Back to Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy offers an overview of the latest research findings and international recommendations on a variety of nutrition-related aspects and outcomes of pregnancy. Ensuring a healthy nutritional status and lifestyle prior to and during pregnancy is one of the best ways to help support the healthy growth and development of the unborn child. We will look at how a healthy diet and lifestyle should ideally be achieved prior to conception and provide recommendations for pre-conception counselling of women. We will also look at the nutritient recommendations for a healthy pregnancy to ensure optimal maternal and fetal outcomes as well as focus on the most common nutrition-related pregnancy complications; obesity and gestational diabetes. The learner will have the opportunity to delve into the cutting-edge world of epigenetic and metabolomic research and appreciate the enormous role that these programming effects have in long-term health and disease outcomes. Finally, we offer real life, everyday situations and questions from pregnant women to aid healthcare professionals in the nutrition-based counselling of pregnant women and their families. In addition to the English original, subtitles in Portugese language are available now!...

SR

Apr 29, 2017

I'm a GP interacting with pregnant woman on a regular basis. This was a very enlightening refresher course. will highly recommend it to my peers. beautifully presented. N.B very pretty obstetrician!

B

The course is really helpful for me, though it was quite hard because of my english level. i will totally advice it for my friends and also it is a big contribution to my practice as a Health Coach

26 - 50 of 392 Reviews for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

By Anezka N

Sep 08, 2018

Very informative and useful not only for health professionals, but also for future mothers and all those interested in nutrition in general (my case). It doesn't stay on the surface, you might need to educate yourself little bit in biochemistry if you have never heard anything about words like hemoglobin, hypoglycemia etc. But that was part of the fun - to actually keep searching and discovering.

By Erin G

Jun 05, 2019

Though some of it is common sense, I never really realized just how much my body's condition prior to conception truly impacted my baby, not just during gestation, but for the rest of their lives. The more you can equip yourself with knowledge prior to pregnancy, the better future you can provide for yourself and your future children.

By vivek s

Apr 06, 2020

So glad that i completed this course. It is a knowledge bank and it has enhanced my vision to look at the pregnancy and nutrition. I loved how the delivery of the lecture was so practical and thoughtful. It is purely RESEARCH and EVIDENCE based lecture. I would love to be taught by the professors again in any related or new topics.

By Paulina K A

Jun 17, 2019

I really liked this course, it was a great way to learn about nutrition in pregnancy. I enjoyed watching the videos and the references, I think it's super complete and it's a lot of helpfull information that will help me later on in life. I'm so excited that I enrolled myself in this course and that I could learn so many things.

By Magdalene M A

Feb 22, 2019

Great course. I have learnt a lot of interesting things about pregnancy. I still have a lot of materials from the course to read but that gives me the oppotunity to understand better and maybe learn even more about nutrition and lifestyle in pregnancy. Why dont you take this course to, you'll be glad you did...

By Bartłomiej C

Apr 15, 2017

Powerful dose of knowledge. I knew a lot but after this course I realized many crucial aspects that are really significant when taking care about all elements of nutrition in pregnancy. This course gave me a lot and I would like to recommended it to anyone who wants to widen his knowledge in the area.

By Shannon M

Jun 10, 2017

An amazing course! Such a wide variety of useful knowledge regarding nutrition and pregnancy. This is good for mothers to be, mothers who are pregnant, or women planning on becoming a mother. This is also good for anyone studying gynecology/obstetrics or even nursing. I recommend it to everyone.

By Elizangela C

Jun 12, 2018

O curso foi excelente, reunindo uma série de informações importantes para atualização e aperfeiçoamento do atendimento a gestantes. Estou muito satisfeita e feliz pela oportunidade em agregar conhecimentos em minha prática clínica como nutricionista materno infantil.

By GARY H T C

Dec 08, 2017

Im glad that I take this course and this course helps me and my wife to have better understanding on her dietary intakes and on her daily meals consumption. Now im more confident to prepare for our first incoming newborn. Thank you Doctors for the materials provided.

By Ahmad A

Apr 28, 2020

I am very delighted to complete the informative and well organized course. I have learned a lot of new things by opting this course and i am very thankful to coursera for providing this course for free and the organizing committee of this course. Thanks once again.

By Elena M M

Nov 25, 2018

the course was demanding, but beautiful and captivating. the information submitted has exceeded my expectations. the references in each course led to many hours of new research. I appreciate this course as an exceptional one. Congratulations and thanks

By Maria E S P

Mar 14, 2020

Esse curso abriu meus olhos para a importância da alimentação, estilo de vida dos pais, mesmo antes da concepção. Chamou a atenção para coisas que não tinha visto na disciplina que havia estudado sobre gestação. Foi um grande aprendizado, muito bom.

By CIBY C J

Jun 29, 2019

Wonderful course. Helpful to Understood nutritional requirements for a pre and post-pregnant woman.

All explanations delivered by Professor Hildegard Przyrembel are outstanding.

Special thanks to all other course coordinators.

By Viri O Z

Oct 20, 2017

All the material is precise and useful for practical application. Some terms are hard to understand if you're not a professional healthcare provider, but with some dedicationis easy to follow-up on the content of the course.

By Giulia A

Apr 17, 2020

I really enjoined this course. It was useful to improve my knowledge in this field as a Biologist and a Nutritionist. I appreciate the structure and the information given through the modules.

Thank you for the opportunity.

By Mafalda F C

Apr 05, 2020

I am a nutritionist myself and I took this course as I have a strong interest in Nutrition in pregnancy and this course really helped me to remember some subjects and learn new things as well. Great work, loved the course!

By Immaculate A O

Aug 01, 2020

It was a lovely experience and refresher course. I am a nutritionist and going through this course content helped me to better understand and related some of the theoretical concerns. The course tutors are amazing too.

By Julia C G

Jul 25, 2020

I loved having participated of this course, i learned a lot of informations about nutricion and lifestyle in pregnancy, some informations i already knew but others don't and i really appreciated these experience

By Pola S

Aug 01, 2020

A very informative and professionally presented course. I have enjoyed learning about nutrition and lifestyle in pregnancy and feel adequately prepared and thus more relaxed about getting pregnant. Thank you!

By RUBEENA M

The course was very informative.... It has explained clearly how a pregnant woman to follow diet and lifestyle during pregnancy.... The all video s and lectures are beneficial more than getting a certificate

By Nikita T

Aug 18, 2019

Very much Helpful course. I learned many new things from this course, especially the micro nutrients and nutrients content required in pregnancy.

Thank you very much for such a detailed course for pregnancy.

By Laura V V C

Sep 17, 2018

IT IS A GREAT COURSE AS IT PROVIDES THE BEST INFORMATION AVAILABLE ABOUT NUTRITION IN PREGNANCY, BESIDES BEING EASY TO UNDERSTAND. THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THE COURSE, IT IS VERY RECOMMENDED.

By Angélica B S

Feb 27, 2020

Me gustó mucho el curso, te da buenas nociones y bases acerca de la Nutrición en el embarazo, con buenas explicaciones, buenas referencias para quienes quieran aprender más de cada tema. Recomendable!

By Steven R

Apr 29, 2017

By Angelica G T

Oct 22, 2019

Excelent course, it really helped me a lot with my nutrition career. I fell much more secure and it has encouraged me to continue studying. I definitely recommend it! Thanks to all of the teachers