Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterLab, RStudio IDE, Git, GitHub, and Watson Studio. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Skills Network Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Studio and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

RR
Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

AJ
Sep 15, 2020

Absolutely Loved this course!! Challenging at times to keep up with all the terms and processes. The course provided great insight into Data Science. Would highly recommend it as your first course.

301 - 325 of 3,633 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Ramon M

Apr 19, 2020

Great course! I learned about so many open source tools for data analysis. I also learned how to use these open source tools at a basic level. FOUNDATION SECURED!

By Yasmin

Apr 19, 2020

Clear and easy to follow course. very rich in resources and self-learning materials to sharpen your knowledge even if totally new to programming and data science

By Min T A

Feb 14, 2021

I gained a lot of valuable information with regard to the tools and scope of data science. With that, I now have more confidence in my data science profession.

By Mina W

Jun 23, 2020

I enjoyed this level a lot and am astonished by the capabilities of the Watson Studio. I am really glad that I can finally find my way on these powerful tools.

By Andrew K J

Jul 12, 2019

I found this course very useful. I especially enjoyed practice with new markdown tools in Jupyter which were very useful for creating well formatted notebooks.

By Ramiro B

Sep 22, 2019

As elementary as it could be, it's a great introduction to Jupyter Notebooks indeed. But starting from this, I could see farther the reaching of Data Science.

By Patrícia P A

Jan 17, 2019

São muitos recursos e um mundo de ferramentas. O curso passa pela mais relevantes e propõe atividades práticas em cada uma delas. Muito bom ter este panorama.

By Lydia

Jan 31, 2021

Informative course: the course introduces Jupiter Notebook and R Studio. Good start to learn more about programming languages that are used in data science!

By VINESH P

May 16, 2020

A great course especially for starting with Jupyter Notebook, Zapellin or R studio. IBM Watson Studio is definitively the most crucial aspect of this course

By Azhan A

Sep 5, 2019

Awesome course. Lots of Learning. These free sources adds lots of ease to your work, its like everything tool you can think of is present in a single place.

By Onkar S

Aug 23, 2019

Really helpful in terms of getting a knowledge about the main core technologies used in Data Science.I would recommend this course to the absolute beginner.

By Girish P B

Jun 26, 2019

Course content was good, but IBM watson contents need to be updated and lots of issues while creating project. hopefully it gets resolved for other students

By Valentine D

Apr 19, 2020

A very good course for anyone who wants an understanding of the opensource tools available for Data Science. I had a very good experience and learnt a lot.

By jorge

Apr 6, 2020

It was helpfull to know which tools you can use, a small presentation of all of them. After, you have to find new tutorial to learn about them more deeply

By Ekwoge E B

Jun 10, 2019

This course help open a very broad area of tools to use for Data Science I had no idea even existed. I am thrilled and motivated to work on this even more

By Nina L

May 16, 2019

Excellent introduction to basic open source tools used in data science; however, the content needs updating since the UI of IBM Watson Studio has changed.

By Raíssa B T

Mar 3, 2020

I liked very much the content. I know is an easy course, but I'd like to see more of what can be done, the languages etc. Thanks IBM for all this effort!

By Muhamma S

Feb 21, 2020

This is very useful course because I am only know the tool like juypter notebook , but course tells me about other tools like zepline , R studio , Amzing

By Jorge A C C

Nov 30, 2019

Muy recomendable, me encanto la oportunidad de poder hacer uso del Jupyter, Zeppelin, R en los entornos como el Skill Network Labs y el IBM Watson Studio

By Mayank A

Jan 24, 2019

This course of Open source tools for data science was very helpful in knowing about the tools and technologies which are used in data science techniques.

By Avoaja U c

Dec 13, 2018

Very informative course, It offers a gentle introduction to machine learning. And IBM has provided tools worth thousands of dollars for free to learners.

By Rama C S

Oct 4, 2020

Very informative, organically designed, and has useful lab work to make a great start. I particularly liked the crisp content along with precise videos.

By Daniels E C

May 13, 2019

This was informative. I like the tools, as my computers usually can't hold many programs. Some courses are too focused on softskills. This was tangible.

By M. M R

Jun 25, 2020

This course taught me how to create Jupiter notebook and use it, very helpful as I'm just a beginner and don't know how to use Jupiter notebooks before