Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

201 - 225 of 871 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By liangyi f

Jun 12, 2016

good lecture, and good explanation. Fix my two knowledge missing point even after i graduate from college.

By Enrique F

Sep 22, 2016

Excellent Course!!! Very Challenging.

By Varun S

Aug 19, 2016

An awesome course to refresh or learn oops concepts ,the project is also very good and the best thing is that the course is taken by amazing teachers.

By Dhaval D

May 18, 2016

I liked the course a lot. It is really useful for intermediate java learners and most importantly I made some thing very cool which I liked the most.

By TerryTang

Jun 09, 2016

very nice

By Олег Т

Jun 11, 2016

By Light0617

Jun 15, 2017

wonderful!!!! the PA is interesting and let me learn a lot, not only the programming but the design !

By Alex Z

Jan 08, 2016

Great course, thank you! What i really like it's in this course you learn by doing interesting practical projects, not just listening theory only.

By Roger H

Nov 23, 2015

Very sad that this is no longer free

By Shen J

Sep 30, 2015

boolean goodJavaIntroClass = true;

By Yogeshwar S

Jul 10, 2017

really really helpful course for java programming

By Manel Z

Feb 13, 2016

Great course to understand the basics of OO programming. Hierarchy, Interface, Abstract Class notions very well pointed out.

Note: Wouldn't recommend if you are an absolute beginner.

By Ranjeet S

Apr 07, 2016

Nice course for beginner. I, specially, like the memory model lectures.

By Bryce S

Oct 21, 2015

Good pace and interesting topics. Getting ready to take the next one.

By georgiyd91@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2015

So far so good. I am really enjoying the review.

By Andrey M

Nov 01, 2015

It was very useful and well structured course. I'd like to thank all creators of this program for their excellent work.

By Syed A

Sep 15, 2015

Excellent

By Ramakrishna R

Nov 05, 2015

This is an awesome course for OOPs

By Dmitriy G

Jul 23, 2017

It's good course for starting. In the course explaining as use graphical interfaces and work with maps.

By Andrés M F A

Aug 07, 2017

Great teaching strategy

By GUO C

Jan 23, 2016

Perfect course!

By Joao A

Mar 12, 2016

Very good series for learning Java and OO Principles. The big application approach is very interesting as we can see the whole picture even when we know little yet. The interviews with software engineers are very enlightening.

By Prathamesh R

Dec 08, 2015

Just Completed 1 week , awesome content and lectures , best

By Alexander T

Jun 09, 2016

awesome practice and good GUI framework

By Josh G

Dec 19, 2015

A challenging course but very rewarding