Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

326 - 350 of 884 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Josh G

Dec 19, 2015

A challenging course but very rewarding

By Muhammad H A

May 22, 2016

Its nice to me and very helpful for me.

By Jonathas d S T

Mar 16, 2016

Excelete! Muito didático e tem aulas bem explicadas, além das suppot classes que ajudam muito também, recomendo!

By Deepanshu L

May 09, 2016

good for understanding. Challenges are awesome.

By Bram V S

Jan 27, 2016

Very Nice Course thx

By Weston H

Dec 29, 2015

Really exceptional course. Make sure you watch the everything its easy to miss important information about the assignments.

By 陳泓仁

Feb 04, 2016

Great course

By TerryTang

Jun 09, 2016

very nice

By kakanisriharsha

Mar 28, 2017

I have learnt so much from this coure.I thank coursera.

By Mattia C

Nov 12, 2016

I really enjoyed it, it covers some basics of java and it's challenging for those who already worked on java

By Tosin P

Mar 21, 2016

This course was a journey. The instructors helped in successfully passing out the material in a interesting and helpful way.

By Hmidi D

Mar 24, 2016

It's an interesting course.

By andrew p

Aug 13, 2016

Great course

By Diyi L

Sep 05, 2017

Good class for starters.

By Shubham S

Aug 29, 2016

The course teaches Object Oriented Concepts In Java in a fantastic way that makes understanding them fairly easy. Three cheers for the Professors!

By Yaojie L

May 15, 2016

Very easy to begin with and very interesting project

By BaoYiping

Jul 02, 2016

it's a nice course and helped me understand the object oriented design with JAVA very well!!!

By Gjorgi G

Jul 10, 2016

I am impressed by this course. Keep doing good job!

By Yunus_Emre_Ozkose

Mar 12, 2016

very good for beginner, thank you

By Vasily L

Apr 09, 2016

Жаль что за денюжку(

By Mayank S

Aug 08, 2016

best explanation . kristine was my favorate mentor :)

By Samuel I

Mar 09, 2016

I really see the ease in which this somewhat complex concepts are explained and gradually introduced.

By Rawia F

help a lot

By SEONGHO R

Aug 11, 2017

thank you ~!

Thanks to your support , I can understand OOP concept and knowledge of algorithm, coding...