Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK
May 4, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

BK
May 9, 2020

From this course I have learn much more information regarding the drilling sites, production , reservoir contents and more specially Economic price rise and fall in this industry. I thank to Coursera

176 - 200 of 1,237 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By Paschal I

Apr 14, 2020

The course is a good overview of the oil and gas industry operations & markets. Got a very good insight of the midstream and downstream sectors. Instructors notes & slides were very helpful.

By Telma A

Feb 16, 2019

My first time doing picking a course in this platform and i liked it, it helps, the materials are excellent and the quiz match with what we learnt. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

By Mohammed I P

Jul 20, 2020

The course explain the various method and criteria use for removing oil and gas. And operations applying on crude oil to refine it. The course explain very nicely and course is informative.

By Daulet K

Jul 26, 2020

Very interesting but short course. The most part I liked was peer-graded assessment. Started to think out of the box in order to prepare it. Good instructor too and well-prepared material.

By Juan C M B

Dec 17, 2019

es un muy buen curso donde puedes mejorar tus habilidades en el campo de la industria petrolera, el profesor te explica muy detalladamente como funcionan todos los sectores de la industria

By Ernest O

Nov 17, 2019

This is an awesome introductory course about the latest O&G industry operations and markets. I am truly benefited from this course and I highly recommend everyone to enroll in this course!

By Nta O H

Jan 6, 2017

Thanks to found this course here. Great Course and good excellent teaching from a well experience lecturer. Happy to be part of these course to enlighten me on the world of oil activities.

By Karunya M

Oct 30, 2020

The course helped me to get an overview of the oil and gas industry. It was excellent. The presentation was also very good which helped me to complete the course with that much interest.

By Eoin R

Jul 28, 2020

Oustanding programme , Lincoln is a great instructor . The depth of knowledge inside this 2 week course is immense . I learned a lot and have developed a great insight into the Industry.

By MD T A

Apr 15, 2020

I learnt the oil and gas overall process with a clear and concise method and adopt a new learning technique. It enhances my knowledge and understanding of the oil and gas industry process

By Ahmad S J

Aug 18, 2019

The course objective and the topics it covered is very helpful to me as an Engineer. It gives me the realistic approach and knowledge that helps me in better understanding of the subject.

By EDWARD A G M

Aug 1, 2017

Accompanied Professor Lincoln Preston, I get additional knowledge of this course is great for learning about the oil and gas industry so it is recommended for anyone who wants to learn

By Carlos R

Dec 30, 2020

It's a very nice course. I learned a lot about the Oil&Gas markets and how different factors affect the Oil&Gas price which is very important to understand how it affects global economy.

By WAN I S B W M

Sep 7, 2020

Course is very structured and thorough. But i wish the notes are provided in pdf so that students can refer in the future. I enjoyed the course and learnt so many things about the field.

By MOHIT G

Mar 29, 2020

Excellent course for the people who are looking there future in oil and gas domain. Greatly explained and the course content is easy to understand. Thank you for introducing this course.

By Paulus R W A

Nov 4, 2020

thaks for Duke Universty and coursera,from this course i earn many knowledge and certificate.it can give me more skill about oil and gas industry from drill until market of oil and gas.

By SAGNIK G

Jul 28, 2020

Mr. Lincoln Pratson has delivered the amazing contents in a much simplified manner.....I am very much thankful to him, for providing such beautiful knowledge in amy area of interent....

By SOURISH B

Jul 11, 2020

This is a strongly recommended course for those students who are interested in oil and gas industries and markets. The course modules and lectures are beautifully framed and explained.

By Yabrifa D O

Jul 12, 2017

An excellently delivered course with a nice course structure. Thanks to Coursera, I'm now more aware of the trends within the oil and gas industry. #Everyone_can_be_a_Courserascholar!

By ARNAB S

Sep 11, 2020

This is a really good lessons for the beginners.The course not only deals with the oil and gas industry as well as gives an idea about the market risk and the future of the industry.

By Fernando A R

Aug 10, 2020

It provides an overall perspective of both technical and financial aspects related to Oil & Gas. I strongly recommend it to those starting to research potential companies to invest.

By hanuk

Jul 28, 2020

Don't you know anything about oil and gas exploration, then this course will make it ease.

I have learnt a lot about oil and gas industry in this course.

I have a live like experience.

By vipin k k

May 2, 2020

Very good course to know in simple language.

Explained very nicely and if you miss,you can review again .

I will recommend all my colleagues and in friend circle to go for this course.

By Luis F C O

Nov 23, 2019

Very interesting and complete course. Hope the Duke University develop more courses about Upstream area with the same methodology. Congrats and thank you for the information provided

By Bernabe A B J

Aug 10, 2020

This course is very helpful to learn about the complete details of Oil and Gas Operations. This will help me improve my knowledge on the proper handling my tasks on Fuel management.