Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

AH

Dec 29, 2016

An excellent course about the brain. I'm a passionate about human behaviour and this course has added a lot to my understanding. I really liked the way professor Mason explained every topic.

126 - 150 of 314 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Julia

Nov 26, 2017

This course is very useful for me. The information is understandable, interesting and interactive given. Thank you very much!!!!

By Joanne S

Jan 11, 2017

Fantastic course. Prof Mason is terrific - perfect balance of theory and narrative; science and empathy. Really enjoyed that!

By Carliati B

May 01, 2019

Terrific course. Professor Peggy Mason was a fabulous teacher and made learning fun. Thank you Professor Mason and Coursera.

By Koos J

Nov 30, 2017

Fantastic course with a great teacher. Can recommend it to anyone. Enjoyed it hugely and I am very sorry that it has ended.

By Sonia V

Dec 07, 2016

Very well explained and fascinating information. I tried this course for a week and now planning to do the certification.

By Diego r

Aug 04, 2019

profe mason, gracias por brindarnos este curso, gracias por todos tu ejemplos, aprendí y disfrute demasiado. un abrazo.

By Uliana T

May 27, 2019

The course is great, however, the title was misleading. It said the course was 4 weeks long, but it is actually 10 weeks

By Georgie P

Oct 26, 2017

Brilliant course! Couldn't of had a better instructor. I wish I could have Peggy as a supervisor for postgraduate study.

By Silvia G

Jul 29, 2018

Dr. Mason is incredible at teaching and her passion for science contagious! I’d take any class thought by her anytime !

By Adam E

May 23, 2017

Excellent course. Great instructor. Speaks clearly and her passion about what she's teaching makes it easier to learn.

By Mikala C

Dec 11, 2018

A great course,. The instructor communicates very well some complicated but very interesting facts about the brain.

By Larry L E

Jul 11, 2017

A fascinating course from a great natural teacher, one who is truly in love with her topic.

More, please Ms Peggy!

By Rebecca M

Jan 11, 2018

Great course and extraordinary empathetic Professor! Amazing! I loved every single minute. Strongly recommended!

By Juan M C p

Nov 20, 2017

Todo el curso fue de mi agrado, con mucha información increible que es muy útil para relacionarlo con mi carrera

By Cat W

Aug 04, 2017

Particularly interesting and demanding! I am very happy to have learned so much! Profound lessons! Thanks a lot!

By DR R S

Feb 25, 2019

Exceptional course, very well explained . I would recommend everybody to buy the book of Professor Peggy Mason

By Juan A A

Dec 13, 2016

This is, probably, the best MOOC that I've come across ever. Clear, funny, rigorous and really realy exciting.

By priya s

Oct 09, 2016

easy and fun way of understanding brain, I love the way Peggy Mason explains the concepts it's easy to follow

By Veronica A

Sep 29, 2018

Very didactic- Peggy is wonderful at making it (relatively!) easy to understand. Great for a beginner like me

By Anastasiia B

Dec 06, 2019

I loved the course! Professor Peggy Mason is sooo charismatic. Great course to start Neuroscience studying.

By Cj R

Mar 13, 2018

Awesome, great instructor, and a definite recommendation to other learners. And, you can't beat the price!

By Yasmen G A E

Jun 20, 2017

fantastic really very very good .. the method of explanation is so interested with high quality of subjects

By Cally M

Dec 01, 2017

really enjoying this course and like the pop quiz style questions during the videos to keep you focussed

By Stéphanie B

May 29, 2017

Best Mooc I have ever attended till now, thanks you very much for this valuable and accessible knowledge

By Jonathan M

Apr 09, 2017

Fantastic course. Structure and pace of instruction were perfect. Excellent for newbies to neuroscience.