Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PM

Mar 23, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

101 - 125 of 315 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Bruce M d S

Jul 04, 2019

By far one of the best experiences in online learning that i had! Professor Peggy Mason is Amazing! I recommend her book too (the one by her right in the videos).

By Pam B

Oct 15, 2017

Awesome course. Lots of concepts covered. Will probably review again in a while since I know I will learn even more if I repeat some of the more complex topics.

By Vidur S

May 30, 2017

A great course! Topics are very well explained and answer many fundamental questions about the working of our brain and about diseases and pretty much everything.

By Eric C

Mar 02, 2018

Excellent course! I'm working on machine learning using neural network, and this class provide a fascinating insight into how brain really works. Very inspiring.

By Sabrina K

Mar 10, 2018

Great! I love the course, Prof. Mason! I really appreciate your way of explaining and visually showing everything! Great to see all written or drawn as well! :)

By João M A T

Dec 14, 2017

What can I say? I never thought I was going to learn neurobiology (or should I say neurology) in such an easy and fun manner. Congrats to Professor Peggy Mason.

By Bertran C

Nov 01, 2017

Excelente Curso de Formación. Conceptos básicos muy bien enseñados, para todos aquellos que se estén formando en neurociencias, neurología y neuropsicología.

By Phoebe S

Aug 19, 2019

Very good course! Would recommend to anybody who is interested in the nervous system and neurobiology. It is well taught and not too demanding of your time.

By Claudia T

Jun 25, 2019

What an amazing way to explain the nervous system, its development, and functions of each of the components.

I am following in love with the subject.

Claudia

By Elif E

Jun 13, 2019

As a molecular biologist who is interested in neurosciences, I have learnt a great deal from Prof. Mason. She really is a neuro-chauvinist (in a good way)!

By Rohit P

Jan 21, 2020

I loved it. Learnt so much. Hope i return to humanity something valuable from what i learnt here. Prof. Peggy is an adorable tutor. Thanks for everything!

By Jimena J C

Apr 04, 2018

149/5000

The best for people interested in learning the basics of neurobiology, the best teacher, thank you very much for allowing me to learn with you!

By Simon F

Sep 21, 2017

Professor Mason has prepared the course in a very systematic manner and presented the subject in a way that makes it easy to understand and to follow.

By Donna S

Nov 23, 2016

Masterful teaching. This professor (Peggy Mason) takes complex information and lays it out in a clear, coherent and highly engaging way. Thank you!

By Попеску Л

Sep 30, 2017

Examples on real brain and the narrative style of the professor made this course the best course I ever attended on coursera.org! Big Thank You!

By Dorothy H

Nov 16, 2016

Easy to understand, and a pleasure to watch and listen to. This is a fabulous course to take before taking Duke's medical neuroscience course.

By Adriana B

Feb 07, 2020

Excellent job Dr. Mason! Your love and passion of neurobiology really shows in your teaching. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Krista H

May 05, 2017

I really loved the content and the way it was presented. Perfect starter into this world or refresher if you are familiar with the language.

By Amit A

Jan 28, 2020

Professor Peggy Mason is a great teacher. Her passion for the subject is very evident in all her lectures. I was sad when the course ended.

By Zoltán G

Dec 28, 2019

If you want to learn the most advanced technology on Earth, this course is for you. Peggy is super teacher, great fun learning from her.

By Liz

Jul 21, 2017

Excellent! Everyone should take this course. I have a greater understanding of how our brain works and why we do things the way we do!

By Karla P Q

Apr 09, 2019

beautiful and the teacher is really cool, smart and kind!! I really enjoyed learn!! Thank you!! I now I follow you in twitter! Awesome!

By Marcus V G

Aug 30, 2018

Excelent, the teacher explain with love, unbelieveble speak 7 to 10 minutes max., per block, but a lot of contents, i bought his book

By Yuqing H

Jul 02, 2017

It's really amazing to view neurobiology through the case analysis of everyday life! I really like the course and the way it is taught!

By Daniel T

Nov 18, 2018

Great course! Exactly what I need in my professional activity! Direct, clear and to-the-point concepts and explanations! Thank you!