Back to Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy offers an overview of the latest research findings and international recommendations on a variety of nutrition-related aspects and outcomes of pregnancy. Ensuring a healthy nutritional status and lifestyle prior to and during pregnancy is one of the best ways to help support the healthy growth and development of the unborn child. We will look at how a healthy diet and lifestyle should ideally be achieved prior to conception and provide recommendations for pre-conception counselling of women. We will also look at the nutritient recommendations for a healthy pregnancy to ensure optimal maternal and fetal outcomes as well as focus on the most common nutrition-related pregnancy complications; obesity and gestational diabetes. The learner will have the opportunity to delve into the cutting-edge world of epigenetic and metabolomic research and appreciate the enormous role that these programming effects have in long-term health and disease outcomes. Finally, we offer real life, everyday situations and questions from pregnant women to aid healthcare professionals in the nutrition-based counselling of pregnant women and their families. In addition to the English original, subtitles in Portugese language are available now!...

SR
Apr 28, 2017

I'm a GP interacting with pregnant woman on a regular basis. This was a very enlightening refresher course. will highly recommend it to my peers. beautifully presented. N.B very pretty obstetrician!

B
Jun 15, 2020

The course is really helpful for me, though it was quite hard because of my english level. i will totally advice it for my friends and also it is a big contribution to my practice as a Health Coach

26 - 50 of 562 Reviews for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

By Steven R

Apr 29, 2017

By Nikos K

Mar 1, 2021

Amazing and really informative course gives you an in-depth analysis of the subject. The videos are compact with information. The tests are on the difficult side (and some question change if you retake them, so you can retake them for further testing the knowledge you obtained). Keep in mind that the reading material requires a lot more time than mentioned, if you want to do more than just read the titles you'll need 1-3 hours to complete each of the reading material than accompanies the video lectures.

By mohammad M f a

Jun 18, 2017

I did not have a strong background on the most important recommendations for the health of the pregnant woman, and how to maintain the health of pregnancy from the first day of the last day ... I benefited from the research and studies in this course and expanded my horizons in knowing the nutrition of pregnant women fortunately now i have a great background about this subject and hope there will be more advanced courses and more complex

By Anezka N

Sep 8, 2018

Very informative and useful not only for health professionals, but also for future mothers and all those interested in nutrition in general (my case). It doesn't stay on the surface, you might need to educate yourself little bit in biochemistry if you have never heard anything about words like hemoglobin, hypoglycemia etc. But that was part of the fun - to actually keep searching and discovering.

By Grecia M J M P

Jan 18, 2021

I learned a lot about the importance of the nutrition and lifestyle during the reproductive age and the pregnancy both in woman as in men. I loved wich one of the lessons and the easily comprensive of the videos. But I have a doubt about about the course certification because I haven´t recived a mail or anything about it. And I would like to know about it as soon as possible. Thank you

By A P

Mar 25, 2021

its is very important to learn about our health, and thers nothing high than a good healthy person. its very important to know what we are eating and how its going to benefits us. we can learn about the nutition we get from food, and how we should maintain our life with all required needs, for healthy pregnancy for a mother to infant . this course is so helpful .

By Amena S

Aug 8, 2020

Yeah really to complete this course is so much efficient to me. I'm really happy to done with it. Since I'm a student of Food & Nutrition science it'll help me a lot. Covid 19, & in lockdown when you've nothing to do & you wanna serach of knowledge in nutrition field, I think , this course is for you. I wanna say thank to coursera to give me the opportunit.

By Ignacia I E

Mar 11, 2021

Muy buen curso, cubre aspectos básicos de la nutrición durante el embarazo de forma clara y sencilla. El material complementario es interesante y los videos también. Sin embargo, me habría gustado que se abordara más la alimentación de madres con dietas vegetarianas y veganas como un módulo aparte. Siento que este curso aporta a mi formación profesional.

By Julia S S d S

Jan 12, 2021

Excellent! I was not expecting to be an in-depth course, neither to approach epigenetics. It surprised me in a really positive way. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about nutrition and lifestyle during pregnancy, specially to medical students, like me.

"Danke" to LMU and its amazing teachers for the opportunity. Regards from Brazil!

