Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

351 - 375 of 871 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Parag B

May 19, 2018

A very nice course to learn Java. Taking it a little further than just learning simple basics and loops. The instructors are good. Making all concepts seem simple. You will test the simplicity during the assignments though!

By ROUSHAN K

Oct 28, 2016

This is a nice and very challenging course. But definitely learned a lot. Thanks to the instructors..

By yogeshsachdeva223@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2017

very helful course , I like the project , it also clears my all basics

By 君悦之

Jul 19, 2016

it's good for me to know about java by the map program.

By Salim M

Mar 27, 2017

A good course to further improve java knowledge and get acquainted to its features through a very interesting project!

By 李紹弘

Jul 01, 2017

This course provides me a clear concept and makes me understand the debugging skill of Java Programming.

By Bufan L

May 06, 2017

Very good courses!!

By Majid A

Feb 10, 2018

Great learning and excel on basic concepts.

By Muhammad A

Jun 06, 2016

i Love this course and wanted to complete this course

By Mathieu R

Jun 26, 2018

Great course, puts in practice all the main OO programming concepts. Just a bit annoying to peer-review the last assignment.

By Chicane

Feb 05, 2017

Thank you guys for this massive information you put in this course. I appreciate your efforts well explanation you guys awesome

By shivansh p

Aug 20, 2017

Its really a great course for those who want to learn the basics of java.

By DOBUNA A

May 17, 2017

great! i love this course

By Mahammad J B

Nov 22, 2016

I'm enjoying. Thank you very much

By Raj N S

Dec 30, 2016

Awesome course... Must have for anyone who wants to test his/her programming skills with real world data...

By Vasileios K

Jun 12, 2017

Very interesting course. The professors are very good and the material is organised in a way that makes it very easy to follow. Highly recommended!

By Lixin X

Sep 08, 2017

thank you for your effort to help students like me with little knowledge in Java and in OOP

By Steven Y

Jun 19, 2017

if you want to learn OOP for more detail and significant, this course is right for you. They provide unique practice that really help me to understand how the code works in java.

By David T

Jan 30, 2017

Very Practical and the project is quite engaging. I'm a structural engineer and thought the earthquake map project was related to my interests in seismic design and automation/visualization of pertinent data.

By Alex H

Mar 25, 2016

Very cool

By Pranay S

Jun 25, 2016

A highly detailed course. It helped me learn Java well outside the domain of the classroom.

By Lin W

Jun 19, 2016

Great! This course is very helpful!

By Kaushik D

Sep 20, 2016

Very good course for beginners.

Aug 29, 2016

Awesome course in OOP in java

By Tony B

Oct 16, 2017

I am loving everything about this way of learning.