Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

51 - 75 of 887 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Mirela B

Oct 07, 2018

Great course!

By Sunil K

Dec 07, 2015

This course is good for any range of students from novice to experienced programmers .

By yini L

Jan 09, 2016

very helpful~~~~

By radhika s

Dec 07, 2016

I would give additional stars if it was possible. Some prior programming experience is required (I think they already specify this as a prerequisite). That said, if you just done basic programming but never used GUI libraries before, this is THE BEST POSSIBLE INTRODUCTION to using libraries.

Must say a word about the course structure, material and the professors. They are all, yes all three of the professors, in one word: AMAZING!! Their tone is encouraging and it is a privilege learn from them.

The course structure, again 5 stars. A combination of the CORE and concept challenges cleared up any muddled up concepts in my head. So analyzing and understanding the support code was a breeze (it took me multiple attempts and umpteen reviews of the videos to get this far in the course but I am definitely more knowledgeable and competent than before I started)

The course material is really good.

I am highly motivated to complete this course and go for the next one provided by this dedicated team of fantastic teachers.

By Rolando J A A

Jul 09, 2018

I am glad I took this course. I enjoyed it. Very well accomplished/designed learning experience.

By Gaganjot S

May 01, 2016

Must-take object-oriented programming course for intermediate programmers.

By Lesly A F

Dec 31, 2015

Excellent course. Starts from scratch. nice clear explanations. Project based teaching is awesome.

Hats off to the UC faculty

By Terrill K

Feb 18, 2016

Excellent specialization

By Byambasuren G

Dec 07, 2016

really enjoyed!

By Jim L

Dec 02, 2015

Instructors are exemplary. This series is the best crafted that I've seen on-line. Makes me look forward to the next week.

By Suraj S

Dec 19, 2015

Great course to get new students started with Java. The project keeps the students engaged and interested.

By Shi Y

Jan 18, 2016

A very good course for people who are interested in Java

By Ritesh S

Dec 10, 2016

Concepts explained very nicely.

By Beira M

Sep 27, 2015

G

By Ardi G

Feb 18, 2016

Nice explanation of inheritance & consctructors

By Billman

Oct 27, 2015

Great course! The activities were nice, and challenging. The instructors did a good job of explaining things in diverse ways.

By Zhao Y

Apr 05, 2016

Super~

By DNS S

Feb 21, 2016

Excellent way to start learning Java

By Manuel M G

Jul 30, 2016

Great course, especially if you have some background in programming. With a lot of help from the lectures you develop a real life proyect since week 1, which is pretty awesome. The instructors' explanations are clear and simple. I had never had any contact with Java before and I feel like I have learned a lot. Thank you so much for this course!

By Saurabh R

Aug 21, 2017

Good Course content.

By anshul

Nov 22, 2015

Designed in a very interesting way. Really helps to understand the things and get in their flow.

By Eduardo S P

Feb 22, 2016

A very good course with a direct application in an interesting and engaging project. The video lectures are well structured and lots of additional information is provided. I would recommend this course to all java beginners.

By Marcelo K Y

May 14, 2018

In this course, I could consolidate the concepts of inheritance and polymorphism. The theory part was focused and concise, and the main important points had clear explanations and examples. I also enjoyed the programming part, which linked the theory with a very interesting feature to monitore earthquakes.