Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

226 - 250 of 894 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Gustavo M

Feb 27, 2016

Excellent lectures, the subject matter is very well detailed and enough support is given to the student.

By Hans M

Mar 16, 2016

Nice!!!

By Gil B

Mar 23, 2017

Great Course!

By Maryam P

Apr 04, 2016

Very good course, it gives good knowledge about the important parts of java such as inheritance and polymorphism.

By Ahmed D

Feb 09, 2016

Perfect for newbie!

By Sankar B

Jan 19, 2017

Great explanation....

By Radu S

Nov 18, 2015

I liked the way that the professors insisted on understanding the mechanics behind the concepts learned, using the memory models and asking for that pen and paper for drawing them.

I didn't find any pdfs with course notes containing the concepts discussed in a written form but I think I'll relisten some of the videos and write that notes for myself.

I managed to understand quite a few object oriented concepts that were blurry for me before, thank you for that. Now, it's practice time, to avoid forgetting all that !

By Maresu A

Feb 09, 2017

The challenges with questions and demos are very useful.

Helps for a good understanding.

By Ayush M

Feb 05, 2016

Lots to learn

By Agim C

Apr 10, 2016

This is a excellent course !

By Lachezar

Mar 24, 2017

very well structured, with good examples and video explanations

By Michelle F

Nov 09, 2015

The videos that aren't boring and long! This course filled in the gaps that I had after taking university classes. I don't really like the final project is peer reviewed. Your peers can prevent you from passing the course.

By Artem S

Mar 20, 2016

The closest experience to the real programming job i had so far

By Kamil P

Dec 22, 2015

University of California did a great job!

Thank you guys!

Great course, concept challenges are very helpful and surprisingly one additional week for finishing up was wonderful idea - it helped me to finish last assignment on time.

By Michael M

Nov 19, 2015

Excellent course with great content. The only problem is that there's a bit less administrative assistance in the discussion forums than perhaps preferable. Aside from that, this course was fun, and while some parts were strenuous, I enjoyed taking it!

By SANG C H

Sep 18, 2017

Excellent teaching styles that explains core stuff really well. Thanks.

By Arkadiusz

Nov 03, 2015

Really great course! I have leant a lot, very interesting!

By Joshua D P

Dec 28, 2015

Incredibly Good! Improve my Java Skills in the next level.

By Duncan W

Apr 11, 2017

Excellent

By Marin I

Sep 22, 2015

Excellent teachers and examples..

By Amar R

Jan 08, 2016

This course provides right stepping stone for OOP concepts as well as Java.

By Qiuyi L (

Jan 09, 2016

Every instructor explains the concept in a nice and clear way. The course structure they designed is very logical and well organized. So, it's very easy to follow. Plus, they did a very good job picking core topics in OOP.

A must-take class if you're interested in OOP.

By Faisal A

Aug 20, 2017

Such a nice course, I learnt a lot out of it.

It is not very demanding and yet you learn so many things. :)

By Zhao Y