Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

251 - 275 of 871 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By ahmed h

Sep 29, 2015

Best Java course I have seen for years. And Best team of instructors in any of Coursera courses. Hope to have later specializations from the same Instructors. I am just delaying certificate until finishing the due java specialization, as I felt it may need introductory course as advised by the great instructor Christine

Great Instructor/Course from great University as great as the rest of San Diego university courses. Well respected Universities in addition to Duke, Michigan and Virginia Compared to the very short courses from other reputable Universities

By Pham, T L

Oct 26, 2016

Good course for basic OOP in java.

Thank you.

By Heng W W

Mar 21, 2016

It is good!!! I learnt a bit of Java beforehand but not the object oriented concept. Would definitely attend the courses by UC San Diego again as well as pay for the course when I can afford it!

By Wesley M d O

Dec 14, 2015

Very good!

By Ravi A

Nov 15, 2015

I have learned a lot. But i have always been falling back in he course because i am a working.just struggling a lot to be on the Deadline, and that's what keeps me pretty involved and enthusiast and dynamic.

!!! .....Thanks A ton.............$$$$...............!!!

By M M Z

Mar 07, 2016

Excellent course, highly recommended for all my friends

By Eric B C C

May 22, 2017

Solid intermediate course

By Jianmo N

Jan 26, 2016

really explicit and easy to follow up, nice preparation and nice content.

By Lianqiang M

Feb 15, 2016

This is a great course. This is the first time I learnt an online course, which has so many advantages against traditional classroom instructions.

By Micheal

Aug 08, 2016

It is a good course. It help me strengthen the knowledge about interface, abstract class and experience of developing related skills.

By youssof r

Mar 18, 2016

Comprehensive, enough amount of quizes and suitable assignment to ensure your understanding and give you enough practice. Nicely planned. I have really benefited from it.

By Reda R

Jun 08, 2016

So useful course.

many thanks

By Patrick H

Mar 05, 2016

The course was well-structured to provide resources and guidance to complete a fun project; the instructors did an excellent job of making the material accessible and providing real-world examples of how the material is relevant beyond the scope of the class project.

By shubham j

Feb 28, 2016

Amazing course with very efficient teaching ..

i really enjoyed this course . hope to see more similar courses from the teachers.

By Roman

Feb 06, 2016

Excellent course! I really enjoyed this!

By Wan B

Oct 23, 2017

Great course and project

By Jianhao C

Aug 04, 2017

Very good lesson. Recommend to all new learners of data structure.

By Pranjal K

Aug 18, 2017

This is one of the best courses in Java. I was a complete novice before this course. Now i feel like i have got the feel for programming.

By Amit M

Oct 10, 2015

Application based approach of learning Java. Awesome!!

By David S F G

May 04, 2017

Great course for reviewing the Java programming language. It´s challenging enough for someone who has previous knowledge of programming and Java so it can serve as a way of evaluating your knowledge and further it a bit more.

By Yasir

Oct 05, 2015

Every one should take this course

By Nicholas L

Apr 23, 2017

Great class overall. I found the week on inheritance to be especially good. Very clear explanations, examples, and illustrations which is so important in a fundamental CS class like this.

By bharani m

Mar 05, 2016

Amazing course with amazing teachers .Worth every penny .

By 陈磊磊

Dec 13, 2015

awesome, benefits me a lot

By Giri

Oct 20, 2015

good course to start learning java with OOPS