Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

VK

Jul 27, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

126 - 150 of 523 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Lara D d G

Jul 12, 2017

Excellent course. The teacher is so passionate about the topic that it makes you want to learn even more. Very well explained, short videos that help you remember the important concepts better and very well picked subjects. I wish there were more Dr. Peggy Masons around!

By John C

Nov 15, 2016

As a retired prof with many years of teaching experience, I can safely say that Peggy Mason is an absolutely masterful teacher. She is passionate about her subject matter and she explains it beautifully. This is the best MOOC course I have taken--and I've had several.

By Miguel L

Apr 05, 2017

This course goes into minute detail describing the brain and central nervous system anatomy , while relating its function and ailments to many conditions we see around us or even in ourselves . Great learning experience , and professor Mason's lectures are a joy .

By Afia M

Sep 18, 2020

Prof. Mason has clarified my doubts systematically with her best explanation and informative illustrations. One should consider this course to broaden their understanding of the basics of Neurobiology and Neuroanatomy. It was worth investing time in this course.

By Krista H

Aug 22, 2020

Best class I have ever taken. I love love LOVE the professor--she's brilliant and extremely passionate about what she does. Great course for anyone, even high schoolers. I took this as a junior in high school and did great! It's hard but very very worth it :)

By Osborne P

Mar 08, 2019

This professor has beautifully and skillfully chartered out this course each module after the other. Anyone interested in neuroscience or even just wanting to understand the beauty of the most magnificient part of our body shoudl definetely take this course!

By Lianis O

Jul 03, 2017

One of the best courses and professors I have ever had. Dr. Mason loves neuroscience and it comes across in her videos. She shows great respect and sympathy for the patients and medical conditions she describes. I can only hope she does more online courses.

By Gordana B

Oct 05, 2020

Professor Mason's enthusiasm for this endlessly fascinating topic is so infectious. I loved the format of the course, intertwined and supported by real life references and stories, a sure way for the learnt to be imbedid in memory. Thank you, prof Mason!

By Pawani C

Aug 05, 2020

This course was really helpful, gave me a good understanding of neurology and new perspective to view neuroscience. It helped me with deeper knowledge of neuro and it was truly great experience to be virtual student of Ms. Mason. i absolutely loved it!!

By Rinata B

Nov 13, 2017

This course is just excellent. Interesting, modern, easy to understand and at the same time highly informative. I also bought a book by professor Mason, the one we can sometimes see on the video during the course and strongly recommend it to everyone.

By CaliDiva F

May 03, 2020

I enjoyed this course because it assisted my journey in the grieving process for my husband who passed away six years ago from a brain tumor. Dr. Mason has a clear and concise teaching style that works well for any student (medical and non-medical).

By Rohit P

Jun 04, 2020

I loved it. Learnt so much. Hope i return to human society something valuable from all that i have learnt here. Prof. Peggy is an adorable tutor. Her inter-disciplinary knowledge and easy communication skills are so helpful.

Thanks for everything!

By Jyothi

May 04, 2020

This is a wonderful course! My daughter has neurological issues. I started this course to understand her better and it is actually working! Even though this course is taking up my time, I don't want to give it up, because it's very informative.

By Basudeo R

Jun 24, 2020

it was really an amazing experience. she is the best neuro teacher till now. the way she teaches, creating with books and movies, and everyday example is just awesome.

I recommend this course to everyone who is seeking to learn about the brain.

By Chris C

Jan 07, 2018

Peggy is a very passionate professor with a gift for conveying complex details in a clear and easy to understand way. I highly recommend that if you sit this course to read the books Peggy notes throughout. Thank you Peggy for your hard work!

By Christian B

Oct 04, 2020

Such an amazing, in-depth course on neurobiology! Ms.Mason is a passionate teacher and makes you really interested in neurobiology and the nervous system. There are so many applications to everyday life and I am very glad I took this course!

By Ana M M B

Jun 30, 2020

Outstanding course!! Professor Mason does an amazing job at explaining the complexity of the nervous system, bringing it to live and giving examples of every day life. Fascinating, challenging and easy to follow course! I recommend it fully!

By Nuwan M

Aug 07, 2019

This course is one of the great course I have ever taken. I highly recommended to anyone who loves to learn about the brain. The course is well organized. Professor Peggy Mason is an excellent teacher, and she's explanations are fascinating.

By Leonardo V R L

Jun 24, 2020

"Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life" is an excellent course. Professor Peggy Mason is able to teach clearly and objectively. The course is divided into weeks and topics, what facilitate learning. I really recommend.

By Shekhar M

Dec 14, 2016

I found the programme very informative and engaging. I learnt concepts in neurobiology and post the programme, I am able to see neurobiology play out all around us in our everyday life. Dr. Mason's teaching style is informal and engaging.

By Vishruth N

Oct 05, 2020

Professor Mason was simply outstanding. She explained every concept in great detail, and I admire her jovial personality and sense of humor. This, combined with the production team's exceptional work, elevated the course to new heights.

By Lila P

Jul 06, 2020

This was an amazing course, I couldn't recommend it highly enough. The professor did a great work presenting the information in a comprehensive yet accessible way, the material was well structured, and the content extremely interesting.

By Chia C W

Jun 01, 2017

I really liked the way Professor Mason presented the course, and it provide a very thorough initial understanding of the brain and brain systems. I will definitely recommended to anyone who wish to become more familiar with the brain.

By Vaiva S

May 28, 2017

The lecturer and given material are great but the course is really hard and there is a lot to learn. This time I didn't have enough time to spare so I am very happy that there is an opportunity to finish it during the next session :)