Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PM
Mar 22, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

VK
Jul 26, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

176 - 200 of 663 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By John C

Nov 15, 2016

As a retired prof with many years of teaching experience, I can safely say that Peggy Mason is an absolutely masterful teacher. She is passionate about her subject matter and she explains it beautifully. This is the best MOOC course I have taken--and I've had several.

By Jagruti P

Apr 15, 2021

Excellent course and very detailed description. The course gives a very good headstart for someone who wants to pursue a career in Neuroscience. The professor makes it really interesting and easy for the students to understand. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Miguel L

Apr 5, 2017

This course goes into minute detail describing the brain and central nervous system anatomy , while relating its function and ailments to many conditions we see around us or even in ourselves . Great learning experience , and professor Mason's lectures are a joy .

By Afia M

Sep 18, 2020

Prof. Mason has clarified my doubts systematically with her best explanation and informative illustrations. One should consider this course to broaden their understanding of the basics of Neurobiology and Neuroanatomy. It was worth investing time in this course.

By Krista H

Aug 22, 2020

Best class I have ever taken. I love love LOVE the professor--she's brilliant and extremely passionate about what she does. Great course for anyone, even high schoolers. I took this as a junior in high school and did great! It's hard but very very worth it :)

By Osborne P

Mar 8, 2019

This professor has beautifully and skillfully chartered out this course each module after the other. Anyone interested in neuroscience or even just wanting to understand the beauty of the most magnificient part of our body shoudl definetely take this course!

By Lianis O

Jul 2, 2017

One of the best courses and professors I have ever had. Dr. Mason loves neuroscience and it comes across in her videos. She shows great respect and sympathy for the patients and medical conditions she describes. I can only hope she does more online courses.

By Gordana B

Oct 5, 2020

Professor Mason's enthusiasm for this endlessly fascinating topic is so infectious. I loved the format of the course, intertwined and supported by real life references and stories, a sure way for the learnt to be imbedid in memory. Thank you, prof Mason!

By Pawani C

Aug 5, 2020

This course was really helpful, gave me a good understanding of neurology and new perspective to view neuroscience. It helped me with deeper knowledge of neuro and it was truly great experience to be virtual student of Ms. Mason. i absolutely loved it!!

By Larissa L H

Sep 17, 2021

what a wonderful course! I am very grateful for it! The world is a better place because of Professor Masson, she is absolutely remarkable, it takes passion to make a subject as complex as neurobiology feel easy, and Professor Mason exceeds all the way!

By Rinata B

Nov 13, 2017

This course is just excellent. Interesting, modern, easy to understand and at the same time highly informative. I also bought a book by professor Mason, the one we can sometimes see on the video during the course and strongly recommend it to everyone.

By CaliDiva F

May 3, 2020

I enjoyed this course because it assisted my journey in the grieving process for my husband who passed away six years ago from a brain tumor. Dr. Mason has a clear and concise teaching style that works well for any student (medical and non-medical).

By Rohit P

Jun 4, 2020

I loved it. Learnt so much. Hope i return to human society something valuable from all that i have learnt here. Prof. Peggy is an adorable tutor. Her inter-disciplinary knowledge and easy communication skills are so helpful.

Thanks for everything!

By Jyothi

May 3, 2020

This is a wonderful course! My daughter has neurological issues. I started this course to understand her better and it is actually working! Even though this course is taking up my time, I don't want to give it up, because it's very informative.

By Basudeo R

Jun 24, 2020

it was really an amazing experience. she is the best neuro teacher till now. the way she teaches, creating with books and movies, and everyday example is just awesome.

I recommend this course to everyone who is seeking to learn about the brain.

By Chris C

Jan 7, 2018

Peggy is a very passionate professor with a gift for conveying complex details in a clear and easy to understand way. I highly recommend that if you sit this course to read the books Peggy notes throughout. Thank you Peggy for your hard work!

By Michael S

Apr 2, 2021

A great and informative course most enagaging. I learned a significant amount of the function of the brain and its relation to mental helth. I enjoyed the laboratory sessions and reality of the brian biology. Thank you Professor Peggy Mason

By Christian B

Oct 4, 2020

Such an amazing, in-depth course on neurobiology! Ms.Mason is a passionate teacher and makes you really interested in neurobiology and the nervous system. There are so many applications to everyday life and I am very glad I took this course!

By Ana M M B

Jun 30, 2020

Outstanding course!! Professor Mason does an amazing job at explaining the complexity of the nervous system, bringing it to live and giving examples of every day life. Fascinating, challenging and easy to follow course! I recommend it fully!

By Nuwan M

Aug 7, 2019

This course is one of the great course I have ever taken. I highly recommended to anyone who loves to learn about the brain. The course is well organized. Professor Peggy Mason is an excellent teacher, and she's explanations are fascinating.

By Dr. M A

Aug 19, 2021

It was really eye opener for me as a Anatomist, as this course dealt with functional aspects of Neuroanatomy related to the daily life. this gives my teaching abilities more wide range. Hope my students will benefit from the same. Thank you

By Valentina N s

Dec 3, 2020

This course has been a good way to improve my knowledge about the neurobiology of our lifes, and also it has increased my passion for neuropsychology. Peggy Mason has been a good teacher, and all the explenation has been really interesting.

By Leonardo V R L

Jun 24, 2020

"Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life" is an excellent course. Professor Peggy Mason is able to teach clearly and objectively. The course is divided into weeks and topics, what facilitate learning. I really recommend.

By Arthur N F S

Jun 16, 2021

I really liked this course, the subject that was brought was about things that we are actually always involved in, even if you are not working as a health professional, you will probably still enjoy it, the classes are outstanding as well