Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ?

126 - 150 of 860 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Luis V

Jan 19, 2016

Great introduction to OOP with Java. This is not a pure theoretical course, neither a entirely practical course... It is both, so the instructors present the material with a good balance between theory and practice. Part of your assignment tasks is to explore on Java classes and learn how to use their methods (functions) in your own programs, which gives you a taste of a daily programmer job. The end of course project stimulates your creativity!

Nonetheless, this course will be challenging for someone who has not been exposed to any OOP concepts before. Make sure to practice a lot and go to the discussion forums, which are a great resource for help, at any moment you need it.

By Donatien L

Oct 13, 2015

All objects related concepts are really well explained and the exercices are well designed. A great course to follow

By christian E Z A

Feb 18, 2016

great course

By Stuart F

Feb 16, 2016

Having taken introductory courses in Java, this was the perfect stepping stone to greater confidence and skill with using Java libraries, and has also given me a greater understanding some underlying fundamentals such as scope. Highly recommended.

By deepakts

Sep 18, 2015

Good one

By Serjey G I

Oct 30, 2015

Terrific course!

By Pawan K T

Oct 24, 2016

Simple and playful tutorial.

By CHEN L

Jan 30, 2016

Very helpful introduction to OOP course

By Moemen A

Mar 06, 2016

This is a very well organized course, which shows clearly that the professors in charge have put real efforts to create its syllabus and training code. I have had a significant benefit by going through the course, and it helped me to implement OO techniques in a very detailed way. I highly recommend this course.

By Ranjeet S

Apr 07, 2016

Nice course for beginner. I, specially, like the memory model lectures.

By Bryce S

Oct 21, 2015

Good pace and interesting topics. Getting ready to take the next one.

By Ramakrishna R

Nov 05, 2015

This is an awesome course for OOPs

By Gregory B

Jan 22, 2016

This class was extremely well structured. The assignments provided excellent opportunities to thoroughly learn the course material. I would highly recommend this class.

By Francesco B

Oct 24, 2015

Nice course well explained. I liked more than other courses where they explain easy theory then you are lost in the assignments.

By Yosep K

Dec 13, 2015

I love how you learn to follow the code by writing where it's in memory. I've been stuck on classes work internally and now i'm glad how they work

By Dmitry S

Apr 01, 2016

Very Good!

By Sagar M

Apr 04, 2017

This course was awesome. They taught each and every concept in such a flawless way with additional conceptual challenges. Really loved it.

By Ali N

Nov 01, 2015

Great course for basic knowledge about Java programming.

By Victor J N P

Nov 18, 2015

I've learned a lot an it was fun to work with actual data :)

By Arunesh P

Feb 17, 2017

Best course to learn object oriented programming

By Dzejlan

Dec 23, 2015

This is one of the best series of courses I came along in online MOOC platform, such a brilliant course, this whole specialization is brilliant, such a interesting projects, I'm disappointed that I live in country that isn't that much wealthy to help this Specialization and to be able to do Capstone Project , but I wish all the best hope to finish all in time, this is in my top 3 online MOOC Courses and I saw a lot of them.

I wish all the best to this team and people that made this possible.

By Ying D

Nov 04, 2017

very clear and easy to follow

By georgiyd91@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2015

So far so good. I am really enjoying the review.

By Andrey M

Nov 01, 2015

It was very useful and well structured course. I'd like to thank all creators of this program for their excellent work.

By Syed A