Back to Moralities of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Moralities of Everyday Life by Yale University

How can we explain kindness and cruelty? Where does our sense of right and wrong come from? Why do people so often disagree about moral issues? This course explores the psychological foundations of our moral lives....

RJ
Mar 12, 2021

Professor Bloom is knowledgeable, fair, and often humorous without disrupting the quality of the lectures. The use of examples and mixture of teaching media were great. I highly recommend this course.

AS
Jun 7, 2020

It was very informational and challenging in ones' own personal belief, thoughts, and ethical values. I would love to take a follow-up on additional courses. And Professor Bloom was very informative.

51 - 75 of 667 Reviews for Moralities of Everyday Life

By Ebony R

Apr 2, 2018

I have started quite a few courses on Coursera over the years but this is the first course that I have completed. I found the lectures to be engaging and thought-provoking and the outside readings to all be very interesting and applicable to what we're studying that week. The course felt well thought out and was put together nicely. I'm definitely interested in continuing with philosophy in general. This was a great start!

By Foca S M

Jul 12, 2019

If you’re fascinated by matters of good & evil and right & wrong, this course is a wonderful way to continue your education. It's short, it’s illuminating, and it’s done by one of the most influential psychologists of our time. Besides the course itself, you have access to plenty of interesting articles, alongside some of the best TED talks out there. Its knowledge might have the power to make you a better human being.

By Ebru C

Really good class. Professor Bloom has a lot of knowledge. It's 6 weeks and there is 1 quiz at the end of every week which is fair. I would suggest it to anyone who loves to learn about morals, facts, rights and wrong, philosophy, mostly. The professor is trying his best to bring the best human out of you as possible. I wish more people would get into this class and learn to make the world a better place.

By Gabriel W

Oct 16, 2020

Taking Prof Bloom's Introduction to Psychology course prepared me for this course. it was easily understandable, well taught and supported with reading materials including Prof Blooms own book 'Just Babies'. The course ultimately depends on your world view and what i personally learnt was the need to understand and not criticize an opposing view or a foreign one. very intellectually stimulating .

By Dax M

Jul 9, 2020

Fantastic course, well taught with a great variety of examples and, as you might imagine, very thought provoking. Paul Bloom is a very 'mellow' presenter but that's a good thing for this program as it means his personal opinions don't create too much influence in areas designed to help one come to their own conclusions and make their own observation. I enjoyed this course very much!

By Diego B

Jun 9, 2020

I feel this course is a prefect introduction to the subject. It provides lots of different view points and materials.

I must say that professor Bloom is an excellent teacher, the lessons felt authentic and very clear. He certainly was able to express complex ideas in simple terms.

This course has allowed me to reflect on my own morality and all the factors that influences it.

By Erika L

Jul 23, 2021

This course was absolutely phenomenal. I highly recommend it to EVERYONE. However, only take it if you have the time to commit to it. It is very intense. There is a lot of heavy reading. The content was not only interesting but backed up by scientific studies. I learned a lot, and actually believe to be more open-minded now than I already was. Great job on this course.

By Beste Ö

Sep 23, 2020

This is the first course that I took from Professor Bloom and I really enjoyed it. I am an engineering student and have never taken a course involving Psychology but still, there is nothing that I could not understand or have troubles with in the course. I strongly reccomend MoEL to those of you who even have a little interest in the area- I am sure you will like it!

By BINABAY, J O

Sep 8, 2020

It has been a really great experience, from the first week until the last. This course has really offered what it promised. I cannot deny the fact that most of his discussions truly made sense. They were all worth knowing as it allows you to reflect and weigh whether you would agree or disagree with Professor Bloom. Thank you for letting me know something new.

By Maria R

Feb 27, 2021

It has been one of the most satisfactory courses I have had in Coursera, and I had several.

