Back to Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy offers an overview of the latest research findings and international recommendations on a variety of nutrition-related aspects and outcomes of pregnancy. Ensuring a healthy nutritional status and lifestyle prior to and during pregnancy is one of the best ways to help support the healthy growth and development of the unborn child. We will look at how a healthy diet and lifestyle should ideally be achieved prior to conception and provide recommendations for pre-conception counselling of women. We will also look at the nutritient recommendations for a healthy pregnancy to ensure optimal maternal and fetal outcomes as well as focus on the most common nutrition-related pregnancy complications; obesity and gestational diabetes. The learner will have the opportunity to delve into the cutting-edge world of epigenetic and metabolomic research and appreciate the enormous role that these programming effects have in long-term health and disease outcomes. Finally, we offer real life, everyday situations and questions from pregnant women to aid healthcare professionals in the nutrition-based counselling of pregnant women and their families. In addition to the English original, subtitles in Portugese language are available now!...

SR
Apr 28, 2017

I'm a GP interacting with pregnant woman on a regular basis. This was a very enlightening refresher course. will highly recommend it to my peers. beautifully presented. N.B very pretty obstetrician!

CG
Sep 7, 2017

EXCELENTE! SOY NUTRICIONISTA Y DIETISTA Y ME SIRVIO MUCHISIMO para refrescar y aprender incluso más conocimientos !! ya que voy a trabajar en un centro especializado en embarazo!\n\nMIL GRACIAS !!

51 - 75 of 597 Reviews for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

By Maria E P

Mar 14, 2020

Esse curso abriu meus olhos para a importância da alimentação, estilo de vida dos pais, mesmo antes da concepção. Chamou a atenção para coisas que não tinha visto na disciplina que havia estudado sobre gestação. Foi um grande aprendizado, muito bom.

By FONG S H

Dec 14, 2020

Is a good subject to learn if you have no concept of nutrition for pregnant women. But it is not recommended for the student who studies food relevant subjects such as nutritionist or food science. Is quite easy for me. But try if u want.

By Mohammad S B

Mar 31, 2021

This course dealt also with topics outside pregnancy as well, and have brought more closer for choosing Clinical Nutrition as my first choice for masters. Thank you, LMU and Coursera, for bring forth this 5-star course for beginners.

By muchui a

Apr 20, 2021

This course is good and it help one get a lot of knowledge on how to help and advice pregnant women on preconception nutrition, nutrition during pregnancy and care for the infant after delivery.This knowledge has enlighten my mind

By Osama M B L

Dec 16, 2020

I would like to thank you for this interesting topic, I really enjoyed the course and I gained beneficially information on the pregnancy and the needs of pregnant women. All the best

Osama M. Ben Lagha

University of Tripoli- Libya

By Sia B

Jan 10, 2021

Lectures are short with maximum useful information. They look interesting and are well received. Additional information for self-study is selected as relevant. I'm glad for this opportunity to get high-quality knowledge online

By CIBY C J

Jun 29, 2019

Wonderful course. Helpful to Understood nutritional requirements for a pre and post-pregnant woman.

All explanations delivered by Professor Hildegard Przyrembel are outstanding.

Special thanks to all other course coordinators.

By Viri O Z

Oct 20, 2017

All the material is precise and useful for practical application. Some terms are hard to understand if you're not a professional healthcare provider, but with some dedicationis easy to follow-up on the content of the course.

By Giulia A

Apr 17, 2020

I really enjoined this course. It was useful to improve my knowledge in this field as a Biologist and a Nutritionist. I appreciate the structure and the information given through the modules.

Thank you for the opportunity.

By Mafalda F C

Apr 5, 2020

I am a nutritionist myself and I took this course as I have a strong interest in Nutrition in pregnancy and this course really helped me to remember some subjects and learn new things as well. Great work, loved the course!

By Immaculate A O

Aug 1, 2020

It was a lovely experience and refresher course. I am a nutritionist and going through this course content helped me to better understand and related some of the theoretical concerns. The course tutors are amazing too.

By Julia C G

Jul 25, 2020

I loved having participated of this course, i learned a lot of informations about nutricion and lifestyle in pregnancy, some informations i already knew but others don't and i really appreciated these experience

By Lien L

Jul 10, 2021

This course is really helpful for everyone, particularly those want the best for their baby. Many thanks to Berthold Koletzko and coworkers for making a great job of helping people gain a better life. Thank you

By IRZA M M S

Jan 25, 2021

The teachings are very informative and helpful not only to me but also to the people whom I know for I can share to them the lectures, knowledge and learnings I have gained from this course. Thank you so much!!

By Thuy D

Sep 7, 2020

This course offers many beneficial Information for not only who want to become parents but also who want to enrich their professional knowledge about Healthcare. Thank you the whole team for the great course.

By Pola S

Aug 1, 2020

A very informative and professionally presented course. I have enjoyed learning about nutrition and lifestyle in pregnancy and feel adequately prepared and thus more relaxed about getting pregnant. Thank you!

By RUBEENA M

The course was very informative.... It has explained clearly how a pregnant woman to follow diet and lifestyle during pregnancy.... The all video s and lectures are beneficial more than getting a certificate

By Nikita T

Aug 18, 2019

Very much Helpful course. I learned many new things from this course, especially the micro nutrients and nutrients content required in pregnancy.

Thank you very much for such a detailed course for pregnancy.

By Laura V V C

Sep 17, 2018

IT IS A GREAT COURSE AS IT PROVIDES THE BEST INFORMATION AVAILABLE ABOUT NUTRITION IN PREGNANCY, BESIDES BEING EASY TO UNDERSTAND. THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THE COURSE, IT IS VERY RECOMMENDED.

By Angélica B S

Feb 27, 2020

Me gustó mucho el curso, te da buenas nociones y bases acerca de la Nutrición en el embarazo, con buenas explicaciones, buenas referencias para quienes quieran aprender más de cada tema. Recomendable!

By Angelica G T

Oct 21, 2019

Excelent course, it really helped me a lot with my nutrition career. I fell much more secure and it has encouraged me to continue studying. I definitely recommend it! Thanks to all of the teachers

By Rabia N

Oct 20, 2020

Its been a great active learning and understanding based course highlighting the basic protocols in real life dealing. I am glad to be a part of this great initiative .More power to the team :)

By Ayesha A

That's was very informative course. It covers every aspect of pregnancy like physiology and anatomy of pregnancy. It gives information about nutritional requirements of mother during pregnancy.

By Pavithra S K

Sep 20, 2019

Short ,clear ,crisp guidance as to what to eat and what not to , epigenetics was explained and put across simple language ,easy to understand ..thank you for making this learning simple and fun

By Ambereen K

Apr 17, 2020

As a healthcare practitioner working in remote areas where malnutrition is common, this was very useful. It enabled me to confidently give sound advice to pregnant patients to improve outcomes