Back to Academic Listening and Note-Taking

Academic Listening and Note-Taking, University of California, Irvine

About this Course

This course will help non-native English speakers improve their listening and note-taking skills for the purpose of listening to academic lectures. You will learn techniques for improving your understanding and skills for taking more effective notes, and you will get lots of practice in using these. If you're planning to attend college classes in English, then this class is for you. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Understand and follow a lecture 2. Take better lecture notes 3. Discuss courses with classmates and professors 4. Give an effective academic presentation Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

By TA

Dec 11, 2018

It is very useful and very interesting course i learned a lot of skills from this course and these skills which i learned from this course will help me in my whole life regarding my studies

By SS

Aug 11, 2017

This was a very informative course. It taught me a lot as a student and since I took it, I have improved a lot at school.

53 Reviews

By Carol Alejandra Medina León

Jan 18, 2019

I have improve my listening skills, but I think it's necesary to have a high level of english for can learn more in this course.

By Wanqing Pan

Jan 01, 2019

This course is both useful and interesting. Thanks to some given tasks of following TED lectures, I heard different opinions from all aspects and improved my note-taking skills.

By Nattaya Piasa

Dec 13, 2018

Great course

By Tanveer Ahmed

Dec 11, 2018

By reem mohamed hatem

Nov 30, 2018

It is one of the best courses for improving the listening skill

By MARIAM YOUSEF TURKI HAMAD

Nov 23, 2018

I'M VERY HAPPY BECOAISE I GET THIS COUSE , THINK YOU COURSERA , AND THINK YOU TEACHER .

By Mohammed Abdelfattah

Nov 21, 2018

a great course

By Aiman Ali

Nov 13, 2018

I'm very happy because I have completed my course successfully. I've learned a lot from this course.

By USMAN ZAFAR MIRZA

Oct 29, 2018

Very nice course.

By Aline Perrotti

Oct 22, 2018

The course is very complete and provides valuable techniques on note-taking, it really helped me to improve my strategies when watching lectures and courses.