Back to Open Source Software Development Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Open Source Software Development Methods by The Linux Foundation

In this course, we will define what open source software is, we will go over the history of open source software and what benefits it has provided to the world’s technology infrastructure over the decades. The course aims to teach you how to work in open source projects productively and gain a lot of benefits from it, and really understand what the advantages are. You will learn about collaboration best practices, and how to encourage diversity in open source projects. We will discuss the different licensing models that are available, as this will help you decide what the best license is for your project. We will talk about methods that are commonly used, such as Continuous Integration, and use of GitHub and other hosting providers as a central meeting place for open source projects, and we will provide some examples of successful open source projects....

AS
May 3, 2020

Honestly, this course provide introduces the world of open source projects and development to anyone. It's really explanative and helpful. I suggest this to anyone who want to understand what OSS is.

HM

The course contains comprehensive knowledge about development methods in Open Source Software. I would recommend this course for anyone who is interested in OSS and wants to have a proper idea of it.

151 - 175 of 237 Reviews for Open Source Software Development Methods

Jul 12, 2020

Great

By swati d

Sep 30, 2021

Good

By Асембек А

Feb 7, 2021

Good

By Chethan D

Oct 8, 2020

good

By VISHNU.S

Sep 21, 2020

good

By HARISH R

Jul 23, 2020

good

By chakka c

Jun 4, 2020

good

By Akanksha G

good

By REETHIKA A

Apr 4, 2020

good

By Masooth A T B

Aug 27, 2019

good

By SOURADEEP T

Jun 13, 2019

Aug 31, 2020

t

By Eugene K

Dec 25, 2020

A good course overall but takes too long to finish for the new knowledge I'm getting. I would appreciate it to be more concise. Some questions were unclear how to answer and were more about personal preference than clear and formal actions that are suitable for the situation.

By Virginia G

Oct 31, 2020

It is a bit boring how stuff is explained here, in any case I really need to learn it and I find it easier in courses like this, where everything is ordered, rather than jumping from website to website