Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterLab, RStudio IDE, Git, GitHub, and Watson Studio. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Skills Network Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Studio and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

GC

Apr 12, 2020

It serves perfecty its aim that is giving a first glance of the open course tools for data science. Of course each tool is briefly touched and it hands over the student the duty to deepen each tool.

RR

Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

451 - 475 of 3,849 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Reza J

Nov 24, 2021

It was really useful for me. I got familiar with most of the tools for data science that I've never heard about them.

By Lina V S

Jun 5, 2021

Excellent contents and hands on practices with basic features.

Thanks a lot for facilitating in very reasonable price!

By Maximiliano E

Feb 19, 2020

It gave a good basic insight into the tools and the assignments were fun. So far I am enjoying this course very much.

By Pavel P

Sep 4, 2019

Wonderful explanation of basics of open-source tools. Really like. The best is the homework at the end of the course.

By Vijayalakshmi K

Jun 24, 2019

Though slightly technical for beginners, considering the learning required to complete the course, it is really good.

By Maneesh H D

Mar 8, 2019

Good introduction to a variety of tools. Watson studio is really a great resource for learning the data science tools

By Loure P

Jul 17, 2020

Whew! This was the BEST! I learned how to code in Jupyter Notebook using Python. Now I know what these tools are!

By Ankit R

May 8, 2020

Get to know about resources offered by IBM cloud and basics of notebook.

Happy with the course content for beginners.

By Utkal b

Jan 19, 2020

good. educator must show each step how to open jupyter notebook. and also provide the link of that which is missing

By Bora Ö

Jan 7, 2020

I'm happy to learn those wonderful tools. They look really helpful and funny. I can't wait to explore more and more!

By Allakhverdov R

Jun 13, 2021

Excellent course, good presentation of the material, as a beginner I began to understand Data science more. Thanks!

By Anandhu H

May 3, 2021

Great course explaining the tools used in data science. introduced Rstudio, Jupyter notebook, github, watson studio

By Hrucha M

Apr 21, 2020

Gives a basic, yet good understanding of the available tools online without having to download any of the software.

By Munganda P K

Sep 29, 2019

This course was just Amazing it gave me a quick tour about how to use IBM data science Experience and its notebooks

By Adrian R

Aug 3, 2021

There is a wide range of tools available for data analysis. Much of these were dicussed in details in this course.

By Bruce M

Jul 31, 2021

The course is well put together, it introduces learners to the world of data science in a manner that is engaging.

By Dustin E

Jun 25, 2021

A very informative course, and a great introduction to a ton of tools to use in data science.

Thank you very much!

By Daksh G

Mar 1, 2020

This course has laid good foundation to use and leverage the open source tools needed for practicing data science.

By sarang j

Dec 29, 2019

The course is perfectly designed to provide an overview of the state-of-the-art open source tools in data science.

By Mukul B

Oct 13, 2018

I had Jupyter Notebook installed on my laptop for months. Thanks to this course, now I know what do to with it ;-)

By Anwer A

Sep 7, 2018

I learned a lot about what tools are available to do Data Science, and what IBM has to offer for the same purpose.

By Ayman T

Nov 9, 2020

After finishing such a great course, I can say that now I'm starting to apply data science concepts without fear.

By Bridget D

This is a great class for those who want to become familiar with the tools and software that data scientists use.

By Leandro L R

May 8, 2020

Excellent. I suggest to update the slides with Watson studio. It took me a while to find where the notebooks are.

By Pablo C S

Mar 19, 2020

De maneira rápida e didática expõe as ferramentas abertas disponibilizadas pela IBM, na área de Ciência de Dados.