Back to Moralities of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Moralities of Everyday Life by Yale University

How can we explain kindness and cruelty? Where does our sense of right and wrong come from? Why do people so often disagree about moral issues? This course explores the psychological foundations of our moral lives....

RJ
Mar 12, 2021

Professor Bloom is knowledgeable, fair, and often humorous without disrupting the quality of the lectures. The use of examples and mixture of teaching media were great. I highly recommend this course.

AS
Jun 7, 2020

It was very informational and challenging in ones' own personal belief, thoughts, and ethical values. I would love to take a follow-up on additional courses. And Professor Bloom was very informative.

101 - 125 of 644 Reviews for Moralities of Everyday Life

By 杨建文

Feb 11, 2018

I appreciate the way Prof. Bloom present ideas: objectively teach students both sides, and let we think about the big questions ourselves, in my opinion this is valuable for psychology ---- such a subtle and complex subject.

By Svitlana S

Aug 9, 2016

It's the best course I've ever taken! This is what every educated person with a college or university diploma should know and this information partially should be obligatory in junior and senior years in high schools.

By Paul M

Oct 4, 2020

Professor Bloom is informative, engaging and entertaining, making what could be complicated and controversial subject matter understandable and accessible. While he clearly has viewpoints his approach is objective.

By Bianca B

Aug 27, 2018

i can say that this course really helped me a lot. i am in 12th grade and i want to study psychology. i was not sure about it until i started this course. it is really useful and i recommend it with all my heart

By Cindy W

Jun 28, 2020

Very interesting and made me think. I was certain I felt a certain way about things. Seeing some things discussed showed me that I'm not as educated about my morality as I thought. A very interesting course.

By Tanja A

Aug 13, 2018

Very interesting course with a very good teacher!

The teacher has a lot of humor and uses different approaches to bring the contents across. I had a lot of fun and understand human behavior much better now.

By Renee M

Jun 28, 2020

Excellent!! Paul Bloom is a great professor, his lectures are interesting and entertaining. Readings and additional materials were excellent too. This is my first course in Coursera and I am very happy.

By Catherine H

Jun 29, 2018

A wonderful and comprehensive course! I'd recommend this to anyone who is interested in exploring the realms of Moral Philosophy and Psychology. Really enjoyed the lectures and material--bravo, Paul Bloom!

By Nesma D

Jun 17, 2020

Such an amazing course, the topics are very interesting and the professor's approach and ways of lecturing is really nice, Thank you for your efforts to make this course available world wide to everyone.

By Morgane W

Sep 20, 2016

I finished watching all the lectures in a weeks time. I was truly hooked to the subject. Paul Bloom is an excellent professor and his books are well written and intereting. I truly recommend this course.

By Shruthi N

Apr 29, 2020

I enjoyed the course and topics. This is my first course in philosophy/psychology. I found it riveting. The professor delivered his ideas well and the reading material was excellent. Thank you so much.

By Robert J C J

Mar 13, 2021

By Kevin D

Jul 30, 2020

This is an amazing course, it is filled with arguments that will make you to think about yourself and will give you moral insights. This course can change your perspective towards morality and life.

By R J I V 8

he did his best and i have learnt things that i never imagined to learn in my whole life. this morality is going to help me face situations in my life with justice, need, truth and loyalty

By Christian R

Mar 30, 2020

Hi team, I wanted to thank you all here for the very interesting and informative course. I wish you all the best for your future. Keep up the good work!

With kind regards from Germany

Chris

By Kathy

Jun 7, 2017

A really wonderful course taught by a knowledgable professor. The pace of the course is just alright with sometimes questions inside the video to keep you engaged. An awesome experience!

By Guillermo A C M

Jul 7, 2020

Excellent content, the professor was engaging and very clear, the concepts were clear and easy to understand. No doubt to say this course really fulfilled everyone of my expectations.

By paola c

May 16, 2020

Excellent, I really appreciate all the information that is given, the organization of the course, the responses to questions in the forum and the excellent presentation of the topics

By nisha b

May 5, 2020

I am grateful to have come across this amazing course. Mr Paul is an amazing instructor and his lectures seem quite informative and useful. Looking forward to the entire course.

By Kelley U

Oct 29, 2019

Bloom is an engaging speaker with a clear passion for the material he is presenting. I have enjoyed taking this class and sharing some of the topics with my friends and family.

By Rommel P

Jul 25, 2016

The course is accessible even for those of us who had limited background in philosophy and psychology. I think if enough people take this, it can help produce a better society.

By Bilyana R

Jun 2, 2020

One of the best courses I have taken! It was interesting, thought provoking and fun. The information was easy to understand and the professor was engaging. I highly recommend!

By Luis M

Jan 8, 2018

Excellent Course! It made me think about everyday situations in a completely new way and, in some cases, it made me understand and explain my reactions. I strongly recommend.

By Priscilla A d S

Jun 29, 2017

extremamente útil, aprendi muito com o curso e também me proporcionou ótimas referências e com um excelente professor.Comprei o livro que complementa o curso recomendo muito.

By Raghvi T

May 2, 2020

As someone new to the subject of psychology, this course gave me an immaculate amount of knowledge that will hopefully help me complete my IBDP course with ease! Thank you.