Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN
Jun 11, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

526 - 550 of 1,081 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Mallika J

Jun 8, 2020

Such an engaging and fun course! Easily one of the best courses I have taken and would highly recommend!

By Axel O

A very useful course and an interesting point of view on modern negotiation. Thank you for this content!

By Mohamed A A

Apr 3, 2019

it was a great course, it was full of information and knowledge. it helped me to be a better negotiator.

By Alexandra B

Jul 19, 2020

This course helped me not only with my career goals and chalanges, but also in a personal everyday life

By Michelle S

Jun 30, 2020

This is no ordinary course, Buckle up! You are about to be blown away! Enjoy the learning experience :)

By Joshua C

This was an excellent course. I am genuinely grateful that I had the opportunity to learn from you Sir.

By Kat

Mar 21, 2017

very good course - covers all the basics and provides exercises to test your newly acquired knowledge.

By Zeudy T M V

Sep 29, 2015

It's a great course with an excellent teacher. The studies cases facilitate learning , I recommend it.

By Myat N K

Oct 31, 2020

Thank you! It really shows me what it promised, the principled way to become a persuasive negotiator.

By Ambika N

Sep 9, 2020

The best course I have come across the internet. Thank you Barry! You've changed my thinking pattern!

By Ngozi N

Aug 6, 2020

The chance to negotiate with others in the course was superb...Delivery was great and easy to follow.

By Ricardo M H

The instructor is very clear and the classes were tough but funvtional. I loved the negotiation cases

By Vladimir K

The pie concept is genius. Especially applied to more complicated scenarios with more than 2 parties.

By Vicente V

Sep 17, 2017

Amazing course. Amazing professor, well structured, practical, impressive insights about negotiation.

By Paryssa A

Sep 30, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this class, it was very informative and the interactive. I highly recommend it.

By Peet R

Aug 25, 2020

Thank you, this course really helped me to think out of the box and look for creative alternatives.

By Javier G D G

Aug 23, 2020

fantástico curso!!

el profesor es muy claro y los conceptos son fáciles de aplicar y de comprender!!

By Yuanbo L

Nov 4, 2018

It really pays to find a partner to practice! It's easily the best part of the learning experience.

By MAHDANE Y

Sep 11, 2017

It's one of the most important and helpful courses I've ever taken, I feel bad I can't purchase it.

By Yc F

Apr 1, 2017

Better than Netflix and HBO combined. Everybody should take this course, because it is so much fun.

By Suresh B

Apr 12, 2020

This was an excellent study, And the lecturer use many good way to keep concentrate in the course.

By Pop D I

Apr 9, 2020

Extremely interesting and useful course! I would do it again and totally recommend it to everyone.

By Roeland W

Mar 28, 2018

Fun course to take. You'll definitely learn something no matter how long you have been negotiating

By Camille S P

Oct 8, 2020

Great course, very comprehensive approach to negotiations and lots of actual negotiations in live

By Michael B

Sep 26, 2020

Fantastic Course, definitely worth taking for any context in life as EVERTHING IS AN NEGOTIATION!