Back to Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy offers an overview of the latest research findings and international recommendations on a variety of nutrition-related aspects and outcomes of pregnancy. Ensuring a healthy nutritional status and lifestyle prior to and during pregnancy is one of the best ways to help support the healthy growth and development of the unborn child. We will look at how a healthy diet and lifestyle should ideally be achieved prior to conception and provide recommendations for pre-conception counselling of women. We will also look at the nutritient recommendations for a healthy pregnancy to ensure optimal maternal and fetal outcomes as well as focus on the most common nutrition-related pregnancy complications; obesity and gestational diabetes. The learner will have the opportunity to delve into the cutting-edge world of epigenetic and metabolomic research and appreciate the enormous role that these programming effects have in long-term health and disease outcomes. Finally, we offer real life, everyday situations and questions from pregnant women to aid healthcare professionals in the nutrition-based counselling of pregnant women and their families. In addition to the English original, subtitles in Portugese language are available now!...

SR

Apr 29, 2017

I'm a GP interacting with pregnant woman on a regular basis. This was a very enlightening refresher course. will highly recommend it to my peers. beautifully presented. N.B very pretty obstetrician!

B

The course is really helpful for me, though it was quite hard because of my english level. i will totally advice it for my friends and also it is a big contribution to my practice as a Health Coach

51 - 75 of 355 Reviews for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

By María C M

Apr 17, 2017

Es un curso con mucha información vital para los profesionales de la salud y para la mujer embarazada o con planes de quedar en embarazo. No toma mucho tiempo, es conciso pero muy sustancioso.

By maria i i

May 15, 2018

Very informative. Great for all women who which to become pregnant one day. I believe taking this course before becoming pregnant will be of great advantage for the mother and the child.

By Priscilla B D

Jul 07, 2017

Excelente curso, la información es muy consistente y actualizada, fácil de digerir. Los videos tienen muy buena calidad y son entretenidos. Los felicito y agradezco mucho por este curso.

By Gitla R H G

Jul 02, 2020

Great Course to understand the diet plan in pregnancy, protection, correction of principal diseases that could impact the outcome of the baby and understand the role of microbiome

By Maria L A

Jun 19, 2020

Me ha encantado. Un curso muy completo para los profesionales de la salud. Yo soy nutricionista y me ha servido para refrescar conceptos y aprender de nuevos. Lo recomiendo 100%.

By Ariana P M R

Jul 09, 2020

Me hubiera gustado que se hablara más acerca de la lactancia materna, sus múltiples beneficios e importancia, pero en sí, todo el curso fue muy interesante, realmente excelente.

By Filipe R P F

Mar 26, 2018

In general, the course is very explainatory and rich, making the sources of the information available for further information and investigation, which is always an advantage.

By Sarah C

Nov 28, 2017

Lots of important information packed into bite-size pieces and presented in a way that is also understandable to lay persons. Nicely presented, but not too much information.

By 任淑文

Sep 10, 2019

What is the mostly interest me is the epigenic modification changing the genotype during the early stage of life, the machanism really opens up my eyes! Thx professor!

By Daniel F P

Mar 28, 2020

I am an ultrasound technician working every day with pregnant women and I found this program quite useful and interesting to reinforce knowledge. Totally recommended.

By Alisse S

Jul 09, 2018

Incredibly detailed and informative- breaks down many misconceptions as well as introduces new studies and insights to inform a healthy pregnancy. Highly recommended!

By Mohita C

Jan 23, 2018

I really like all the professors and doctors. There is lot of knowledge and information I have collected. I am sure it is all of help in future. Thanks! Great work.

By Sathishkumar r R M

Jun 17, 2020

In nutrient and life style in pregnancy I gained knowledge and understand the importance of good nutrients and I know about what are the exercise should be done

By Fernanda M

May 12, 2018

Excelente curso, utiliza ótimas referências e recomendações atuais. Indico o curso para profissionais de saúde e pessoas interessadas no tema gestação e nutrição.

Sep 26, 2017

I would recommend this course to public health, science and medical school students. I enjoyed the course very much and learned a lot from the material presented.

By Nzeyimana A

Jan 31, 2018

Je m'appelle Arlette Nzeyimana je suis réfugié au Rwanda j'aimerais savoir comment j'aurais mon certificat alors que pour nous tout est assuré par le HCR merciii

By Anam Z

Nov 03, 2018

it was wonderful experience to do this course. Last and final quiz was difficult. thanks to your retake method i worked hard and passed it .Thank u coursera :-)

By RichardZhu

Nov 25, 2019

怀孕是一件很了不起的事情,让这个世界延续并创造文明,是不可或缺的进程,这个课程让我们保证了这个进程的顺利有效且安全的进行,感谢 nancy Berthold Koletzko

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

及各大学的实验,书籍编写者

及coursera.org

By Natalie O F L

Oct 09, 2018

Very interesting and enlightening course. I learned a lot about specific nutrient as well as lifestyle recommendations for pregnancy. Thank you very much!

By Gabriel G

Mar 06, 2020

This course is awesome, helpful and though short, very detailed.

Thanks to LMU and Coursera. I can now advance my knowledge to the Early Nutrition academy

May 05, 2019

Huge thanks for that opportunity to learn from professionals and the best doctors how to understand and help pregnant women during such challenging time.

By Namrata

Aug 10, 2017

This course is very good and interesting. I would like to thank Dr Berthold Koletzko and other mentors for the valuable information. Thanks to coursera.

By Kamlesh P K

Not good for learners from india. I completed my course i want to make payment for my certificate but they don’t accept indian learners. Very bad.👎

By John C

Jul 15, 2018

This course was very helpful to me in learning about mother and infant nutrition. The tests are somewhat difficult and will require some note-taking.