Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB
Oct 12, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR
Oct 13, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

301 - 325 of 1,217 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By George N

Aug 9, 2016

Thanks for this course, I never thought that Java programming would be so easy and clear to understand.

By Vivek B

Jul 27, 2016

The course is really good , you will learn many basic stuffs about object oriented programming concepts

By Thomas K

Mar 16, 2016

OOP in Java was a fantastic course! The syllabus was really good and the assignments were really cool!

By Ibrahim S E

Feb 5, 2016

I really enjoyed taking this course, very elegant style of teaching with such a nice hands-on project.

By FANGRONG P

Feb 1, 2016

The concepts are not new to me, but I really enjoy the real-world projects which makes a lot of sense.

By Chintan R

Nov 22, 2018

Good course for people willing to strengthen object-oriented concepts with the implementation of GUI.

By Prashant S

Jul 11, 2017

Great course & great teachers. Before the course, i was a rookie but now I'm more like a pro in java.

By Light0617

Jun 15, 2017

wonderful!!!! the PA is interesting and let me learn a lot, not only the programming but the design !

By ROUSHAN K

Oct 28, 2016

This is a nice and very challenging course. But definitely learned a lot. Thanks to the instructors..

By Samuel I

Mar 9, 2016

I really see the ease in which this somewhat complex concepts are explained and gradually introduced.

By Leonel S A S

Feb 16, 2016

This is a well thought and made course. I reccomend it to any programmer or data scientist out there!

By Priyank N

Nov 19, 2019

Great explanation every week I learn new that was not covered in my college so I learned with enjoy.

By VLAD.CIOBOATA

Aug 3, 2017

Nice interactive course. Building a really swell project using Processing library and Unfolding Map.

By Nilesh D

Jul 8, 2020

That's totally amazing and best way to learn Java and many more programs and i hope I'll do it more

By Sudharaka P

Dec 3, 2015

I loved this course and I believe I gained some valuable skills and knowledge by taking the course.

By Diego V d J

May 30, 2017

Great course with the right levels of difficulty. Certainly a must be for beginner Java developers

By Vijay B

Dec 9, 2015

A good practical overview of Java language with good exercises that emphasize the course contents.

By Vinay P S

Aug 6, 2020

This is an awesome course for OOPs in Java and the presented concepts are covered in very detail.

By Baljeet S

Dec 5, 2015

Great Instructor and a nice way to teach us. Liked every single lecture. Enjoyed the project too.

By 薛淞之

Jun 28, 2020

The course is creative and concrete. The content shows me a greater picture of JAVA programming.

By Javid

Apr 9, 2020

Great explanation of inheritance, polymorphism, memory models and other important aspects of OOP

By Rolando J A A

Jul 9, 2018

I am glad I took this course. I enjoyed it. Very well accomplished/designed learning experience.

By Richard M

Jan 3, 2018

This is a great course to just get familiar with the Eclipse IDE and Java programming in general

By anshul

Nov 22, 2015

Designed in a very interesting way. Really helps to understand the things and get in their flow.

By YERRA S D R

Apr 22, 2020

This course is really helpful to me and it learning this Java course in Coursera is relly cool.