Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK
May 4, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

EE
Jan 21, 2020

Very interesting. This course offer an useful overview of Oil & Gas industry, covering all relevant aspects.\n\nEven the Coursera platform support wonderfully videos and lessons.\n\nEmanuele Volterra

1351 - 1375 of 1,388 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By Ali F

May 23, 2017

This is a wonderful course

By KUMAR S

By Ismael I

Oct 30, 2017

great

By Mohanapriya.K

good

By Gudisa V K

May 2, 2020

good

By Hafiz H A

Dec 27, 2016

good

By Milind V

Apr 25, 2020

Na

By Ricardo O

Jan 7, 2016

In my opinion the positive thing of this course is bringing a very important area to Coursera. But there are some things that I believe could and should be improved. First, Duke has presented courses that have a lot of content, and it is a bit disapointing to only see two modules on this course. At least four modules should be presented. Also the weekly content should be more extended. In most parts of the course there are a lot of technical concepts, and the course lacks any type of resources. It should had been included the lecture slides and also external sources for further student development. Just having the videos to learn doesn't provide - again in my opinion, a very engaging learning experience. A small detail - in part of the course page the course is entitled Oil & Gas Industries, while in another place is entitled Oil & Gas Industry. A small detail but it should be corrected. This is my opinion.

By Talia B

Jan 12, 2021

I think the topic is really interesting and the professor is more than knowledgeable, but I really found it to be out of order. There were times that I ended up moving all my notes around because the flow of the class was a little backwards. Why would you go through a Volumetric Approach in one of the last modules? I would have appreciated learning about that in Week 1 when we were learning about how to remove oil and gas. The estimation analysis, I am guessing, would happen then. But instead we learned about it in markets. I can see the connection but I think the flow of the class may need to be revisited.

By manisha y

Apr 15, 2019

It could have been more detailed like the explanation about Brent and WTI. Process could have been made more simpler to understand.