Back to Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Learn and practice the basic principles of running an effective music ensemble rehearsal. Techniques and strategies are applicable to a variety of ensembles, including bands, orchestras, choirs, and chamber groups....

Sep 11, 2017

This was an interesting and very useful course. Directors responsible for rehearsing ensembles will enjoy learning techniques, and even experienced conductors will benefit from revision and sharing.

TB

Aug 28, 2015

This is a great course and also flexible to needs of students. If you get behind, the course is built to help you get back on track. I find this extremely helpful with a busy and irregular schedule.

76 - 86 of 86 Reviews for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

By Esteban d J R J

Sep 03, 2016

The course contents are great!

But is such a big subject for a single course. This should be a specialisation.

By Robyn J

Jun 15, 2017

This course was absolutely fantastic. I'm not a conductor but I am a professional musician and instructor in higher ed. The skills I learned in this course will help me teach my students (private lessons) how to be better performers and also stronger leaders when they're working with an accompanist. And, as I play in both professional and avocational ensembles, having all of the tools of this course help me to be the best performer that I can be. The only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars is because I feel that there is too much coursework per week. The videos all had helpful insights and information but there were too many; I think this course would be more manageable in an 8- or 10-week format.

By Chng H

Sep 27, 2015

Very comprehensive.

By Linda t B

Jul 15, 2016

Mr. Evan Feldman explains and shows the technical asspects on a very pleasant way. The conversations with a choir conductor and an orchestral conductor gives also insights in specific ways of conducting different groups of musicians.

By Ramon d S M

Jun 24, 2018

It is an informative course. The audio quality of some videos could be better.

By Marian F

May 01, 2017

Very good teacher! Since I am a choral conductor, I specially appreciated the interviews and advies from the choral conductor. Picked up quite a few points! i was surprised to learn that Dr. Feldman let his players sing their parts.

I will definitely recommend this course.

By Scott M

Jul 15, 2017

Very informative and well put-together. You should do it if in need of some CPD refresh. One thing that could be improved would be the fact that some videos are duplicated and you watch them a couple of times. All in all, very pleased.

By Sonia C G

Apr 17, 2016

Very interesting

By Rachel S

Mar 22, 2016

This is an interesting course but I'm disappointed at the lack of female lecturers/interviews. I'm a female and would appreciate leadership/encouragement via role models from educators in this traditionally male-dominated field.

By Jonathan G

Feb 15, 2018

decent course. I learned a lot however, the attitudes of the instructors were somewhat condescending and seemed a little too "Ivy League" for my taste. Conducting an music is not something for the rich, it's for people all walks of life and all classes