Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD
Jun 20, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN
Jun 24, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

151 - 175 of 865 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By Boney M

Jan 19, 2016

very good course, was a great starting point as new manager.

the course is based on great concepts, studies, examples and of course great teachers. Highly recommended.

By Oleksandr D

Jul 9, 2019

This 1st course, as an intro course (sort of) to the bigger master course, has been a great experience so far.

I'm looking forward to learning through the next one.

By Shk Y N

Oct 14, 2020

Amazing course. Amazing instructors. Amazing content. Amazon online platform. Amazing presentation. Enjoyed and learnt a lot from this course. Thank you very much.

By Tania L M R

Sep 23, 2020

Excellent Course. The Instructor really motivate and grasp your attention in each video! Fully Recommended. I know this Course will help me with my team and peers.

By Kübra B Ç

Nov 25, 2020

It was really helpful. It is easy to understand for non-native speakers. I got so much information. Thank you all people who helped to create this amazing course.

By Kshitij C

Sep 27, 2019

Coursera allows you to learn the subject at your own pace from where ever you are. It gives good flexibility to the learner. Also easily available on mobile app.

By Reena S

May 16, 2016

I really liked the design of the course, the examples quoted and the clarity with which the course is delivered.

Thank you for such a wonderful learning experience

By Juan J D D M

Feb 17, 2016

Excelente Curso. Todo el contenido es de actualidad y aplicable. No son conceptos genericos gastados; son conceptos innovadores y diferentes a lo que uno conoce

By Sunita D

Apr 5, 2020

Amazing course, great learning, suggesting highly for all people who are working at any level in organisation specially supervisors, administrators and leaders

By ARVIND M

Jul 12, 2017

The course content was structured very well. The delivery style of the content was exceptional. Anyone who wants to become a good leader must take this course.

By Victor T

Dec 15, 2020

Gostei e recomendo o curso. É claro e direto, com técnicas e visões que podem ser implementadas diretamente na empresa se você exerce um papel de liderança.

By Samir P

Jun 27, 2019

Very informative and interesting points that were great to learn about. Only negative, some of the coursework instructions could have been better written.

By Rogier d B

May 6, 2018

Really liked this course as introduction to the leadership course. Overall it was a great course and I learned a great deal. Really recommend it to anyone!

By Miguel C

Jun 17, 2020

This course teaches you how to inspire and Motivate individuals by inspiring and motivating you to reach your professional goals and personal development.

By Jose A A S

Oct 5, 2020

Great course, very useful things you can learn not only for your team, also for your personal life, how people are motivated and how can we improve this.

By Alamin H (

May 3, 2020

Well organized course, I learned various was ways to inspire people. I liked the way instructor teaches how to set Smart goal for a team or organization.

By KSW

Nov 24, 2017

I learned a lot from the class. I have heard about the SMART guideline and this class gives me a much better understand of it. Definitely recommend it.

By Roberto Z

Feb 20, 2018

A very useful course to get started in people management.

What people cares, how to reward what you care...

basic, still never known well enough stuff.

By FURSIK N

Nov 9, 2020

Very interesting course. Good lecturers, well-chosen material. If you want to improve your knowledge in motivation and inspiration, then you are here

By Dr. B A R

Jul 25, 2020

The course was excellent and I enjoy every bit of it. The syllabus was very flexible and organized well with the awesome professors to deliver to me.

By Mauricio R

Jun 11, 2017

This course has giving me lots of tools on spring people, material was excellent and waiting to see more on the other courses coming.

Regards

Mauricio

By Krishnendu P

Jul 10, 2020

One of the best course attended till now now. Fabulous course content and very effective for everyone. Nicely delivered by the Instructor. Loved it.

By David K

Apr 15, 2018

This course contains what I believe is very concise information that is presented in a well organized manner. I have personally got a lot out of it.

By Ahmed E

Dec 13, 2015

it is a great course. it gave me good understanding of how to motivate others and how to use the available tools to get the maximum outcomes of them

By Jake W

Mar 1, 2020

Very informative course. Provokes critical thinking and measures my current way of management. I have adopted new techniques in ,my day to day mana