Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

76 - 100 of 884 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

Jan 22, 2016

Very clear.

By Ayse E G

Dec 29, 2015

Excellent course. Some courses that are "object-oriented" start with simple variable declarations and they are extremely boring to work through as there is very little progress in each week. Others assume you know a lot and they are very confusing. This one is very good if you have been exposed to programming before and want to learn object oriented approach. It isn't too easy or hard. Instructors take the time to explain concepts rather than simply using them. Highly recommended.

By Kavita T

Oct 20, 2015

Very well created

By Mukil K

Sep 16, 2015

This is the first MOOC I have found that fits neatly between beginner level introduction to programming courses, and higher level machine learning/pattern recognition or algorithms courses. The lecture videos convey concepts succinctly, and the assignments complement the lecture materials.

By Bautina E

Mar 31, 2016

I like this class. I found the answers there on many tricky programming questions such as memory allocation for objects. I will recommend this class to all my friends who is interested in computer science.

By Mark P

Feb 10, 2016

I'm taking the course to review Java/data structures. The material is appropriate, well-explained, and well structured.

By Saullo C C B

Oct 15, 2015

I reviewed and learned a lot of Java Object Oriented Programming concepts. It was really fun!

By Aydar A

Jan 05, 2018

Good course. It was quite basic for me for the most part, but I was just refreshing my java knowledge. Perfect for beginner, teachers obviously put a lot of effort into creating this course.

By enner

Feb 08, 2016

Good course for learn the principles of oop with java.

By Saurabh G

Nov 03, 2016

Great course for beginners in OOPS with JAVA.

By Kimberly H

Oct 19, 2015

Great structure. Really enjoyed the different learning paths.

By Sabah U

Jan 17, 2016

I got a lot of fun while doing this course.

By Sergio V M

Jan 07, 2016

Excellent course! 100% recommended!

Despite I had a strong background in computing and I found it a little bit easy, I really enjoyed the lectures and programming assignments and I have learned some interesting stuff.

In my case, I know how to program but I have coded in Matlab for too long. So I am finding the whole specialization very useful.

By Dixon B

Oct 13, 2017

By Jabes R M

Dec 08, 2015

Is a great course is really and fully well desingned.

By Lachezar

Mar 24, 2017

very well structured, with good examples and video explanations

By Michelle F

Nov 09, 2015

The videos that aren't boring and long! This course filled in the gaps that I had after taking university classes. I don't really like the final project is peer reviewed. Your peers can prevent you from passing the course.

By Labib M R

Oct 14, 2015

By Duncan W

Apr 11, 2017

Excellent

By Amar R

Jan 08, 2016

This course provides right stepping stone for OOP concepts as well as Java.

By Baljeet S

Dec 05, 2015

Great Instructor and a nice way to teach us. Liked every single lecture. Enjoyed the project too.

By Filipe P G

Jul 10, 2017

Very good

By Fernando S P

Oct 19, 2015

A very complete course with wonderful videos and assigments.

By Dennis L

Mar 25, 2016

This course is amazing! Really help me a lot to know more about Java Programming.