Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterLab, RStudio IDE, Git, GitHub, and Watson Studio. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Skills Network Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Studio and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

GC

Apr 12, 2020

It serves perfecty its aim that is giving a first glance of the open course tools for data science. Of course each tool is briefly touched and it hands over the student the duty to deepen each tool.

RR

Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

476 - 500 of 3,844 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Keith C

Feb 4, 2020

This course gave me the confidence that I can in fact learn about Data Science and excites me to learn even more!

By Hannah H

Jan 27, 2021

I loved getting to use some of these tools hands-on. Can't wait for future classes where we'll go more in depth.

By Arving M G E

Apr 17, 2020

Its a fantastic way to start learning about R, Python, Spark, R Studio. Watson Studio is such a great interface.

By Pratik S

Sep 11, 2019

Course very thoroughly describes all the open-source tools for Data Science. Guided notes as well. Very helpful.

By Bishwajit P G

Jun 15, 2019

It helps me a lot to clear my doubt and help me to understand how to use various type of tools for data science.

By Gary T

Feb 4, 2019

I am learning so much; delivery method, content and structure of this course is intoxicatingly exciting and fun.

By Utkarsh Y

Jan 11, 2019

The course gives an introduction to the Data Science tools , namely Watson Studio, Zeppelin & Jupyter Notebooks.

By Victor A d S

Jan 14, 2022

Excellent course for those who are starting and don't know which tools to use and which ones to start learning.

By Promise U

Jan 5, 2022

T​his course provided with overall knowledge to push me to the right direction in my career path (Data Science)

By Zulaiqa R

Oct 17, 2021

Quite easy to follow for complete beginners, also comprehensive in introducing all relevant data science tools.

By Prakash G

Apr 24, 2020

Good introduction about interactive notebooks, tools for data science. looking forward to become data scientist

By Richard B

Jan 23, 2020

At the beginning overwhelmed but the videos and interactive exercises helped me understand the tools presented.

By Darshan K

Jun 1, 2022

This is the best one. All tools required for the Data Science are covered extensively wit practical knowledge.

By JAI S

May 19, 2021

Via Course It was very nice to see tool we have for data science. How we can use them to play around with data

By Anand G

Apr 15, 2020

A great insight into the basics of some open softwares required to kick-start your journey into Data Sciences!

By Timothy R

Aug 19, 2019

The IBM Watson studio section needs an update, apart from that it is very easy to use and hosts great content.

By Rahul U G

Sep 13, 2021

This course boosted my experience in data science field , thank you coursera for providing such good content.

By AGBOGBA A

Dec 15, 2020

I really like and enjoy this course. It was very structured so that anyone can learn by his own and anywhere.

By waseem a

Aug 27, 2020

A practical tools learned from this course which are very helpful specifically a person like me new to course

By RICHARD D

Jul 19, 2019

I like this Course on Coursera. Thank you Coursera for giving us the opportunity to be Part of the IBM family

By Matthew M

Oct 10, 2018

Great experience using these tools for the first time. I feel ready to use them in more complicated projects!

By Luis M M

Apr 9, 2021

Excelente, me permitió comprender y conocer las numerosas herramientas que existen para la ciencia de datos.

By Manoj J

Nov 27, 2020

I like the way, how this short videos covers all important areas and tools that are used by data scientists.

By Carlos C M

Apr 10, 2020

Very good course for a Beginner or an Expert that wants to learn about the Data Sciences Tools in IBM Cloud.

By Marcelo d C

Apr 25, 2022

Excellent course! A complete overview of the tools and resource that everyone in the area must know! Thanks