Back to Academic Listening and Note-Taking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Academic Listening and Note-Taking by University of California, Irvine

This course will help non-native English speakers improve their listening and note-taking skills for the purpose of listening to academic lectures. You will learn techniques for improving your understanding and skills for taking more effective notes, and you will get lots of practice in using these. If you're planning to attend college classes in English, then this class is for you. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Understand and follow a lecture 2. Take better lecture notes 3. Discuss courses with classmates and professors 4. Give an effective academic presentation Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

TA
Dec 10, 2018

It is very useful and very interesting course i learned a lot of skills from this course and these skills which i learned from this course will help me in my whole life regarding my studies

AR
May 16, 2020

I think this is very helpful for someone not used to learning in English. The content was very articulate and talks about note-taking methods along with assignments that help practice it.

126 - 150 of 158 Reviews for Academic Listening and Note-Taking

By Annie Y L

Feb 15, 2020

Good course for learning skills in listening and attitude´s speaker and tone. I was expecting to speak but this course wasn t for.

Good job team

By Carol A M L

Jan 17, 2019

I have improve my listening skills, but I think it's necesary to have a high level of english for can learn more in this course.

By Anais L

Jun 17, 2020

It´s a little repetitive, but the information is good and I was able to develop my academic listening skills.

By Luis A T J

Dec 9, 2016

It's a great course, It has learning curve hard at the beginning but I improved my english skills integrally.

By Ana F B V

Aug 2, 2020

Thank you very much! I´m very bad in listening, this course helped me to listenng and note-taking.

By Juan Q

Jul 24, 2019

Overall I think it's great but it wasn't impressive. I mean the knowledge isn't that inspiring.

By SUMOLTA P

Dec 15, 2019

It's difficult to complete in this course because nobody to review my submissions.

By Daniela A M C

Jul 20, 2020

IT'S A GREAT COURSE, YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR LISTENING AND YOU LEARN TO TAKE NOTES!

By Oude A

Mar 30, 2018

Great course for students before getting in the university

By Wisal K

Apr 24, 2020

The way of teaching is excellent for every learners.

By Ayelen P

Oct 13, 2020

Me encanto el curso, me ayudó a practicar mi Inglés

By Macela C d A

Feb 28, 2018

It helped me to improve my take note skill.

By Yeshwanth B

Aug 31, 2020

Nice course and everything is Good.

By Brenda C A D l T

Apr 25, 2020

رائعة

By Abdalrahman M A A

Aug 17, 2018

good

By Aparnaa B G

Jul 20, 2020

The course is very useful and very helpful i gave 3 stars only because i finished the course 1 week back but could not get my certificate because of not reviewing others work but people who started after me could complete the course.

By Rabbi h

Jul 10, 2020

you should add discussion forum....that will help students

By Joy L

Jun 25, 2020

A bit too theoretical.

By nada a

Sep 22, 2019

it's too much assignment and quizzes!

I believe that they are important for the learning process but in this course, they are too much, it makes me feel stressed all the time every single moment I think about it.

I hope you can modify the course to a more comfortable version.

By Rafay S A

Jun 16, 2017

Most of it is common knowledge part of it is what I am taking the course for.

By Laaraj s

It was not as i expected.