Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

126 - 150 of 1,121 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Aydar A

Jan 05, 2018

Good course. It was quite basic for me for the most part, but I was just refreshing my java knowledge. Perfect for beginner, teachers obviously put a lot of effort into creating this course.

By Teio W

Jul 19, 2017

Enjoyable class from teachers presented in a simple organise material. Good choice of assignment keeps me engage to read more and keep programming. Keep up good work. Cant wait for next class

By Pei Z

May 16, 2019

The course is great with comprehensive explain and enough freedom to customize your own study pace. The homework part is also flexible, you can do as many experiments on coding as you like!

By Siddharth S

Aug 09, 2016

I loved the way instructors designed, developed and delivered course. This course gave me really good insights into object oriented programming. And I thoroughly enjoyed working on project.

By Rui X

Aug 05, 2017

The courses is really good. Moreover, I really love the three lecturers. They make the course really interesting and clear. Many questions that I struggled with were solved in this course.

By Soumyadeep R

Jul 20, 2017

It's undoubtedly the best MOOC I've ever taken. I had taken courses from MIT and Harvard,even theirs' don't match with this course. I was lucky to get know about this course at right time

By Nicholas L

Apr 23, 2017

Great class overall. I found the week on inheritance to be especially good. Very clear explanations, examples, and illustrations which is so important in a fundamental CS class like this.

By Bosen Y

Jul 22, 2019

Great course for intermediate learner. The professor arrange all resources in a great way. I even found myself learning more efficiently here than in my school (a top 30 US university).

By Muhammed S

Sep 17, 2015

Good work by the team behind this. I express my sincere gratitude towards all the ones behind this, and would like to express special thanks to my beloved professors.

-Muhammed Swafuvan

By AKSHAT B

Nov 06, 2016

Absolutely brilliant teaching , clearing of basic concepts. A must take course for someone who has learned a little bit of java previously and is ready to dive in to the depths of it.

By Manel Z

Feb 13, 2016

Great course to understand the basics of OO programming. Hierarchy, Interface, Abstract Class notions very well pointed out.

Note: Wouldn't recommend if you are an absolute beginner.

By Josh B

Feb 01, 2016

Great course and provides some complex and awesome context. This is my first programming course in java, although it has taken me a bit to get my syntax right, it has gone smoothly.

By Ruopeng Z

Mar 29, 2016

This class is superb! While doing the project, I am learning concepts gradually and the functionality of my project is also growing during the process. Perfect learning experience.

By Steven Y

Jun 19, 2017

if you want to learn OOP for more detail and significant, this course is right for you. They provide unique practice that really help me to understand how the code works in java.

By Amit V

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent approach to teaching Java; i loved the hands on, concept challenges and modules at the end of each course. I wish my professors in university were 1/2 as good as them.

By Danilo M

Jan 22, 2016

This course is an opportunity to learn how to use objects and clearly understand the purpose of its use.

Provides the necessary tools for programming with the best practices.

By C S

Oct 27, 2015

A great course before beggining working in Java. Well structured with a great demo project. The course clearly illustrates the use and practice of OOP concepts in a fun way.

By Manuel I C C

Jul 28, 2020

Great programming assignments, really goes in depth explaining all you need to know for OOP and Java ay an intermediate level. Also teaches you the importance of libraries.

By Santhosh S

Jun 23, 2020

It was really helpful course for beginners to grasp the knowledge of Object Oriented Programming trough Java and as well as for experts to brush up their knowledge in OOPs.

By Schitiz S

Sep 27, 2018

This course was one of the best course I have ever taken. The content of this course is very rudimentary example of OOPs. The project does fair to Object Oriented Thinking.

By Ossama I

Dec 26, 2019

It was informative course with many challenges, I learned a lot of things about Oriented Object Programming in Java .Thanks UC San Diego and Coursera for this opportunity

By Nikhil P

Jun 04, 2018

Great course and lives up to the title, cleared all my object oriented programming doubts and learnt to write clean and better code and the course has a great project too!

By José M G

Aug 03, 2018

You can practice the theory with very interesting examples. The course is self-contained. It is very worthwhile to develop your own Java routines from the first sessions.

By youssof r

Mar 18, 2016

Comprehensive, enough amount of quizes and suitable assignment to ensure your understanding and give you enough practice. Nicely planned. I have really benefited from it.

By Sławek B

Mar 03, 2016

One of the best online courses I've seen. At first, total beginners can be a bit overwhelmed, but you gain confidence every week. Big thanks to UC San Diego and Coursera!