By Dima A j

Dec 22, 2020

It was indeed an excellent educational course, as it is rich in information and health knowledge, and it is of interest to many women and all health care workers, especially for pregnant women and the fetus, thank you very much for these efforts, especially for converting the educational material into an easy formula that can be understood by all.

By Erin G

Jun 4, 2019

Though some of it is common sense, I never really realized just how much my body's condition prior to conception truly impacted my baby, not just during gestation, but for the rest of their lives. The more you can equip yourself with knowledge prior to pregnancy, the better future you can provide for yourself and your future children.

By vivek s

Apr 6, 2020

So glad that i completed this course. It is a knowledge bank and it has enhanced my vision to look at the pregnancy and nutrition. I loved how the delivery of the lecture was so practical and thoughtful. It is purely RESEARCH and EVIDENCE based lecture. I would love to be taught by the professors again in any related or new topics.

By Paulina K A

Jun 17, 2019

I really liked this course, it was a great way to learn about nutrition in pregnancy. I enjoyed watching the videos and the references, I think it's super complete and it's a lot of helpfull information that will help me later on in life. I'm so excited that I enrolled myself in this course and that I could learn so many things.

By Georgia C

Apr 1, 2021

Very nice videos and many articles in the lists offered to read if you want to learn even more for nutrition and lifestyle in pregnancy. This is a very important topic that healthcare provider should be informed about and I definetely recommend it! Thanks to my university's collaboration with Coursera I had an extra motivation!

By Magdalene M A

Feb 22, 2019

Great course. I have learnt a lot of interesting things about pregnancy. I still have a lot of materials from the course to read but that gives me the oppotunity to understand better and maybe learn even more about nutrition and lifestyle in pregnancy. Why dont you take this course to, you'll be glad you did...

By Bartłomiej C

Apr 15, 2017

Powerful dose of knowledge. I knew a lot but after this course I realized many crucial aspects that are really significant when taking care about all elements of nutrition in pregnancy. This course gave me a lot and I would like to recommended it to anyone who wants to widen his knowledge in the area.

By Shannon M

Jun 10, 2017

An amazing course! Such a wide variety of useful knowledge regarding nutrition and pregnancy. This is good for mothers to be, mothers who are pregnant, or women planning on becoming a mother. This is also good for anyone studying gynecology/obstetrics or even nursing. I recommend it to everyone.

By Alexandra S

Aug 5, 2020

I'm grateful for the given opportunity to be able to learn about lifestyle and nutrition during pregnancy. I'm pregnant right now and it is really important for me to learn evidence-based material about the changes that i'm going through right now. For me the course was really good experience.

By Smirnov K

Aug 22, 2020

It was really helpful. I learned something new and now know more about recommended food intake and optimal lifestyle in pregnancy. There is some differences between course of actions in different countries but main line is straight. I recommend this course to observe and learn. Dr.Smirnov

By Elizangela C

Jun 12, 2018

O curso foi excelente, reunindo uma série de informações importantes para atualização e aperfeiçoamento do atendimento a gestantes. Estou muito satisfeita e feliz pela oportunidade em agregar conhecimentos em minha prática clínica como nutricionista materno infantil.

By GARY H T C

Dec 8, 2017

Im glad that I take this course and this course helps me and my wife to have better understanding on her dietary intakes and on her daily meals consumption. Now im more confident to prepare for our first incoming newborn. Thank you Doctors for the materials provided.

By Nourin F

Aug 11, 2020

I have learned followings from these course -

What should be the diet in pregnancy

Which nutrients are necessary in majority.

How the overall lifestyle of a pregnant woman should be.

And much more. I liked the way this course is organised from the start till the end.

By Ahmad A

Apr 28, 2020

I am very delighted to complete the informative and well organized course. I have learned a lot of new things by opting this course and i am very thankful to coursera for providing this course for free and the organizing committee of this course. Thanks once again.

By Elena M M

Nov 25, 2018

the course was demanding, but beautiful and captivating. the information submitted has exceeded my expectations. the references in each course led to many hours of new research. I appreciate this course as an exceptional one. Congratulations and thanks

By Maria E P

Mar 14, 2020

Esse curso abriu meus olhos para a importância da alimentação, estilo de vida dos pais, mesmo antes da concepção. Chamou a atenção para coisas que não tinha visto na disciplina que havia estudado sobre gestação. Foi um grande aprendizado, muito bom.