Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK

May 05, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

BK

From this course I have learn much more information regarding the drilling sites, production , reservoir contents and more specially Economic price rise and fall in this industry. I thank to Coursera

126 - 150 of 1,093 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By Salah E B

Apr 11, 2020

One of the best courses I had!

The context wasn't very thorough, but it wasn't basic too, it challenges you to commit and to look for more information.

I loved it! Thank you very much for the course, I wish I can attend more related ones

By Muhammad A T

Dec 28, 2018

An excellent course to know about different entities involved in oil and gas businesses and gave a very brief knowledge about the working of oil and gas industry and the chain involved from production to distribution among customers.

By Erick G

Jul 05, 2020

Excellent course, the professor was really good, the videos helped me a lot to understand the oil and gas industry. Doing the final work also helped me to improve my writing skills, and to learn how to make a good company's profile.

By Anindya M

This course is essential for the individuals who are in the oil and gas sector to understand the basic working behind the scenes. Individuals who are looking for knowledge in this sector, its just a simple and easy to learn course.

By Sanskar M

Jun 21, 2020

This is an amazing course which can be used to understand how this massive Oil & Gas Industry works. I am also very thankful to Lincoln Pratson sir for giving us such precise and worthyful knowledge about the oil and gas industry .

By Krishnaprasad K P

Aug 17, 2020

This is a good course for a beginner who want to research or study about oil and Gas natural industry. It includes how the crude present in earth, different tyde of oil and gas, its extraction, refining, transporting, costing etc.

By Muhammad U A N

Jun 06, 2020

The course was very much informative. The best thing was it’s to the point lectures. It doesn’t indulge itself in side-wise less important matter. The operational part was greatly discribed. I’m honoured to be part of this course.

By Raafe K K

Sep 27, 2017

The course was well structured and helped me understand the nuances of operations in the Oil & Gas sector. Recommended for personal achievement, beginners, university students and learners looking to advance their knowledge base.

By Jonas R

Apr 18, 2020

A very nice approach to the Oil and Gas industry, covering details from it's extraction to the final market prices influence aspects. The professor Mr. Pratson is indeed much experienced and has a good way to demonstrate it.

By Ashish K M

Jan 19, 2017

This course cleared lots of concepts behinds oil and gas industries. the provided contain was enough to clear this course.thanks prof.Lincoln Pratson and duke university for providing such a great and knowledge course.

THANKS

By Srushti S s

Jun 15, 2020

I have learnt many things regarding the refineries. Licoln Pratson you were amazing throughout the course. It was really helpful that you went on the field/industries for our help.

Thank you Coursra for this worthful course.

By JAVIER A M

Aug 05, 2020

Excelente curso. Soy Ingeniero de Petróleos de la Universidad Surcolombiana de Neiva, Colombia y el curso es completo para quienes desean aprender sobre la industria y la volatilidad de los precios del crudo en el mercado.

By SURIYA V

Jun 15, 2020

A Special thanks to Lincoln Pratson, he explain all core concepts in O&G company. I learned lot of stuff from his, so finally i really enjoyed this course. Thank you once again for guiding me throughout this course journey

By SREERAMULU N D

Jan 26, 2017

Very Interesting Course and must for Oil & Gas Professionals in order to understand broadly about how to find oil reserves & exploration and Production. A well constructive approach by the Instructor is a major advantage.

By Budda.Akaanksha

The course helped me in understanding the oil and gas Industry.I learnt many new topics .The course was aimed and done in view of all students. Knowledge was the professor was vast and his english was easy to understand

By Dajok S B

The course subjects were briefly described with key components in a professional manner that its easy for learners to understand. The use of objects, pictures, tables and graphs made the learning even more interesting.

By Erika J A H

Nov 19, 2019

This course help me to understand more about the core business of the Oil and Gas companies, it´s a great overview of the value chain of the industry. The professor made a great job explained everything in an easy way.

By Josué F G R

Aug 05, 2020

I liked it a lot. I learned new information about this kind of energy and about all variables that affect the markets. Also, I found very interesting information about the process involved in oil and gas extraction.

By ABDUS S

Mar 12, 2020

Very informative course, the most i like about it is the way of defining with the help of images and videos. I appreciate the work and want to thank coursera for giving me an opportunity to add beneficial skills.

By Gabriel K

Quite impactful, insightful, elaborate, and well detailed on the subject matter. Grateful for the opportunity this course has offered in terms of information awareness with the operations and market activities.

By Thomo L

Dec 19, 2017

I found it helpful especially in understanding the global oil and gas industry. Simultaneously i was studying another course at my university and doing this course assisted me and helped me excel at the course.

By RODRIGO E P M

Jul 27, 2020

As a civil engineer dedicated to the study of pavements and asphalt materials, I feel that this course was a perfect complement to my knowledge. It allowed me to learn more about the oil and gas industry.

By Anuj S

Jun 08, 2020

This course is beneficial for job seekers and graduating student in field of chemical,petrochemical engineering. it provide a whole overview of finding, procurement, storage and transmission of crude oil.

By Joykumar L P

Aug 09, 2020

I would like to learn pro-vital course because I know it’s succor for my future job when I’ve completed courses then I obey that it’s is elegant and very knowledgable provided me so I liked this course.

By Diego M Z

Jun 27, 2020

It is one of the most complete courses in the area of ​​hydrocarbons, I really had a great time, I liked each of the videos and I was motivated by the research, which is why the best OIL AND GAS course