Moralities of Everyday Life by Yale University

How can we explain kindness and cruelty? Where does our sense of right and wrong come from? Why do people so often disagree about moral issues? This course explores the psychological foundations of our moral lives....

JE

Dec 19, 2017

Coming from undergraduate course Psychology, and with my paper about Generosity, this course has shared with me lessons that both strengthened and challenged my learnings on this topic of interest.

LK

Jan 13, 2018

Great teacher, eloquent and a good story teller. Very interesting material, current and classic. Good pace, and just the right amount of interactive questions and personal commenting opportunity.

1 - 25 of 181 Reviews for Moralities of Everyday Life

By

May 16, 2019

I really liked this course. It is somewhat hard for me to judge the level of difficulty since it has been my first course on the subject. Professor Bloom is an engaging professor with a nice sense of humor. The readings are interesting and the videos are pleasant to watch due to Professor Bloom's enthusiasm. Though if you have read the articles parts of the videos made me less able to focus due to the repitition of the matter. Maybe the videos might dig deeper into the subject instead of repeating the content of the articles.

There is one point of real critism, hence the 4 star rating, and that is;

Week 3 and 4 contain links to articles which won't open. Error 404.

By googling the titles of the article it is possible to find them. Though these are New York Times articles and if you don't have a subscription or a free articles left it is not possible to acces them.

There are quiz questions related to these articles and it might influence your score.

Other than this it has been an interesting course and pleasant to watch.

Lisette Woest-Appeldoorn (The Netherlands)

By reza

Sep 23, 2018

It is a helpful couse. This course helps to understand other people actions and reactions.

By Dhanada M

Sep 21, 2018

Excellent course. Would strongly recommend to any one with an interest to understand the ideas behind latest thinking on basic principles of Morality. Most interesting aspect is the application of such knowledge to day to day issues of current relevance ranging from rights of LGBT community to abortion or collateral damage in war. The instructor is an authority of his field and presents very difficult concepts in a very accessible manner. The course and the format has been designed to be very user-friendly. I am thoroughly enjoying the course.

By Foca S M

Jul 12, 2019

If you’re fascinated by matters of good & evil and right & wrong, this course is a wonderful way to continue your education. It's short, it’s illuminating, and it’s done by one of the most influential psychologists of our time. Besides the course itself, you have access to plenty of interesting articles, alongside some of the best TED talks out there. Its knowledge might have the power to make you a better human being.

By louis f d m p s

Jul 05, 2019

Magnificent ... but it would be good and you need to continue (Part II)

By Akanksha Y

Jun 19, 2019

This course not only adds to our knowledge of moralities of everyday lives but also enlightens us about the basic concept of morality and makes us question our beliefs and actions. I am extremely grateful to coursera and Paul Bloom for this. Sir, you are phenomenal.

By Kate

Jun 17, 2019

I loved this course. The only thing that could have made it better is if my husband would have had time to take it with me; as it was, we spent a lot of time talking about the reading and the content of the lectures. Imagine how much better it would have been if he had gotten the same material firsthand instead of through me as an intermediary. Unfortunately, that wasn't in the cards when I took it. The lecturer Paul Bloom was really fantastic. Really, really funny. I loved the readings, too. There was a decidedly liberal slant to this MOOC but hey, if you don't expect that from Yale, you're living under a rock. Bloom seemed to care about presenting an opposing viewpoint, even though it's not one he personally subscribed to.

By Dena H

May 27, 2019

WoWonderful course, I was very happy to be able to learn from here. Thank you

By Louise G A

May 13, 2019

Loved it!

By Shivam P

May 11, 2019

very good course

By Jordan W

May 05, 2019

Very informative, broad and well made. A great course for anyone.

By Garrison G

May 04, 2019

A little too much Dawkins for me.

By 星空的目光

Apr 27, 2019

very good!

By Eme R

Apr 20, 2019

Thanks a LOT !

By Eva A C

Apr 08, 2019

I've just completed week one. I really have to say, this course is SO accessible. I have a chronic mental deficiency (schizophrenia) that prevents me from understanding a lot of lectures (in speech form). This course provides (almost) accurate transcriptions of the lectures. Then you can highlight and save your notes straight from the course. TED Talks also provides a similar transcription section, which this course heavily relies on for me.

Paul Bloom is incredibly knowledgeable, not just in his field but in making sure EVERYONE has the ability to understand his lectures. I am very pleased with this course. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to learn in such an accessible way. Thank you.

By Concepcion P S

Apr 06, 2019

I think that it is very useful course. I would like other courses about some of the topic this course has studied but deeper

By Francois C

Apr 01, 2019

Professor Bloom is an engaging lecturer speaking on an interesting topic about which he has much knowledge. One can't go wrong with these lectures.

By Akshay M

Mar 29, 2019

awasome

By Зайнутдинов Б Р

Mar 28, 2019

Очень хороший. Для профессиональной работы не достаточно глубокий.

By Mo S k

Mar 25, 2019

thnk ypu

By 王云飞

Mar 23, 2019

good

By Ishita M

Mar 18, 2019

very informative

By Vandana G

Mar 18, 2019

Beautifully designed by the team and presented by Professor Paul Bloom with great clarity and grace.

The experience was very enriching.It has made me correcting my behaviour and am able to understand other’s with more clarity and empathy ( I know my professor is not fond of empathy)that too at the (stubborn) age of 61.

Looking forward to more courses by Professor Bloom.

By Bhupendra S R

Mar 14, 2019

i like this type of quizes

By Ajit S G