Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PM

Mar 23, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

76 - 100 of 315 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Dec 16, 2016

I always learn new things!

This course is incredibly helpful, especially if you know a little about neuroscience and you are interested with brain issues. Highly recommended! (I am a senior student in Boğaziçi University psychology)

By Mai S

Feb 10, 2019

One of the most informative, engaging and interesting courses I have ever attended. Dr. Peggy Mason's ability to explain this topic to laypeople is outstanding. I am very happy with how much I have learned and how enjoyable it was.

By Mirjam M

Mar 04, 2018

Thank you so much Prof. Mason for sharing your knowledge so generously. I have really enjoyed this class and gained a better understanding of so many things in our bodies and our minds. I would recommend this class to everyone.

By marrina

Nov 25, 2017

Peggy you are amazing!!! Thank you so much for teaching this course! I've learn a great amount from this course and decided to take neuroscience as my future career. Thank you, again, for leading me in! ----student from China.

By Gasser H

Sep 03, 2017

One of the most amazing courses that I have ever had, made me think about neuroscience in a different way and helped me link between what we feel at different situations and what REALLY happens inside us then...

By Catherine O

Feb 04, 2018

A fantastic course that has enhanced my understanding of the brain! Dr. Mason is an astounding instructor and, through the way she shares her knowledge, she's motivated me to continue learning about the brain.

By akbara

Aug 28, 2017

This course helped me to systematize and deep knowledge about brain anatomy and function. Also I was very impressed and touched with Prof. Mason's full of empathy attitude towards people with brain lessions.

By Marina M

Feb 01, 2018

Great course with the best professor who can explain everithing! Not very easy to understand everything from the first time but it's not impossible to see into! I really like the professor Peggy Mason!

By Pau F M

Mar 23, 2020

By Delilah J L

Feb 25, 2018

This course is challenging and engaging. I enjoy the in video quizzes and the set up of final quizzes really makes you learn the material. Peggy Mason does a great job explaining everything.

Thanks!

By Diana G P

Jan 17, 2018

It is very interesting and the teacher, Peggy, explains it simply enough to understand this complex subject. I learnt a lot about our brain and its anatomy and functions. I strongly recommend it.

By Malijani T

Mar 07, 2019

Dear Ms. Peggy,

Thank you very much. It is really a great experience and I know so much about myself and other people too. All the best to you and all your love ones.

Best reagrd,

Monica Malijani

By Claudia A G Q

Mar 01, 2018

A great experience, so thrilling to understan a bit more about our amazing nervous system and brains! Dr. Mason is wonderful, giving everyday examples so we can all relate and understand.

By Govind P

Dec 17, 2016

Excellent. Passionate teacher, well rounded modules. The way of formulating questions in the weekly exams is sometimes difficult to understand. Could and should be cleared by the authors.

By Jitendra B

Nov 16, 2018

excellent course for every one, good contents on Neurobiology and presentation by professor peggy meson undoubted super, i will recommend one should try for this course. thanks

By Franklin D S N

Feb 18, 2020

I fully believe that this course helped me to develop new skills in my daily life. it was an update on my future academic life. Since I met this platform, my life has changed.

By Danny B

Jul 07, 2017

This is one of the best courses I have taken in my life. By the way, I am taking it for the second time now to refresh my knowledge in the subject and enjoy it all over again.

By Thomas W S

Nov 20, 2017

Excellent content and a top notch instructor. This course helps the learner understand how the brain processes stimuli and correlates to everyday life. Highly recommended!

By Elise M

Sep 13, 2017

Absolutely excellent course. So very, very well and clearly explained, so interesting, so applicable to what we see around us every day in our own and everyone else's action

By Vivian F R

Jan 16, 2018

The course was execellent. Professor Peggy Mason introduced us to neurobiology in comprehensive and engaging way. I will recomend this course ! thank you professor Maggy!

By Jessica G

Oct 18, 2016

Doing this as prep for my Biopsych class next year. Really enjoying the material, Peggy's delivery (and affection for the humble neuron) is infectious.

Many thanks, Jess

By Judith M

Jan 10, 2017

good video lectures, good idea with the small quizes after every section. Peggy was fun to listen too and she got difficult things over quite clearly. Worth repeating

By Rodney L

May 16, 2019

Dr. Mason is a joy to have as an instructor. I hope for the opportunity to learn from her in the future. I look forward to following her work on LinkedIn and FB.

By Sophie K

May 19, 2017

This course was EXCELLENT!!!! I learned so much and I loved Peggy! I just wish it had gone on longer. This course was very fun and also very informative. 5 STARS!!