Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

151 - 175 of 873 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Andrey M

Nov 01, 2015

It was very useful and well structured course. I'd like to thank all creators of this program for their excellent work.

By Syed A

Sep 15, 2015

Excellent

By Dmitriy G

Jul 23, 2017

It's good course for starting. In the course explaining as use graphical interfaces and work with maps.

By Eduardo J C Á

Dec 23, 2016

I'm still in the course but I have never seen a start so easy in programming, they guide you in everything, they have a path for you, now this, is education. :)

By Ya B

Jul 01, 2018

Great course!

By Kaido Z

Dec 14, 2017

Well built up explanation of inheritance with good examples and coding tasks.

By Faizan T

Feb 22, 2016

Better than any other java course.

By Kishwar K

Feb 06, 2016

Very good course

By osamah

Dec 16, 2015

it was awesome. Thanks a lot !

By royh

Dec 05, 2016

i really like the coding project in this course. the project is collecting everthing you learn from the lecture, after you refreshing them all and doing the project, you will find out you have the you java skills re-polished and shape.

By Alexander T

Jun 09, 2016

awesome practice and good GUI framework

By Roberto B P

Jan 16, 2016

Great course. The exercises have found it very good. I have learned a lot

By Evgenii L

Oct 27, 2015

I'm really exited about this course! Really professional team which provide us very interesting tasks! brilliant! Not....Tremendous!!

By Varun S

Aug 19, 2016

An awesome course to refresh or learn oops concepts ,the project is also very good and the best thing is that the course is taken by amazing teachers.

By Dhaval D

May 18, 2016

I liked the course a lot. It is really useful for intermediate java learners and most importantly I made some thing very cool which I liked the most.

By Олег Т

Jun 11, 2016

By Cinzano

Dec 12, 2015

Great course.

By liangyi f

Jun 12, 2016

good lecture, and good explanation. Fix my two knowledge missing point even after i graduate from college.

By Rishabh B

Feb 14, 2016

A ​well-knit coursework and pretty straightforward approach towards understanding concepts in OOP that comes with a good project to practice on.

By AKASH K S

May 31, 2017

One of the best course I have done on coursera. Everything is awesome about the course final project helped to extensively test my skill. This course is for learner with basic knowledge in java.

By Garmastewira

Dec 21, 2015

Easy to comprehend, full of examples, a lot of challenges, excellent teachers, and everything! I love this course's programming assignments as those assignments show me directly the "real" application of each week's topic.

The most extremely valuable thing that I got from this course is that I now can read documentation properly. I thought that reading documentation is tedious, but now I know that it is very fundamental.

By Muhammed S

Sep 17, 2015

Good work by the team behind this. I express my sincere gratitude towards all the ones behind this, and would like to express special thanks to my beloved professors.

-Muhammed Swafuvan

By Piyush T

Oct 12, 2015

realy cleared my concepts which I wasn't able to clear from past 4 years

By Yatin

Mar 12, 2016

I like the content and programming assignments.

By Aryadip S

Dec 21, 2015

It was a wonderful course! Kudos to all the professor! I wish i was lucky enough to be under the tutelage of such great Professor! Loved how lucidly, they made us understand Java.

Special mention to Christine. You were absolutely fantastic!

And to the Coursera Community. You guys rock! Bless you guys. You have no idea how much you are helping students like me.

Looking forward towards more such tutorials.

PS: Can i expect J2EE tutorials from these professors? And also, some course on Algorithms from these Professors? It will be very helpful.

Thanks,