Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN
Jun 11, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

1226 - 1250 of 1,253 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Shuang R

Oct 16, 2015

Interesting course, useful principles and good animation lecture.

By Juan F V

Jan 24, 2017

Very well structured and gives very good tools

By Melvin J

Apr 26, 2020

Really good and engaging materials

By Jonathan M

Jul 9, 2017

It is tough, but worth the effort.

By Gabriela S

Jul 16, 2020

Very good course , learnt a lot.

By Ahmed w

Jul 29, 2021

Great

By Anton S

Aug 23, 2015

Some pretty interesting start based on mathematics, but too lengthy obvious advice for someone who gets the concept right away.

By Vernicia N R

Jul 22, 2020

This isn't a course for me. While the educator is very well versed, I find myself not being able to keep up.

By Dhanuka A A

Jul 22, 2020

my assignment was not reviewed till the very last day of the completion of the course

By Michael

Apr 20, 2021

good

By PATRICK F

Nov 25, 2020

When I took this course on negotiation I expected to update my understanding and command of negotiation technics. By this I mean human interactions, psychology, Argument and counter argument. Intercultural management in negotiation. Management of the types of characters discussing in the negotiation, Negotiation styles. Principles of negotiation. When I started the course I found that it was all about mathematics, calculations, numbers, money $ very far away from what I expected. All about how much money and savings and benefits you can gain in . I prefer the human side of negotiation though. This is why I decided to quit and forget the pie LOL...

By Sabrina S

May 4, 2021

way too complicated to understand, don't take this course if you don't like math, because it's pretty much the only thing in it

By ramin y

Apr 1, 2020

graphics are lince. but It's way too fast and hard to follow.

By Shaikha A S A

Jun 17, 2020

many sites are there and I cant open them mu pc protected

By Giuseppe Basta

May 10, 2018

COURSE TOO LONG

By T. M

Dec 28, 2020

Totally failure! I have taken more than 10 courses on Coursera and this course is the reason why I quit Coursera.

Please read the contents before paying. During the course, you need to keep searching negotiation partner and give your personal info and arrange schedules... Takes too much time...

By Adam H

Oct 31, 2015

My laptop was not sufficiently fast to run Oracle VM (I'm using Ubuntu) and there where no other instructions for how to install the Oracle dbms