Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD

Jun 21, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN

Jun 25, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

276 - 300 of 800 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By Shameka S

Apr 23, 2020

Learned a lot of helpful information to become a better teacher to my students and to my peers.

By Faisal O M A

May 20, 2017

excellent course, a huge value has been added to my knowledge, skills,even my English language.

By Lakshmi R

Oct 12, 2015

Really enjoyed this course! Learned quite a few principles that I would be applying in my work.

By Diego G T

Jun 12, 2020

100% effective, very helpful and design to have not only the theory, ready to put in practice.

By Marko K

Sep 25, 2016

Eye-opening and truly inspiring course with lots of solutions for anyone who is a team leader.

By Vikas B

May 17, 2016

Well structured and brings out nuances of motivating individuals in a team or an organization!

By Luiz G M A

Dec 11, 2017

Um dos melhores que ja fiz. Maior conteudo e muitas informacoes e bases em pesquisas recentes

By Timokleia K

Jan 15, 2016

very inspiring and motivating. It gave a lot of knowledge and I will go on with their courses

By Luiz C D J

Jan 03, 2016

Muito bom, muitas informações, com certeza um dos melhores cursos que já fiz aqui no coursera

By Ionut O

Oct 26, 2020

Super... The evidence suggests that most employees around the world are not engaged at work.

By Brenda R R O

Jul 15, 2020

Excellent curse, I find it simple to learn and very good and smooth. I really happy with it.

By Thiago B d O

Apr 11, 2019

A very well thought course deeply based on research. It will surely change the way you lead.

By Irfan R

Mar 24, 2019

Very informative course, trainers communicated the topic really well and used great examples

By Salaj J

Mar 28, 2019

Fantastic Course, learned new things, which will be beneficial to develop new competencies.

By Dean P

Sep 28, 2018

Exceptional. Great instructors, great structure and very useful lessons to apply instantly.

By Ivan R

Sep 24, 2018

Very positive course with interesting examples and funny videos. I have enjoyed its taking!

By Santosh K S

Feb 07, 2016

A must course for anyone working with and managing teams. The professors are simply great!

By Payal C

Aug 20, 2020

Great course with proper understanding of inspiration vs. motivation, with great examples!

By Adriano A d S

Jul 31, 2020

It was a great course that gave me a vision of leadership and motivation with my work team

By Dahale S B

May 08, 2020

This was my first time taking a course in this format and it far exceeded my expectations.

By Mónica T K

Oct 14, 2019

Excelente curso, muy claro, conciso y con tips muy aplicables. Fue sumamente enriquecedor.

By Pratik P

Aug 31, 2020

Faculties are best in class. I will recommend this course to my nearest and dearest ones.

By Charmayne G

Aug 23, 2019

The lectures are applicable to my work. Highly recommend it to people working with teams.

By Leila V S

Aug 05, 2017

This is a fantastic course! It´s really helping me to improve my skills as a Team Leader.

By Muhammad M

Jul 11, 2020

It was an amazing opportunity for me. I've learned a lot and looking forward to do more.