Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

226 - 250 of 1,013 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By André D H

Feb 22, 2016

Excellent course and dynamic!!!! The programming assignment are funny and help the student to improve knowledge.

By Bagus A S

Nov 09, 2015

It's just started on the first week, but the professors of this course already make me really excited to learn.

By B P S

This is a very good and awesome course to understand and code in Java. The OOP concept is very well explained.

By James A F M

Nov 02, 2017

Very straightforward and practical introduction to OO principals, and a good practice for early java learners.

By Codrut F C

Feb 10, 2016

Great course ! The professors that participated have a huge talent at explaining and sharing their knowledge !

By Ricardo S

Oct 21, 2017

The quality of the course is superb. The 3 instructors know their teaching subjects and are quite didactical.

By TANVEER M

Oct 23, 2015

Covers the basic concepts of JAVA and a idea of how to implement GUI's.

Everyone should enroll in this course.

By Victor

May 23, 2020

very good course, I learn some concepts in college and this course works as a very good supplement material

By Orkhan A

Mar 27, 2019

I am in week 1 and so far i can tell that the methodology of teaching is perfect in these courses. Perfect !

By SAYAN D

Dec 12, 2016

A great thanks to coursera and the instructors for building this course.. It made me fall in love with JAVA.

By Mattia C

Nov 12, 2016

I really enjoyed it, it covers some basics of java and it's challenging for those who already worked on java

By Faisal A

Aug 20, 2017

Such a nice course, I learnt a lot out of it.

It is not very demanding and yet you learn so many things. :)

By Raj N S

Dec 30, 2016

Awesome course... Must have for anyone who wants to test his/her programming skills with real world data...

By Afreen H

Sep 20, 2015

The way the course is designed is really effective, instructors are great as well. I am loving this course.

By Arash M

Sep 20, 2016

One of the best programming courses I have ever seen, specifically for people who are learning to program.

By Roger Z

Jul 13, 2016

A very good course! At the beginning it might look simple, but gets challenging after the first two weeks.

By liangyi f

Jun 12, 2016

good lecture, and good explanation. Fix my two knowledge missing point even after i graduate from college.

By Joaquín C

May 08, 2016

So far it is going great !, In my case just doing the basis again but It is well made for overall students

By Pratap C

May 03, 2016

Great course. Very well structured with real world experiences. Hats off to the staff for their efforts.

By Windesson

Feb 14, 2016

Love this course, the quality of this course is far beyond to what my current online master degree offers.

By Suraj S

Dec 19, 2015

Great course to get new students started with Java. The project keeps the students engaged and interested.

By Kenan A

Apr 07, 2020

i would like to thank all the pofessors and teachers in this course , and i will see you in the next step

By Ashutosh s

Jul 16, 2017

I have learnt a lot and i am very much confident to proceed further with my interest in Machine Learning!

By Yabo L

Oct 09, 2015

well organized, interesting assignments and great interactivity between the instructors and the students.

By 李紹弘

Jul 01, 2017

This course provides me a clear concept and makes me understand the debugging skill of Java Programming.