Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

401 - 425 of 887 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Andrei C

Feb 14, 2016

An exceptional course in intermediary programming!

By Vishal C A

Aug 31, 2017

It was really cool to do some graphical programming. Very different from what I do at work, so I really enjoyed it. I am warming up to using Java more.

By Gábor C

Jul 25, 2016

Good course!

By Mohamed K

Jan 09, 2016

Very interesting course, not for complete beginners. The project is quite interesting. You will defintely learn a lot here. I recommended for any Java leaner student.

By Suraj S

Dec 19, 2015

Great course to get new students started with Java. The project keeps the students engaged and interested.

By Robert C

May 14, 2018

Challenging, I learned a lot.

By Mohamed M M A K

Mar 05, 2016

An excellent course for taking a step forwards in Java programming. The instructors are great and I love the concept challenge videos as they help clarify new concepts.

The programming assignments are good although sometimes felt like they were not challenging enough.

The course material isn't that long and the course could easily be completed in 2-3 weeks or even less.

Despite that it is not an introductory course to Java, I was able to follow along smoothly without prior Java experience. However previous programming experience is required.

By Yubo T

Dec 14, 2016

theoretical and practical balance

By Andrés F J A

Nov 10, 2015

Excellent course!

By Åsa S

Jul 20, 2017

Fun course. Perfect for brushing up your old java skills.

By youssof r

Mar 18, 2016

Comprehensive, enough amount of quizes and suitable assignment to ensure your understanding and give you enough practice. Nicely planned. I have really benefited from it.

By Reda R

Dec 12, 2015

Very good course

By Idir B

Jan 30, 2016

The best course I saw in Coursera. A lot of efforts will deployed to make the learning experience optimal. Bravo for the professors.

By Amit V

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent approach to teaching Java; i loved the hands on, concept challenges and modules at the end of each course. I wish my professors in university were 1/2 as good as them.

By ahmed h

Sep 29, 2015

Best Java course I have seen for years. And Best team of instructors in any of Coursera courses. Hope to have later specializations from the same Instructors. I am just delaying certificate until finishing the due java specialization, as I felt it may need introductory course as advised by the great instructor Christine

Great Instructor/Course from great University as great as the rest of San Diego university courses. Well respected Universities in addition to Duke, Michigan and Virginia Compared to the very short courses from other reputable Universities

By Jianhao C

Aug 04, 2017

Very good lesson. Recommend to all new learners of data structure.

By Pranjal K

Aug 18, 2017

This is one of the best courses in Java. I was a complete novice before this course. Now i feel like i have got the feel for programming.

By 陈磊磊

Dec 13, 2015

awesome, benefits me a lot

By Amit M

Oct 10, 2015

Application based approach of learning Java. Awesome!!

By Giri

Oct 20, 2015

good course to start learning java with OOPS

By Leonid M

Jan 10, 2016

Nice course. But peer assignment/reviews takes much more time than estimated 30 minutes.

By Siddharth S

Aug 09, 2016

I loved the way instructors designed, developed and delivered course. This course gave me really good insights into object oriented programming. And I thoroughly enjoyed working on project.

By Manuel E

Jun 12, 2016

I learn a lot about Java and object oriented programming. I enjoyed the course.

By Oliver A R D