Back to More Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for More Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

This is an advanced course for Chinese for beginners. Learners will expand vocabularies about personal information, daily life, food and drink, healthy, and expressions about greeting, suggestion, agreement, comparison, complaint, prohibition, experience, plan, recommendation, etc. Learners can improve their listening and speaking and know much more about Chinese social cultures. As the same as Chinese for beginners, the course doesn’t ask the learners to know Chinese characters. Recommended Background: For learners with certain English language ability and better have attended Chinese for beginners....

SG
Jun 26, 2016

Great course, I enjoyed learning Chinese in this method.\n\nThe videos were straightforward. The pronunciation was clear enough to understand without and difficultly. I would recommend this course.

NW
Sep 11, 2021

This course was great to complete! I really enjoyed it and have learned a lot these past weeks! Thanks to the teacher and all the people involved in creating this learning opportunity!!

26 - 50 of 273 Reviews for More Chinese for Beginners

By Hamid H

May 7, 2018

Respected Laoshi, First of all i am very thank ful to you and the whole Coursera team who is doing great job. I find this course a very helpful . The things i learned in this course is greetings with someone and the basic daily life communication. I suggest this course should be taken by all beginners. Looking forward for more courses like this.

Thank you once again. ( Wo hen kai xin xuexi hanyu gen nin)

By GUILLERMO E P L

Sep 3, 2020

Un curso bien didáctico y explicativo para aprender aspectos básicos del lenguaje Chino, asi como sus expresiones, y usos en distintos tipos de situaciones, y acompañado de aspectos culturales que hacen muy interesante el aprendizaje y conocimento del idioma. Ideal para los que tomaron el curso Chinese for Beginners 1. y desean profundizar un poco mas, dentro del nivel principiante.

By Michael J C

Feb 1, 2017

This is an excellent introduction to Chinese language and grammar. I think it could have some introduction to written Chinese because Pinyin is not so common. I struggled with some of the quizzes where written answers were given, even when my answers were correct some quizzes required stops (.) others didn't. Apart from that it was excellent.

By Tram B N

May 8, 2019

The teacher is so energy and teach so awesome. She's also gorgeous, as you know. The content and videos are so good, high quality. I think all of you spend a lot of time to make these useful videos. Thank in advance! I hope you will have more and more perfect Chinese classes in the future.

By Huyen N N

Apr 21, 2020

Amazing course with a brilliant instructor and practical content. There is a wide range of conversational topics that are highly applicable to everyday situations. You should definitely learn this after "Chinese for Beginners". Thank you very much for a helpful course!

By Chutikarn N

May 15, 2020

I like this course so much, I think it is very interesting and beneficial for students who are finding the institute for learning Chinese. Among this situation, it helps students a lot. If I have a chance, I will enroll in the next course certainly. Thank you so much.

By Graziele R

Apr 6, 2018

This course was amazing, I learned a lot about the culture and the language. So I hope a day having the opportunity to go to China, meanly in Beijing and I''ll enjoy learn more and to have the pleasure in having a conversation with Professor Xiaoyu Liu.

By Fiorella C

Mar 14, 2017

Would be even better if hanzi is included through conversations and lessons. It helps more to remember the meaning of words. Also the quizzes should be longer and more difficult to practice more the vocab and grammar. Overall, great course! very useful.

By Celine G V

Jan 19, 2020

I love how there are detailed explanations on the Chinese grammar.

I find it really helpful because even though I've already learnt most of the basics but I'm still struggling with Chinese grammar.

Thank you. I really enjoy learning with this course.

By KONGKRIT S

Jul 14, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind. I promise that I will practice and improve myself continually and thank you Coursera staffs, Peking University and also Ms. Xiaoyu Liu. I am really appreciated and I will always remember the Chinese online learning.

By ashley s

Oct 28, 2021

Thank you Professor Xiaoyu Liu this is the second course of mandarin I take with you. You have helped me in my journey to mandarin language learning. During the course you will learn a lot, just stay focused and love language learning.

By Valeryia N

Apr 12, 2020

I really like the course. It gives insights into the culture, which you can hardly find out on your own. Some grammar and vocabulary have been presented in an easy to comprehend way. I recommend the course to other students.

By Eduardo A

Oct 16, 2019

Curso bem legal, bom continuação pra quem já fez o Chinese for Beginners, ajudou a aprender um pouco mais de gramática, vocabulário, expressões básicas usadas em situações comuns, sempre de um jeito prático e leve.

By Kaung M T

Sep 5, 2021

Thank you Peking University for offering this course in free enrollment. I enjoyed learning Chinese through this course. This course provided bite-sized lecture videos and mini quizzes. It really help me a lot.

By Jack H

May 17, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I was my second course with the same instructor, Xiaoyu Liu. She has a very pleasant personality, obviously enjoys teaching, and she moves the course along at a very good pace.

By Waqar A K

May 4, 2017

I specially thank once again, the course instructor Associate Professor Xiaoyu Liu, the Peiking University and the Coursera Team for providing such a good course for free.

Xie xie nin! Xiaoyu Liu lao shi

By Aramis F

Oct 11, 2016

If you have completed the Chinese for Beginners, first part, then this is a continuation for your Mandaring learning journey. Again, excelent videos will help you lear speak and write some characters.

By Lorena F

Sep 11, 2020

After this course, I feel more open to hear a lot of new words and sometimes distinguish them in, let say, songs and tv shows. I'm glad u guys made this awesome course online for free. 都谢!

By Nadine W

Sep 12, 2021

T​his course was great to complete! I really enjoyed it and have learned a lot these past weeks! Thanks to the teacher and all the people involved in creating this learning opportunity!!

By Cristhian R

Aug 4, 2019

This one is the best course that I've taken to learning Chinese that's so amazing and I amused because this helped me a lo to improve my listening and speaking skills. I'm so grateful

By Thành L H

Oct 10, 2021

the lecture is very useful and attractive. Helped me get more vocabulary and discover more about Chinese culture. You are doing well the advertisement for your country. Thank you !

By Allan G

Nov 19, 2021

It is unbelievable how much all my skills have upleveled since I started studying chinese.. I feel wiser about everything in life.. it is indeed worth of every second.

By Max U

Oct 1, 2016

The course is great, but the biggest problem is that tests are quite simple and there are no general tests every week and final test for the whole course.

By Sakunrat N

Jul 9, 2020

This course easy to understand and suitable for people who learn Chinese for beginner before.

The course is cover all the conversations in daily life.

Sep 22, 2016

Thank you very much for the chance to learn language in your course! I have found a lot of interesting information about traditions of China. :)