Back to Moralities of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Moralities of Everyday Life by Yale University

How can we explain kindness and cruelty? Where does our sense of right and wrong come from? Why do people so often disagree about moral issues? This course explores the psychological foundations of our moral lives....

RJ
Mar 12, 2021

Professor Bloom is knowledgeable, fair, and often humorous without disrupting the quality of the lectures. The use of examples and mixture of teaching media were great. I highly recommend this course.

AS
Jun 7, 2020

It was very informational and challenging in ones' own personal belief, thoughts, and ethical values. I would love to take a follow-up on additional courses. And Professor Bloom was very informative.

551 - 575 of 651 Reviews for Moralities of Everyday Life

By Likith

Good

By CHEJERLA O R

good

By VADDIREDDY V R

Good

By KORUKONDA A

By Potu s

May 23, 2020

good

By Katwal a

May 23, 2020

Good

By LAKSHMI E S S J

May 22, 2020

Good

By GUGGULLA S S R

May 22, 2020

By P.KAVYA R C 1 V C

Good

By CH G R

By VISHWAJEET C

good

By Kore L

Good

By JONNAKUTI P

Good

By Ravindra b

Good

By 王云飞

Mar 23, 2019

good

By PASUPULETI S D

Gud

Jul 12, 2020

Ok

By Diane K

May 3, 2020

I found this course very informative and felt Paul Bloom was fantastic at explaining the meaning and ideas around different topics. Excellent tutoring!

The only downfalls i had were that this was aimed more at an American population. I was not too clued up on the American political parties; and Living in New Zealand, there was one guest video that was restricted. I also was not able to access a few of the readings but regardless of this i found the course really interesting and it had me questioning my own lifestyle, particularly with this covid 19 pandemic at the moment and the effects it may have on the not so developed countries. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this course.

By Dhanada M

Sep 21, 2018

Excellent course. Would strongly recommend to any one with an interest to understand the ideas behind latest thinking on basic principles of Morality. Most interesting aspect is the application of such knowledge to day to day issues of current relevance ranging from rights of LGBT community to abortion or collateral damage in war. The instructor is an authority of his field and presents very difficult concepts in a very accessible manner. The course and the format has been designed to be very user-friendly. I am thoroughly enjoying the course.

By Haran S

Nov 2, 2020

Good breadth of topics (touching on psychology, philosophy, neuroscience and anthropology) and quality of video lectures is excellent. Professor Paul Bloom is an extremely engaging speaker. My suggested improvements would be to increase the number and frequency of in-lecture questions - the videos are quite long (e.g. 25 mins) and my millenial attention span has been addled by decades of smartphone and internet use - and make the questions more challenging (i.e. based on understanding of the topic rather then based on simple memory recall).

By Sergio M

Dec 24, 2016

The course was very well organised, setting good example of the standards Yale University presents.

Paul Bloom did an excellent job with every lecture; My focus was never lost.

The only improvements I can think of, which is why the fifth star was not given, are: proper maintenance of links for the required reads (two of them did not work for me) and maybe include more questions throughout the lecture (add a greater sense of interaction with the lecturer).

By kshitij b

Jul 9, 2018

A great course . Had me into thinking about various things we as humans do . The videos were explained dilligently and i appreciate all the hard work these guys put and to bring out special clips was remarkable . the only reason for me to give it 1 star less was that they just superficially touched some of the main point i was looking forward to understand for eg the role of religion in moral values, etc..