Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK

May 05, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

EE

Jan 22, 2020

Very interesting. This course offer an useful overview of Oil & Gas industry, covering all relevant aspects.\n\nEven the Coursera platform support wonderfully videos and lessons.\n\nEmanuele Volterra

201 - 225 of 997 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By 黃泓溥(Huang, H

Aug 30, 2018

What a wonderful course for an overview on the oil & gas industry. The instructor has intimate knowledge and has the course well organized. 5 stars reviewed!

By PARMAR P S

Jun 07, 2020

I am very thankful for Coursera who gave me an opportunity to learn this course. Really very nice content.

Thank you Lincoln Pratson Sir and Duke University.

By Noah P

Jul 22, 2020

I have had an in-depth knowledge about production as well as marketing of oil and gas. The best program so far and I will recommend it to my peers any day.

By Vaibhav s h

May 15, 2020

I learned oil and gases industry operation and market.in which drilling purification exploration their cost each deatil information I got from this course.

By Erin L

Feb 23, 2016

Great review of the industry. I learned a lot! The course was a general introduction, but has inspired to dive deeper into certain aspects of the industry.

By Nikita G

good course to join

gives and full description of oil and gas

upstream , midstream and downstream

and provides basics of marketing in oil and gas industry

By luis l

great course! as an online learning is everything that I was expecting: good quality videos, good audio, didactic information and relativily updated data.

By F i f a

Apr 08, 2020

All thanks and appreciation to the doctor for this course, wishing God to extend his life and enjoy his health and well-being. Greetings, Faraj Al-Sheikhi

By Akshay V

Sep 02, 2018

Very good and informative course, which has thoroughly improved my understanding of the oil and gas industry!

Overall really pleased to take this course!

By Meetkumar J P

Mar 31, 2017

Thank you for giving me excellent information on oil & gas industry operations.It is very helpful course for me. Thank you Duke university and coursera.

By Mr I Y B

Feb 18, 2017

This course is very good for beginners in the Oil and Gas industry. Your best option to leap into the oil and gas sector is beginning with this course.

By Gustavo C

Jul 26, 2020

Great course, it helps newcomers and also experienced workers of the oil & gas industry to get all the picture, more far than just the basic operations

By jeffrey s

Jul 11, 2020

Excellent course. Very detailed and informative, I learned a lot about every aspect of the business from the engineering aspect to the business aspect.

By Fazla Z A

Jul 10, 2020

It was a very well oriented course. Learned a lot about oil and gas companies, their technologies and their different levels of operations and markets.

By Stallone S

A great introduction to oil and gas industry. The course covered all the basics from how oil is extracted and how it is processed in a detailed manner.

By ADITI S

Jun 07, 2020

Amazing course! Being a chemical engineering student this course has helped me a lot and cleared my mind as to where i actually see myself in future:)

By Muhammad A

Jul 10, 2019

It was a nice course covering almost all aspects of hydrocarbons starting from exploration to marketing. Thanks a lot to Coursera and Duke University.

By Praise D A K

Jun 01, 2017

Great course. Great professor. I really had fun while taking this class. The quizzes were a bit hard, but you just need to study. Thanks to coursera.

By Siddharth B

Sep 03, 2017

The course is well structured in to different modules.Markets scenario explained in the module helps you to understand the overall market condition.

By Yeison E R C

Jan 16, 2020

I recommend the course, very important information and both the tools and the material supplied, for those who like the oil industry I recommend it

By Nirav J

Oct 06, 2018

Very Good Contents and very nicely explained. Recommending to those who are at the beginner level and want to build a career in Oil & Gas Industry.

By ANKIT A

Jun 24, 2020

I would like to thank our Professor sir! It was nice learning experience with you. I wish I can attend your class in my PG courses. Thank You Sir!

By Jobayed H B

I learned so many things about the oil production industry from this course. The instructor was on point in his lectures. I recommend this course.

By Kazi F A

Jun 09, 2020

It is really a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor was well spoken. Now I have a clear idea about oil & gas sector. THANK YOU!