Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

226 - 250 of 894 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

Oct 22, 2015

Excellent!

By Gaurav P

Dec 09, 2015

Best at the current moment, considering the content and in comparison to the program being offered by other mooc's

By Chenxi L

Dec 13, 2015

Great course!

By Mohamed M M A K

Mar 05, 2016

An excellent course for taking a step forwards in Java programming. The instructors are great and I love the concept challenge videos as they help clarify new concepts.

The programming assignments are good although sometimes felt like they were not challenging enough.

The course material isn't that long and the course could easily be completed in 2-3 weeks or even less.

Despite that it is not an introductory course to Java, I was able to follow along smoothly without prior Java experience. However previous programming experience is required.

By Yubo T

Dec 12, 2015

Very good course

By satish

Dec 15, 2015

it was awesome. If you really want to lean java than pick up this course for learn with doing something.

By Ogbonna C E

Aug 06, 2017

This course made me understand java concepts in an easy way, and made me realize certain internal workings in Java I haven't seen elsewhere. I love their method/process of tutoring. Awesome job!

By Xavier O

Dec 24, 2015

Great course, excellent for a programmer with beginner Java skills, and perhaps a better intermediate grasp of another language such as Python, wanting to dive a bit deeper into Java with appropriate explanations.

By JIAXING S

Mar 14, 2016

The best specialization I've seen on Coursera. The course material is good and each to understand. Great 1st programming course for beginners.

By Bagus A S

Nov 09, 2015

It's just started on the first week, but the professors of this course already make me really excited to learn.

By Oleksii I

Nov 29, 2016

Amazing work!!! Guys, please do not stop and continue!

By Srikaanth P

May 12, 2017

Very easy to follow and learn.; especially lecturer Mrs. Mia's videos are very good and lively.

By Michael B

Nov 06, 2015

Very good "introduction" to Java programming. It definitely helps to be familiar with Java already and one should really be able to "read" code and deduce what it does in order to do well on the quizzes.

By Kareem Z

Sep 24, 2017

Amazing teachers.

By Zaid A

Apr 19, 2017

wonderful course i like the way of teaching........

By Jean-Baptiste B

Dec 01, 2017

Really well explained course on Java OOP concepts.

By Benjamin T

Mar 08, 2016

Very well structured, clear explanations, and great additional resources to test and repeat the material. Thank you very much!

By Idir B

Jan 30, 2016

The best course I saw in Coursera. A lot of efforts will deployed to make the learning experience optimal. Bravo for the professors.

By Amit V

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent approach to teaching Java; i loved the hands on, concept challenges and modules at the end of each course. I wish my professors in university were 1/2 as good as them.

By Kamlakar P

Sep 17, 2015

Awesome course!

By pengwei

Feb 10, 2016

The project is very interesting.