Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD
Jun 20, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN
Jun 24, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

101 - 125 of 826 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By Kyle H

Apr 21, 2020

Very good content on motivation factors and effective feedback. Good video instructions and tips that help you to be a better motivator at the workplace. I learned a lot and thanks very much for putting this together.

By Benjamín C Z

Jul 7, 2019

Very good course, professors and material. The course was very interesting for me and help me to understand many concept related to team work, how to motivate my team work, the role and types of rewards at job, etc.

By Anju S

Sep 9, 2019

I am still in the process of completing this course.

But want to put it on record -My appreciation for the course material, it's presntation etc.

Hope I complete this in time to be able to get certified.

Regards

Anju

By Mohammed A

Oct 20, 2020

This course was very helpful and give me more insight into how to be a successful manager. I do believe applying what was in this course will be helping a lot in any organization from a managerial perspective.

By Brent W

Jun 3, 2016

I took this course as part of the Specialization. I wish I could put all the directors, VPs, and EVPs through this specialization. The tools, case studies, and resources alone make it worth the time and money.

By Derya S K

Apr 7, 2017

This course is really informative for those whose purpose is to improve themselves in leadership field. The speakers are clear at their points, and the course materials are comprehensive for the new learners.

By Srinivas M

Sep 1, 2020

Interesting data on how to maximize on recognition and rewards. For me

Variable Schedule Reinforcement technique was a revelation.

I was not aware non-verbals can make such an impact.

By Brody S

Nov 16, 2020

This is a great course to take for all levels of seniority. The material is familiar, but the way it is taught gives new perspective. I found the weekly content to be very applicable in my day to day role.

By Thorsten N

Oct 4, 2017

Very good introduction of how to motivate people.

Talking with demotivated people showed a high correlation to companies which do not implement the methods discussed in this course.

Keep-up-the-good-work ;)

By CARLOS G G M

Dec 7, 2019

El aprendizaje en formación blanda es clave en estas epocas, los cursos que ofrece la Universidad de Michigan sobre este tipo de formación son geniales, excelentes profesores y metodología de aprendizaje

By Vijay K S

Aug 14, 2020

Well explained with great materials being shared.. i enjoyed learning a lot of things from this course.. i thank all my mentor in this course and my peer reviewers for all their valuable time :) -Vijay

By Amy T Z

Feb 24, 2020

This course was exactly what I needed! I work as an art director that manages projects and creative talent that can be very sensitive. This course will help me to manage expectations and personalities.

By Neetu P

Aug 19, 2019

An extremely powerful learning platform.this was believable Experience that how impeccably Professors make you believe that they are live in front of you & its like a classroom.Highly recommended !!!!!

By Luis V

Nov 9, 2020

This is a truly amazing and insightful course if you are planning to lead a team that actually wants to follow your lead, instead of simply following your managerial instructions.

Highly recommend it!

By Heena M

Sep 21, 2020

This was first course on Coursera and I am so happy after completing it, there was so much to learn. Both the instructors are simply great. I never thought, I will enjoy online learning so much.

By arun d

Oct 24, 2020

One of the best course, I gives ample of opportunity to learn and understand how not to mismanage employees! Get a vision that is vital for the business and helps on critical decision making.

By Steven S

Aug 28, 2018

Excellent instructors with great video references. Lectures have strong content that is readily applicable and useful in my organization today. It is a great leadership development course.

By Gloriane G M

Aug 9, 2018

A very useful course. Mr. Scott and Mr. Maxim were great instructors. The lessons were easy to understand and I have learned a lot. Would definitely recommend this course and specialization.

By JAYATI M

It was such a wonderful journey that I went through while doing this course. I am blessed to have such inspiring mentors who led me from one important fact to another in the most lucid way.

By Hugo E T C

Oct 15, 2015

Excellent opportunity to learn and see practical examples on how to improve management, leadership, and to understand motivators and ways to improve the dedication and motivation of teams.

By Venkatesh N

Jun 14, 2020

This is one of the best courses that I have seen so far. Every lecture is interesting and the way of teaching is another level. This course will help everyone to develop a personality.

By Santosh G

Jun 20, 2020

this course is very useful for team leader also this course learn about inspiring and motivating others, how to set SMART goals, equity and how to create development plan for our team

By Harikumar K

Jul 28, 2019

This Course is really useful and have thrown insights into my thought process and will of-course bring in a new and confident approach towards executing my duties and responsibilities

By Sanghamitra B

Jul 6, 2017

I would recommend the course to everyone, because I feel this is useful in work and personal life both. The trainers were too good. I love to revisit the course to brush up my skills

By Robert M

Jan 21, 2016

Very relevant and without a lot of unnecessary information. Found the segment topics and lectures easily understandable and immediately applicable to my current work.

Two thumbs up!