Professor Bloom knowledge and great experience is shown with a great hability teaching, and Professor Starman is a complement for the Office Hours that were a real plus. I liked not having peer review activities. I did not wanted to end. Thank you

By Ipek E

Dec 26, 2020

As someone who was already interested in the subject material, this course only made me more interested! The professor is highly knowledgeable and engaging. I really appreciated the Office Hours as an extension of the lectures. If you are intrigued by morality in any capacity, I would recommend this course in a heartbeat!

By Lilya N B

Aug 18, 2020

It is the second course I take from Bloom, P and it's the second time I'm mind-blown. This course is so so fascinating, the reading are utterly gripping and the material is of absolute quality. I totally suggest this course if you want to find out why people act the way they do and debate about thought-provoking subjects.

By Ahtisham A

Aug 5, 2020

I have taken many other courses in this field but the way this course has been designed, it's an absolute delight. Professor Bloom was an excellent teacher and guide, inculcating his enormous knowledge with so much ease and freshness. This course has changed my views, my perspective, and my vision (one hundred per cent).

By Renee K

Oct 21, 2020

I've enjoyed the course and the issues discussed on the moralities of everyday life that we all live and the lectures that we're represented by the professor and discussed.

Thank You, Professor Paul Bloom and Christina Stamina for the detailed course would highly recommend if you're also interested in Moral psychology.

By Charu M

Jul 29, 2020

Highly recommend this course for everyone. It gives great insight into human morality from various angles and I felt that it helped me be more critical of my own way of thinking.

I would also like to add that is course is well structured, with relevant quizes and reading material and a very engaging instructor.

By james c

Mar 11, 2021

Professor Bloom is an absolute genius! Ive learned more from him than any other professor in my 12 years of study as a Ph.D in religion. The best thing about Blomm is his ability to capture the listener and never let go. Take this and any course he has to offer as it will enhance your life on many levels.

By Claudia P W T

Nov 15, 2020

It is a well thought out course in its structure, entertaining and well founded. I had to order the book "Just babies" abroad (I live in Chile) but I finished the course and the book has not yet been received :(

but when I have it with me I will have material to continue deepening. Thanks a lot

By Chris

Jun 19, 2020

Fascinating overview of moral philosophy and psychology. Great readings and talks linked throughout! Explores the basics of consequentialism and deontology, introduces the five foundations of morality, and gets you thinking about the interplay between biology, the environment, and reason.

By Cindi A

Jul 30, 2020

Challenging and very inclusive in terms of topics covered, such as the role of genetics and neurological states on our moral reasoning and sense of free will. The material is engaging, and taught with humour and appropriate open-mindedness. I'd take another course of Prof. Bloom anytime.

By MD. A M

Jun 12, 2020

A fascinating and insightful course. This course certainly had an strong impact on my view of different views around the world regarding morality and related matters. Thanks to Paul Bloom and others for putting this course together. I am very much looking forward to the next session.

By Erwin G F H

Jul 28, 2020

Exceptional course, with just a few technical issues/flaws that could be easily corrected (a few broken links, etc).

The Reading Assignments are all interesting, as are all the classes. All in all, an amazing introductory trip intro Moral Psychology that will leave you wanting more.

By Daryl J

I very much enjoyed this course. The format was a nice mix of lectures, videos and reading material and the information and concepts presented were fascinating. The lectures were especially enjoyable.

I'm hoping that, at some point, Professor Bloom will present a follow-up course.

By Fala J

Jul 18, 2017

I truly enjoyed this course. An eyeopener on how to view morality and how to reflect it on different matters of your daily life. It takes a play on your judgement and critical thinking. Professor Bloom delivered the material really well. Its been awhile since I enjoyed a course.

By George F

Jun 30, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the content and delivery of this excellent course. I have been introduced to several key thinkers and am looking forward to reading the various books I have bought on Amazon to supplement my knowledge and understanding. Thank you Coursera and Prof. Bloom!

By Felipe S A

Me encanto. Entre buscando respuesta acerca de que puede considerarse moralmente correcto , y el estudio del curso afirmo mi creencia de que lo que puede llegar a considerarse moralmente correcto en una sociedad es muy relativo y puede depender de una amplia gama de factores.