Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

VK

Jul 27, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

151 - 175 of 523 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Konstantinos A

May 03, 2017

This course was fun, interesting and well taught. I understood basic principles of how the sensory organs work and what effect can malfunctions have. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about how our body functions.

By SAKSHI G

Nov 30, 2017

This course is very helpful and very well taught by Professor Manson. I must say teachings of professor are more interesting, clearly understood and contains deep knowledge than what we learn in lecture halls by attending the school.

By Dhanush v

Sep 07, 2020

This is the best course i have ever gone through.i learnt many things and this is the only course i would recommend to anyone.thank you for this amazing experience professor Peggy Mason has given me!! hope i meet her in the future.

By SATAKSHI S

Sep 06, 2020

It was an amazing journey, i fell in love with neuroscience. I joined this course because i had many question regarding neuroscience. but, now I am very much confident. this course structure is very easily understandable. Loved it !

By MM B

Aug 28, 2020

Excellently presented by professor Mason, the course was well designed for on-line learning, I particularly liked the structure of the course, the Content and online tools, all making the learning of complex material so much easier.

By Evgeniia E

Jun 15, 2020

It is a fun, interesting and well-organized course that will be helpful for people with various levels of knowledge on the nervous system, even those who had already studied it in some way, or those who don't know anything about it.

Dec 16, 2016

I always learn new things!

This course is incredibly helpful, especially if you know a little about neuroscience and you are interested with brain issues. Highly recommended! (I am a senior student in Boğaziçi University psychology)

By Mai S

Feb 10, 2019

One of the most informative, engaging and interesting courses I have ever attended. Dr. Peggy Mason's ability to explain this topic to laypeople is outstanding. I am very happy with how much I have learned and how enjoyable it was.

By Mehedi H A

Jul 16, 2020

This course has given a gd knowledge about neurobiology 💓. Dr. Paggy has done a tremendous job, thnx to her,,, i will appreciate everyone to go through this course fr a better conception in master of everything,, our brain🥰💯

By Mirjam M

Mar 04, 2018

Thank you so much Prof. Mason for sharing your knowledge so generously. I have really enjoyed this class and gained a better understanding of so many things in our bodies and our minds. I would recommend this class to everyone.

By marrina

Nov 25, 2017

Peggy you are amazing!!! Thank you so much for teaching this course! I've learn a great amount from this course and decided to take neuroscience as my future career. Thank you, again, for leading me in! ----student from China.

By Viraj K

Sep 14, 2020

Amazing course, you have truly opened up a new career path for me, and Peggy Mason you are great and I am going to miss listening to your explantions, but hopefully in the world of Nuerobiology we will meet again! Thank You

By Kareem R

Jun 24, 2020

Amazing course, especially for beginners who don't have enough knowledge in neuroscience and/or human physiology. It was a fun experience for me, I enjoyed every moment of it, great work from Dr. Peggy Mason and her team.

By Alexey A

Oct 04, 2020

Colleagues, do not miss it out, this is probably the best course on the platform. Unbelievable, anatomical specimens were dissected just for the course. Also, there is a 2017 version on YouTube, do not miss that as well.

By Misael A A M

Oct 02, 2020

It's a fantastic course for introduction to your brain! This is the starting point if you wanna specialize into some very specific brain functions like sleeping, language learning/comprehension, as well as some diseases

By Zeynep B A

Sep 18, 2020

This course is challenging enough without being too hard. If you like learning and neurobiology, I fully recommend it. It is fun and worth your time, with detailed explanations and examples from real-life situations.

By Gasser H

Sep 03, 2017

One of the most amazing courses that I have ever had, made me think about neuroscience in a different way and helped me link between what we feel at different situations and what REALLY happens inside us then...

By Catherine O

Feb 04, 2018

A fantastic course that has enhanced my understanding of the brain! Dr. Mason is an astounding instructor and, through the way she shares her knowledge, she's motivated me to continue learning about the brain.

By Mylena L C

Jun 23, 2020

It was a great experience, the topics are complex but Professor Mason does a wonderful job at breaking it down for us to understand it! It's really worth it and it has only made me love neurobiology even more.

By Xiao W

May 06, 2020

This course is really amazing. I've learned a lot of knowledge and some interesting cases. This is my first step into neuroscience and it's a wonderful step. Thank you, Peggy Manson, and this platform as well.

By akbara

Aug 28, 2017

This course helped me to systematize and deep knowledge about brain anatomy and function. Also I was very impressed and touched with Prof. Mason's full of empathy attitude towards people with brain lessions.

By Charyyeva A

Jun 17, 2020

The course is wonderful. Suitable for non-specialists in the field of medicine. And even with a low level of English, it is easy enough to understand. The lectures are brief, but very informative. Thanks!

By Regina L

May 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and thank Peggy Mason very much. I would like attend her other courses, she is very positive, involved and excited about the subject. That`s really helps in learning proccess.

By Joséphine P

Jun 15, 2020

Great course! Content was fascinating and very thoroughly explained. Professor Peggy Mason's passion for the subject was inspiring. The course was very well organised and achievable! I really enjoyed it.