Back to Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills by University of Michigan

We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement. I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation: (1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy (2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success (3) Close: Create a Contract (4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following: (1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations! (2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/ (3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material. Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo. Learn more about Certificates at: https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819053-Get-a-Course-Certificate This course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. To join the fully translated Spanish version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacion/ To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacao Subtitles for the videos are available in English, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish Created by: University of Michigan The course logo composite is shared with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) license, and was created using images provided courtesy of Flazingo Photos (http://bit.ly/1zOylRm) and K2 Space (https://www.flickr.com/photos/k2space/14257556613/in/set-72157644732478432)....

DS

Jan 9, 2021

There are a lot of real cases to explain the theory, steps to create a negotiation strategy and tips to become a better negotiator. You don't have to be born negotiator, you can learn the methodology.

AB

Mar 8, 2017

Probably the best course videos Ive come across. Professor George I believe is an amazing teacher...the way he gets the concept across to students by simple and constant examples is worth mentioning..

626 - 650 of 3,999 Reviews for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

By Kumara D S

Apr 2, 2018

excellent course. useful for everyone interested in negotiation, business and other deal making activities. creates better knowledge to survive some real life situations also.

By Moulham s

Apr 15, 2020

it was an amazing course I had so much beautiful time learning how to negotiate so that will help me in my real life I wish that by the wat .

thanks so much for your knowledge

By Carolina F T

Oct 7, 2019

Very interesting. This certainly will give you a competitive advantage in your career and profession. the teacher was excellent very clear and he knows a lot about the topic.

By Maryam p

Dec 31, 2016

This course is absolutely instrumental for those who want to have a smart negotiation skill, not only in business but also in everyday life when communication is inevitable.

By Ricardo F

Oct 29, 2016

This MOOC provides you important tools that can be very usefull in your life. The course is really well structured, the lessons are very clear and complete. Strongly advised!

By fabian o

Aug 6, 2021

I find this course a peculiar gem in advancing practical skills and proper understanding on the workings of negotiations. I wouldn't think twice recommending it to a friend.

By Mohammed N K

Aug 5, 2020

It is good learn about the Successful Negotiation and now i know how to make a negotiation. And thanks University of Michigan and to the sir who has taken the course of us..

By Andrea H

I highly recommend this course, the material provided and the instructor are very clear, which allows you to get a sense of what is required and needed to make a negotiation

By Joseph Q

Nov 23, 2016

Excellent course! The lecture had an engaging style and gave plenty of very useful examples and anecdotes to illustrate points and keep one engaged. Very highly recommended!

By Luiza s

Feb 2, 2022

I loved this course! I learned a lot of very useful information, since why to negotiate to tools to negotiate better. Thank you Profesor George Siedel! Regards from Brazil.

By Sandeep C K

Aug 18, 2015

Well structured with theory subject and related examples/case-studies. I 'm glad that I took this course, it makes me feel better with my negotiations but yet to test them.

By Rejeanne S

Great and innovative way to enhance negotiating skills for all Sales professionals or business professionals, in general. Definitely recommend for anyone in those avenues!

By Arthur

The teacher is very interesting and the course is well designed. I learned a lot about negotiation even if it wasn't my first negotiation class. I definitely recommend it.

By Prerna L

May 1, 2020

It's a great course to understand and learn about Negotiation with the help of simple concepts. Alot of real life examples and videos are mentioned through out the course.

By Victor I S

Apr 22, 2020

I want to especially thank Professor Seidel, he definitely does a great job and made it seem so logical and simple, I'm happy and I recommend this course 100% ! Thank you.

By Giacomo P

Dec 30, 2015

The professor is clear in explaining and makes you feel part of the lectures. You learn the content and you learn how to really use what is explained. Amazing opportunity.

By Sebnem O

Dec 27, 2015

I've just completed the course and it was far better than I had expected. Prof. Siedel is a perfect teacher so is the course.

Thank him, Coursera and U-M.

Best from Turkey.

By JOHN C G

Aug 6, 2022

One of the best Negoitiation Course that I have ever taken.

Really loved the way Intructor teaches in this courses

Easy to internalize the concpets and put in to practial.

By Reyna H

Feb 28, 2021

Excellent course! Only I would suggest a little more examples on the decision trees to analyze BATNA, for the beginners in this topic. Nice and engaging teaching overall.

By David V

Jul 20, 2020

Excelente curso. muy interesante. ayuda a considerar como negociar no solo para efectos comerciales, si no tambien para temas cotidianos y personales. 100% recomendable!!

By Andres M D V

Jul 7, 2020

Muy bueno, se aprende de un maestro de la Negociación nacional Americana e Internacional, lo cual enriquece aún más el curso. Aparte, los materiales son muy inteligibles.

By Firas A S

Jun 6, 2020

Amazing Course by Dr. George, I really learned a lot from this course, the course structure and the teaching style is amazing. I highly recommend this course to everyone.

By Fabio M S

Apr 27, 2020

I'm sure the content of the course will be useful either in personal life and in my job. I'm very happy with the way the course is done, thank you Professor Siedel.

Fabio

By Taehee H

Mar 26, 2020

영업 및 마케팅 업무를 진행하면서 항상 여러 회사와 협상을 진행해야 하는 저는, 회사를 대신하여 이익을 대변하고 상호간의 이해를 절충해나가는 화법과 방법에 대해 많이 부족하다고 느꼈습니다. 이번 강의를 통해 많은 자신감을 얻었고, 앞으로도 계속 영상을 반복시청하여 복습할 계획입니다. 강력하게 추천합니다.

By Luís F J

Oct 18, 2017

This is a very good course for the development of negotiation skills.

I recommend to every entrepreneur, because at some stage of life they will have to sell their ideas.